“Excellent location hotel”

Ranked #584 of 5,069 Hotels in Shanghai
Sibiu, Romania
“Excellent location hotel”
Reviewed 30 December 2013

I found this hotel for the best location, 3 minutes walk to The Bund and 5 minutes to the East Nanjing metro station, as I stayed for 2 weeks. The price is excellent, the rooms are very clean, very good service and you get Wi-fi in the lobby (this could be better). There is a PC in the room but it's in chinese so I couldn't use it or I didn't get to change the language.
Overall: very good value for money.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 21 October 2013

staying here for 10 days. Beds are very very firm, service is average, breakfast is suspect. The ringing bells every half have been irritating, now I am used to them...from room 405. This place is value for the dollar based on the location. However, if you do not like very hard beds, your vacation could be in jeopardy. carpet in my room is sticky. Bring your flip flops!
I am got used to the exterior noise and bed. It may be more efficient to pay more and get a better nights sleep and forgo the cost savings if you require a nice comfortable bed.

WIFI has been great and average

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank longroadtogo
Semarang, Indonesia
Reviewed 16 October 2013

This time, I would like to share my latest experience in staying at this hotel last month. As many people knows already, this hotel property is conveniently located within three (3) minutes walk from the Bund and within ten (10) minutes walk from East Nanjing Pedestrian Mall and/or Metro station.

As usual, my flight touched down in Shanghai in the early morning so that I reached the hotel around 8:00 in the morning and I proceeded to the front desk to check-in. Unfortunately, they said they had no room available that time. When I asked them what time my room would be ready, they advised me to return back around 10:00 am.

As I felt tired particularly after taking a night flight to Shanghai, I decided to wait in the lobby area although it was not really a pleasant area to wait. Time went by and after passing 10:00 am, nobody came up to me so right that moment, I decided to speak to another (male) staff who was standing in the front desk : He immediately took care of my inquiry by checking the availability of my room almost instantly.

Within five (5) minutes, I entered my room and the first thing I did was taking a nap as I was completely tired by that time. After I woke up and took shower, I noticed that the floor (carpet) area was quite dirty and I could see remaining of snacks were almost everywhere. Right at that moment, I thought the housekeeping staff rushed themselves in getting a room ready for the guest and forgot to vacuum them but I was totally wrong about it after the 2nd day.

During the whole duration of my stay (9 nights), they were still there and they were there until I checked-out. I also believe, they will be there as the housekeeping staffs don't see them as something that needs to be vacuumed. Clearly, none of the housekeeping staffs see this as a serious (health) problem. I am sure they won't vacuum the floor until a guest complaints or even scream at the hotel's management.

Other than "dirty" floor, I don't really see anything change significantly and I do believe they still offer more or less the same "Chinese hotel's management" standard of service over the years. FYI, I have been staying in this hotel at least three (3) times since the past three years and I honestly believe that they don't have either the knowledge on how to raise their level of service to a much higher level or the management decides to maintain their level of service as what it is today. Sometimes I am trying to understand their thinking : Could it be they're thinking why they have to bother themselves to raise their level of service if the hotel always has a high occupancy rate ?

It is really sad for me to think about it but I just can't really think anything else that would make any sense for someone in their position as what they do is just simply running a hotel with an attitude "take it or leave it". As for me myself, this will definitely my last stay in the this hotel and I am sure I can find a much better hotel the next time I stay in Shanghai.

Room Tip: None as none of them has a view worth paying for
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Bambang S
Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 24 September 2013

We found t his hotel has a great location. Its only 2 minutes walk to the Bund and 5 minutes to Nanjing Shopping street. However, my colleague lost her scarf and sleep gear in the room on the day we check out. The front office does not take seriously our concern on such loss. Some rooms are mosquito infested. Room service is rather poor. Floors are not vacuum daily, trash bins in the bathroom not emptied everyday. Good value for set meals at its restaurant though.

Room Tip: Ask for non smoking room. Ask them to spray mosquito repellent. Lock all your bags.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank MOKKualaLumpur
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed 17 September 2013

This hotel is very conveniently located close to the Bund. The rooms are very clean, quiet and rather spacious, air condition could be easily adapted to your needs. The staff are firendly and helpful. As the breakfast was not included we went to have breakfast around the corner - a good choice. I can really recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Marietta232
Ancona, Italy
Reviewed 7 September 2013

We spent two fabulous nights in a fantastic room. It was on aspecial offer, top range.
The bed was enormous, very comfortable and the room was big, clean and really super.
The breakfast was not included, and on leaving we tried it, but it was a bit dissapointing.
The hotel is in a very quiet area, safe and very close to the Bund and the underground.
I really recommend it, at least the top range rooms.
Reception staff are helpful and speak English.

Room Tip: Buy a top range room
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Englewood, New Jersey
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Good location, convenient to food and transport. Near interesting touristic places to visit such as museums, parks, and shopping. Subway is about a ten minute walk from the hotel. The Bund and river are within walking distance.

Room Tip: Ask for upper floors.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled solo