InterContinental Shanghai Jing'An
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$243
US$249
US$235
Travelocity
  • Pool
All reviewsclub towermain towerautomatic toiletclub roomjapanese toiletbathroom areanespresso machinerainforest showertrain stationfront desk manageran upgradeup to datebusiness triptaxis are cheapstandard roomhigh floorbeautiful hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 July 2012

This is my 7th stay at the IC Puxi in Shanghai and without a doubt for the corporate
rate that I enjoy there is not another hotel that beats it. The rooms are very spacious, modern and very comfortable. I always get upgraded as I am at the gold level. Everything you would expect from an IC hotel, the service is good and the staff are very willing but the language barrier is sometimes a problem. Location is not the best and there is not much around the hotel so you have to take a taxi to go everywhere. What really lets the hotel down is the restaurants, the Ecco on the lobby level is very basic and the choice limited. The quality is not good and I try to avoid eating there. I am a big Japanese food fan but the Koi restaurant has always been empty when I have eaten there (not a good sign I know!) and it is heavily over priced. Overall a great quality business hotel but not a great all rounder. There are great restaurants in Shanghai so atleast it gives an excuse to go out for dinner but I would have thought that for such a high quality hotel atleast one of the restaurants would be good ! unfortunately not.

Room Tip: You will not find a bad room category here, all rooms I have stayed in differ slightly in size but not in luxurious finishings
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 June 2012

I stayed in the IC during my business trip in June 2012 to Shanghai. it is luxury hotel where they treat you like a king. I loved the staff member as they smile to you every day. the room was superb; clean and high class. there is a automatic toilet in the room which I loved. this is one of the best hotels that i stayed in during my travels. definitely I will stay again in this hotel in my next trip.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 June 2012

As a loyal IC customer and being RA in their program I have seen many IC throughout China and ROW.
This is the first time that I have seen a hotel with a seperate club room building. The lounge is great and the staff very helpfull Nd try to do anything for you. The rooms are spacious and very good equiped as in every IC.
As it was rainiing for several days and I was tired from a 5 day and 5 hotels trip, I have spent the whole two days in the club as well as the gym and my room. It's possible to beat the time this way without getting bored (at least for me). Anyway, I will return for sure.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 June 2012

This is an excellent hotel. Large, very well appointed rooms; efficient and friendly service; great gym and pool; fantastic breakfast....

Highly recommended!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 June 2012

This is a very well run and effective hotel. Good transport links ( don't bother with the taxis - they are cheap but can be a bit confused if you don't speak chinese - use the metro from the Rail Station about 200 metres away). Well equipped rooms and good restaurants. Slight gripes:

Wireless connection was variable
Voucher for ' soft drink' refused as a fruit juice is not a soft drink...... complained and it was then suddenly OK.

Good value - good as a meeting place and convenient for the city.

Room Tip: Corner rooms have 2 glass walls - higher floors ( pollution permitting) have a better view
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business