I'll get straight to the point. I don't recommend the Ocean Hotel in Shanghai and I would never stay here again. Here are the reasons why:
1. No in room wifi.
2. Lobby wifi requires that you enter a code every single time you disconnect and want to reconnect again.
3. Yoghurt at breakfast buffet was not on ice, and at room temperature.
4. The pool has been shut down since Nov. 2013.
5. Gym doesn't open until 10am... when you are on vacation, you're out on tours or doing sights mid day... it needs needs be open early or 24-hrs.
6. No fitted sheet, flat sheet is barely tucked in, no top sheet.
7. Smelly room and hallway (on 16th floor at least).
8. Only provides shampoo/shower gel in one (low quality).
9. Large rooms but they are terribly laid out.
10. Overall, this hotel is old and desperately needs updating.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda and Ctrip TA so you can book your Ocean Hotel Shanghai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shanghai Ocean Hotel