“One of the better places we stayed at in China!”

Minya Hotel Pudong Shanghai
Ranked #191 of 5,147 Hotels in Shanghai
Reviewed 6 September 2012

Not far off the subway line (we used subway and highly recommend it) There are some small shops near Hotel to shop for snacks and trinkets. Room was large and bed comfortable. Bring a swimming cap if you want to us etheir pool. They sell them for far less across the street from the Hotel in a small merchant shop, 10 RMB vs much more in the hotel. A nice rec/pool center with ping pong and weight room too. Wireles only in the lobby but ample space to sit around there. Concierge was helpful getting my PDA to work on their wireless. Great buffet breakfast with ample selection or western and oriental foods.
Out Pudong way so not as central as other hotels.

Room Tip: They're building a new highrise in front of the hotel so ask for a room not facing it as the cra...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank FamilySpringBreak

Reviewed 2 September 2012

We first touched down the airport at 7am and was wondering if we can check in the hotel at that hour and we were glad the hotel gave us a room at around 9am. The room was so huge almost a suite (Room 1201) with a big bathtub, very clean and big bed (superking size) with other facilities that a 5 star hotel must have. However, we were very dissappointed with the hotel rule that we must wear a cap to use the swimming pool!!! Even for MEN. I have used many 5 star hotel and have not been ask to use a cap to use the pool. The staff offerred to sell us one (RMB 32) but we did not take up the offer as we thought we just want to dip in to cool as the temperate outside was above 40C, anyway we were compensated by the excellent breakfast the hotel offered.

Room Tip: Room 1201 very good for couples, big with a superking bed, a huge jazucci like bathtub where lovers...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 August 2012

On the first day we discovered the air-cond wasn't working and it was very hot in August. Went to complain and was told that someone would come to the room to fix the air-cond. After 45 mins, went to the reception again and apparently they had forgotten about our complaint. They decided to give us another room. Other than the air-cond issue, the room and bathroom were fine. As mentioned by other reviewer, the lighting in the room was dim.

Buffet breakfast was good. The best time to avoid group tourists at breakfast is about 8am where they would be off on their tour buses.

There's no eatery near the hotel. The nearest metro (Deping Stn) takes about 10 mins walk. Once you get to the metro, many places are very accessible with the metro. The metro is efficient and cheap.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TickingBucketList
Reviewed 20 August 2012

The rooms are great, the bed is nice and soft. I had a nice time sleeping at this hotel. The first time I stayed at this hotel is that the room was warm. I went to Shanghai in the winter time and I don't come from a country whose temperature ever goes below zero degrees Celsius or close to it. Maybe the coldest is 9 degrees Celsius. The breakfast food was alright considering its hotel food.

I was with a tour group when I twice stayed at the hotel. Compared to the other hotels that I stayed at during the trip. This hotel is so far very good. I hate the cold so I was very happy =) to have the heating system to work. There was a bath, yeah! At home I don't normally take a bath but I'm on holiday I'm going to take a bath.

My father brought his laptop with him and had some trouble connecting to the Internet. so he called the front desk for assistance and a person came up very quickly. The help got the computer connected to the Internet. Yeah!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank CocoaK
Reviewed 22 July 2012

Beautiful hotel! Great service! Very comfortable beds, big rooms, clean as well.
I was expecting a package to be delivered to the hotel during my stay, but there was some delay, and i didnt receive it on time. I had to check-out and go to another city. Hotel's concierge did a great job. They received a package for me one day after I checked-out, called me and sent it to the address I gave them. One day later the package was with me. I'm very pleased. Next time I go to Shanghai, I will stay at that hotel again! Sorry, it took me several months to write a review.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Paulina-V-K
Reviewed 21 July 2012

I stayed her twice on the same trip (first and last night in Shanghai) but not back to back as this was part of a tour. Very modern hotel with high tech lighting controls but still not bring enough if all lights were on. Room was spacious, with 2 double beds plus a separated seating area just behind the wall of the TV. The breakfast was delicous with both hot and cold items (Chinese and Westernized). Their dining restaurant seemed quite higher priced but I could see that the quality level seems aligned with it.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Where_to_travel_next
Reviewed 19 July 2012

It's quite luxurious hotel, but some minor touches are missing. My room for example was spacious but very dark all the time, due to 'special' lighting options and a big column for the large plasma TV just in front of the windows.
The hi-tech touch controls for the lights were not very convenient. Fairly distant to Pudong Airport with no easy access by Maglev. Taxi is the only way to get quick there - takes ~ 200 RMB.
Other than that, good value.
Excellent breakfast.