“Small Comfortable Restaurant. Food Different Every Time.” 3 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Former French Concession
Description: Organic Kitchen opened its first restaurant in the fall of 2011 at the heart of Xuhui, in the area known as the “Former French Concession”, right on the Fuxing West Road thoroughfare. Open daily this cozy café is the perfect place to stop and grab a great meal designed by our head chef, drinks and coffee made from fair trade organic beans.Organic Kitchen is the first organic food delivery service in Shanghai. Since 2008, we have been providing healthy and tasty meals using the freshest ingredients thanks to a network of OFDC certified farms (Organic Food Development Center) around Shanghai and from further afield in China. Organic Kitchen aims to become the go solution for health conscious customers thanks to our diverse menu.Roughly 70% of our ingredients are organic. Some foods are simply unavailable in organic form in Shanghai, such as organic Parmesan cheese, but the vast majority of the ingredients we use to prepare food at Organic Kitchen are organic. Please note that when an organic ingredient we normally use is no longer available, we sometimes purchase food with traceable certification until the organic ingredient is available again.Moreover, some producers cannot afford the organic certification but we verify that their produce is grown following the same sustainable ethos. For example, our chicken comes from reliable sources using no hormones, antibiotic free and follow best farming methods available.
Shanghai
“Small Comfortable Restaurant. Food Different Every Time.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2012

Organic Kitchen is a small restaurant decorated white brick walls and wooden tables. The look is comfortable. I have been three times. I ordered from the counter and the food is delivered to the tables. The food came out slowly. My main problem is that the food tastes different every time. The first time I went I had Thai curry and it was not bad. I had it again another time and it was not good. So if you go then you do not know if you will have good food or not.
If I could give 2 food ratings then I would give a 4 stars and a 2 stars.
I don't think that I will go back to take a risk unless I am in the area with nothing to eat.

Visited April 2012

“Healthy food with wonderful flavour!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2010

Healthy food with wonderful flavour!

Istanbul
“the lettuce in the salad is GREEN”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2010

I have eaten salads in many restaurants in Shanghai... often the lettuce is green with patches of brown. But Organic Kitchen Shanghai had very green lettuce. Bravo! It was the freshest salad I have had in Shanghai. They seem to really care about the quality of the ingredients. I found the price very reasonable, especially considering that the ingredients are so good and organic, which is more expensive for the restaurant.

Recommended.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank snowyjp
Shanghai
“Finally an organic restaurant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2009

I have been living in Shanghao for over 5 years now. And I have read about the problems with the melamine in the milk, and the pesticides in the vegetable crops. I have been buying organic vegetables and ingredients myself at Carrefour and cooking organic food at home, as there has been no other option. I have just found Organic Kitchen online a few days ago, and I am very happy about it. The food is good. You can tell the difference between non-organic and organic, it was one of the most delicious and freshest tasting produce and chicken I have had since I have been in Shanghai. I hope Organic Kitchen will keep up the quality, then I will order from them all the time.

2 Thank JeffPr