“NOT FOR FAMILIES”

Ranked #1,984 of 5,105 Hotels in Shanghai
Montreal, Canada
“NOT FOR FAMILIES”
Reviewed 27 March 2014

As others said, the Hotel is terrible I get to the room and I immediately get out and cancel. Is not sanitary, the walls had moss. We open de door and female service cards fall to the floor. You can find much better hotels in the area for the same price.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank indiravaca

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 19 March 2014

We will never go back to that hotel again.... Ever! My boyfriend and I are no frills (hotel doesn't need to be fancy as long as it's sanitized with decent spic 'n span bathrooms and the toiletries are okay) travelers but this hotel experience took us into a different level. We were totally deceived with the "nice and cozy" setup at the website, we were horrified when we arrived at our first day: [1] Upon entering the 6th floor, carpet was really dirty, we thought there was a recent crime scene. It's like they erased the dead-man tracing after CSI or SOCO investigated a crime; [2] As we reached our rooms, oh it was like having a nightmare! Adding to the dirty carpet, the bathroom floors were dirty, it's like it wasn't mopped and disinfected; [3] The bed was dirty (it seems that they didn't change the sheets), there were a couple of hair strands underneath the duvet or comforter; [4] It stinks and smelled like cigarette butts; [4] The door knob at the toilet was broken; [5] The wall paper was falling apart; [6] The hand soap was filled with water, as they just diluted it and shook the bottle in order to look "soapy"; [7] They didn't clean the bedroom the following day. They only cleaned the room two days after we checked-in;[8] The location was bad, the taxi drivers had difficulty locating it; [9] There was a picture of a naked lady at one of the walls, it surely felt like we were in a motel. We couldn't stand the hotel we left one day before the check-out date because we were saved by our friends, who are based in Shanghai.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GCS-PH16

Travellers are raving about these Shanghai hotels

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

On an emergency trip to Shanghai by myself. Booked in this "motel" mainly because of cost (HKD230) and the proxmity to the place I need to go.
Room size is decent for 1 person, cleanness acceptable - I am not asking for much. Unfortunately I arrived in Shanghai in one of those cold days. The room was freezing cold. Because the power shuts down as soon as you take the cardkey out of the slot, the room never got chance to warm up by the air con when I was out during the day. Shower water was hot enough but flow not strong. So getting into the equally cold bathroom was not a pleasant experience either. Hotel staff friendly enough but not much helpful as nothing was available after 8~9pm, the time staff leaving for the day. No water bottle for sale, no network cable to borrow... Internet connection was abysmal which I probably would attribute to the government censure.
It would have been somewhat more acceptable stay if the weather hadn't been that cold.

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 19 February 2014

My wife and I stayed here four nights. The hotel is not well maintained, the carpets are filthy in the halls and room, but what happened on my last day totally soured me on this place. But the room was ok and it's a budget hotel.

I'll say first, the front desk help was nice, although only Alice spoke English well. The location wasn't bad, but the nearest Metro station, Dalian, is about a 15-minute walk. The bed was comfortable and there was a flat screen TV. The shower worked well. Wifi was ok with router provided for 200 RMB deposit.

Here's what got me. After the front desk allowed me a late checkout on our last day (about 1:15 PM), we returned to the room at 12:45 PM. When we went to use the key card, the door was ajar and we walked into the empty room. Of course, we were concerned about our belongings, but all was there. The housekeeping had come and cleaned the room, apparently uninformed of our late checkout time. And left the door open. Since no one was at the front desk who spoke English, I could not explain my concerns. But I was and remain extremely upset about this breach.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Bali, Indonesia
Reviewed 17 November 2013

For hotel pricing in Shanghai this hotel is considered cheap, located 15 minutes walks from Dalian rd Metro Station (false 2 minutes walk stated in the website). The staff at the reception were not smiling at all but they've done the job quite well. The property condition was tragic the carpet was disgustingly stained and the smell of smoke were every where. The room however were quite spacious and clean. Since it is quite cheap hotel, i assume they are taking a lot of tour group and student group, during my 5 days stays everyday were noisy day so many groups arrived at night and leave in early morning disturbing my sleep. The room's door however are not thick enough to hold the voices so you can clearly listen the noise. It has quite good location with supermarket nearby but the property was really poor. For affordable hotel thought i still recommend this hotel

Room Tip: some rooms were already renovated, make sure you asked for the newer room
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 8 October 2013

This hotel is a basic budget hotel that will meet your needs if you are just looking for a cheap spot to sleep.

Our room was fair enough although the air-conditioning and Wi-Fi were not the best as they both seem to work sporadically. Try to request a room away from the main street which can become noisy.

On the more positive side, we found the front desk staff to be very helpful even with a language barrier.

If you stay here do not expect too much except a great and budget location for viewing this futuristic city.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Sao Paulo, Sp
Reviewed 2 October 2013

We spent 3 nights at this hotel. Room is quite spacious and there were wifi and ac. The main lobby smelled cigarette smoke, but no big deal. Shower was not very good, wasn't working appropriately, but for $14 us dollars a night, who cares? At least room was clean and didn't smell bad. Funny was there was no 4th. Floor button in the elevator.

• Stayed May 2013