“I don't get it...”

Ranked #737 of 5,059 Hotels in Shanghai
Stockholm
“I don't get it...”
Reviewed 11 May 2012

Why has so many people hailed this hotel? After a week's stay here I feel robbed.

One day we had put the "no cleaning"-sign on the door and went out a couple of hours. When we come back, we find a used cloth in the bathroom. According to the front desk, cleaning is a policy whenever the guest is outside by 2 PM. We gave her back her wet cloth.

Another day, somebody stood outside our NON-smoking room and smoked, which of course made us involuntary smokers. The air condition was to poor to cleanse the room from the toxics. The front desk had little interest in this incident as well.

We got a window facing a construction site, which means little or no sleep since they seemed to be most active during night and early morning.

What I really don't get, is how the maid can clean a room, and yet there are hairstraws left in the bathtub, the bed, and in the sink. Hairstraws not belonging to us, that is.

Oh well, the location was alright.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TravelCouple2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Koper, Slovenia
Reviewed 3 May 2012

In this hotel I spent six days with my friend.
We suit up near an undeground station . One station from Shanghai railway station and two station from People Square. If you go around town after 23:00 taxi is cheap and safe.
There is nothing around Hotel , but if you arrive late , the staff at the reception will be ordered drink and sendwiches.
Rooms are comfortable , clean and great for the price that we paid. Internet coverage is good.
The only complaint was the noise around Hotel. Construction site that is likely leave soon.
I recommend.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank TOMOSUMIC
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 9 December 2011

We spent most of the day outside and only came back to hotel for sleep. Therefore, We considered this hotel as a good choice for what we paid for. The hotel and room is not as modern or new as it shows on its website but the size of room is decent and amenities set up in room are acceptable. Free WiFi is available at the lobby. Internet LAN Cable is offered in room. Only some staff can understand and speak English well. We didn't mind though since we could see that they were willing to help and tried to answer the best they can.

Opposite the hotel is Subway Line 1 Station which is very convenient. We reached city center within 15 minutes by subway. Another 10 - 15 minutes walk, you will reach the train station. There is department store and food shop if you want to find some breakfast or dining place. In the night, the area is quiet so not recommend at all to walk around but anyway the subway exit is just across the street. Taxi from the famous Xin Tian Di costs us only 14 RMB.

Room Tip: If possible, try to book the room on higher level. Our room was on 2nd FL and we could feel suway ru...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 8 November 2011

Just across exit # 3 of Hanzhong Station, Line 1 of the Metro. Change to Line 2 in People's Park station to get to the airport. Allocate about 1 hour travel time to get to the airport using just the Metro. Bottled water & bottled juices are sold at the lobby. Room has free internet. On our first night, our room was located on the 15th flr. Really cool TV with keyboard for internet (Just a TV and a keyboard). On our second night, our room was located on the 3rd flr, I saw a LAN cable in the room, but since I didn't bring my laptop, I was unable to use their internet. Rooms were generally clean and had the usual amenities (bottled H20, toiletries, slippers, coffee & tea). Downside is there is really nothing to do outside the hotel. No malls, nor restaurants. Just a small chinese convenience store that sells drinks, bread and food items.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Travelogs
Chandigarh, India
Reviewed 14 October 2011

I visited Shanghai to meet tire manufacturers during September 2011 ; CITEXPO.

I stayed four nights in hotel Rhea Shanghai . The hotel is centrally located, walking distance from

Shanghai main railway station , close to Metro station and good markets nearby.

Arun Dutta , India

Room Tip: " they upgraded my room to provide extra facility of computer and free wi fi , without extra ch...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 6 August 2011

The hotel was nicely located, and accessible to metro. However, in the neighbourhood, there seems to be no restaurants for late night starving. But there is a small shop just nearby to buy water.

Room is clean, a bit cramped when you order extra bed.

The bathroom is separated to the room with a glass, with a curtain. But i heard this is quite common in China.

The staffs are nice, and english is not a big problem.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Stayed here for over 12 nights.. excellent, super fast service! Clean rooms, well lit, well conditioned, not outdated, free wifi or something like that.. sadly I had no good views but I'm not there for the views.

Very prompt maid service at 11am daily. I remember when I was hung over one night and decided to sleep longer the next morning, the lady actually waited outside my door for an hour because I told them to send her at noon. She said she was suppose to get off at noon but wanted to make sure that she cleans my room before she left. I was ashamed of my laziness causing this kind lady to stress out.. so. gave her a fat tip and told her to just change the towels.

The hotel is very honest and helpful in every way. The bellboy even helped me chase down taxis during peak hours. I will definitely stay again IF I were to stay for a long period of time since it's so cheap. Another great advantage is that the subway station is diagonally across the hotel's front door.. and the Shanghai Railway stop is literally 1 stop away by subway. It is super convenient if you decide to take the speed rail to Hangzhou or Suzhou (neighboring cities) .. also the speed rail is new, very clean and only takes 15 minutes to get there traveling over 300 km / hr ? .. yeah really fast the cost is Y90? I don't want to get into it but it's a great deal.

Also.. I love their instant coffee and tea bags .. sure woke me up every morning.

Room Tip: Tell them you don't want the rooms facing the kindergarten.. the kids sing and prance around eve...
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple