“Just SUPER!!!”

Ranked #38 of 5,032 Hotels in Shanghai
tokyo
“Just SUPER!!!”
Reviewed 19 December 2013

i have stayed in lux hotels all over the world though this hotel made me impress in so many ways.............location, value, staffs, amenity, etcetc.
i can only recommend this hotel to all my friends who may go to shanghai soon. i was particularly impressed with nice swimming pool & spa and the choice of so many different pillows!!!!!!
i guess i payed for 3 nights stay for the value of one night of other hotels i usually stay in nyc or dubai, etc. sooo nice:)

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
grandcentralhotelsha, Public Relations Manager at Grand Central Hotel Shanghai, responded to this review, 26 December 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your wonderful review. It is always a great pleasure to receive the nice comment such as yours. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 19 December 2013

Choosing Grand Central Hotel Shanghai mainly due to its great location, just few minutes walk to Nanjing East MRT station (Exit 4) and the popular walkway along Nanjing East road is just across the street, and just 10-15mins walk to the Bund, it makes a great choice for me to stay in this pretty new Hotel.
Upon arrival, the big and spacious hotel lobby attracted my attention. Love the oval shaped structure hanging in the middle of the ceiling, it is actually a ballroom which was pretty unique in its architecture. I'd actually arrived early and the front desk was kind enough to arranged a room for me.
The room I got was very spacious, and facing Nanjing East road which gives the bustling Shanghai feel. Love the spacious bathroom, and well equipped with a bathtub and shower room.
The whole hotel gave me a luxury feeling yet the staff was friendly in all the queries I had with regards to the hotel or nearby attractions.

Room Tip: Request for a room with a nice view
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
grandcentralhotelsha, Public Relations Manager at Grand Central Hotel Shanghai, responded to this review, 20 December 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your compliment on our room and our services. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Tehran, Iran
Reviewed 17 December 2013

AMIR

i was in this hotel for 5 nights for business trip.
actually this hotel is very nice in all of aspects. Polite and kind staff , big room and acceptable services , i enjoyed of the location and availability to shopping mall .
The furniture was good and it was classic decoration .
If i go to shanghai again, i will stay in this hotel absolutely.
the breakfast must be better , fruit must be added to this breakfast .

maybe i go to this hotel with my family in next summer ...

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying at the Grand Central Hotel Shanghai. We are delighted that the hotel met with your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you and your family next summer.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 16 December 2013

I spent 20 days at the Grand Central Hotel in a business trip and I do not have not even a single little complain about it. Actually I loved everything! The room is very nice and clean with a great king size bed and different options of pillows. The staff is really helpful and efficient. The location is great! Close to the subway, sightseeings, malls and many good restaurants. The best part of my stay was the outstanding breakfast! Besides the regular Western food they also have a great Asian isle, which I had a lot of fun trying out different stuff everyday. On my next trip to Shanghai there is no doubt that I will stay there.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your great review of Grand Central Hotel Shanghai. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay, and we truly appreciate your high esteem of our room, breakfast as well as the staff. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Nicosia, Cyprus
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Despite the bad start of my experience at the hotel, it turned out to be a rather good experience overall. My flight into the city was delayed and I ended up arriving at the hotel in the middle of the night and with more than just a few hours delayed. There was only one person at the reception and the lights in the lobby were dimmed to a minimum, only to be told that my room was no longer available. However, I was offered a suite at a reasonable price. The room was excellent,spacious, very clean and with all the facilities one could ask for. The service is a bit questionable though. The worst was when I had someone knokcing at my door, at a time I had the "do not disturb" sign on. I thought that was absurd! The breakfast was not impressive and definitely nothing that one should get out of his way for. During all my visits to Shanghai, I have stayed at Pudong and Nanjing Road area. I must admit that the latter was better. It was equally good for going about my business that included commuting throughout the city's CBD, but it was better as it offered more choice for things to do after work. The pricing of the hotel was reasonable and I suppose that this is a plus. In conclusion, this is a good hotel. It is a shame that they let details create a negative impression to their guests.

Room Tip: If you will have a late arrival, make sure to inform the hotel in advance, otherwise you may be left...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Dear guest,
Thank you for staying at the Grand Central Hotel Shanghai. We have noted your comments on the issues of delay, service as well as breakfast, and we’ll bring these comments to the related department head immediately. We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future and to showing you the improvement that we have made.
London
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Simply one of the best hotels I've stayed in!
I was staying at the Grand Central as part of a business trip and I thoroughly enjoyed my 3-night stay. The room was an excellent size with a luxurious bathroom and first-class amenities. The hotel location was superb also, only a few minutes walk from the prime shopping district.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
grandcentralhotelsha, Public Relations Manager at Grand Central Hotel Shanghai, responded to this review, 15 December 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying with us at Grand Central Hotel Shanghai, and for taking the time to write your kind review. We appreciate your comments about our room facilities and hotel location. We hope to have the pleasure of serving you again in the near future.
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 9 December 2013

This 5-star hotel is located a stone's throw away from the probable most patronized road of Shanghai - Nanjing Pedestrian Street. There are no less than 3 convenience stores across the street - HanKou Road. Hotel residents can also try the make-shift food stall at the traffic light junction at HanKou Road from 10pm. It is a sub-5min walk to the train station - Nanjing East Stop. Cleanliness is up to par for a 5-star accommodation which also comes with a indoor swimming pool, decent gym and billard room. Just that service could be better, my 1st encounter was a less than enthusiastic front desk staff who assign me and my better half to 10th floor while I had requested for a highest possible floor (of the total 17 floors) 2 months ago who I booked the hotel. Also, I had asked for birthday cake for my better half since it's her birthday. The hotel has agreed to provide but it never came which was a disappointment. Nonetheless, the hotel was a pleasant stay.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent stay and nice comments about our hotel location and facilities.
We also appreciate your comments about our service glitches as it is through them that we are able to further improve our service standard. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back on your next visit to Shanghai.