“Wow - What a view and what service”

Hotel Indigo Shanghai on the Bund
Ranked #23 of 5,112 Hotels in Shanghai
Reviewed 28 March 2014

We traveled with our two teenage daughters to Shanghai and were amazed with the Hotel Indigo! The rooms are very large, and very cool. The bathrooms are really the highlight with a huge tub and rain shower - very relaxing after busy days of sightseeing. The rooftop bar has a view that cannot be beat of the Bund and the food and service in the Quay Restaurant was great. A relaxing and friendly dining experience with a mix of food options that even our teen agers were very pleased with. The breakfast buffet had a large variety of items. All hotel staff are eager to please and help.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the Bund-most rooms will have one!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Hotel Indigo Shanghai on the Bund

Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed at indigo this time at Shanghai. This is my first time me staying at this hotel. Front desk manager Jackson chow is extremely friendly helpful since my room air conditioning is too hot for me. He immediately changed a better room for me. The room is beautiful well design. Cafe and breakfast room in the hotel is well presented. Food is good standard and quality. I love their balcony of the roof bar. You can see the whole view facing the Shanghai bunds. It's beautiful!!! I will come back and stay at Indigo for my birthday trip in Shanghai this year.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Shanghai_Indigo, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Shanghai on the Bund, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Greetings Corinnaovdesign-

Thank you for taking the time to write a few words about your recent stay with us here at hotel indigo in Shanghai. I will be certain to share your kind comments regarding your interaction with Jackson on of the hotel's superstars.

Wonderful to read that you will be planning a return to Shanghai and the hotel later this year to celebrate your birthday - please be sure to reach out to me personally so we can assure another fantastic stay with us.

All the best

Reviewed 16 March 2014

We stayed from 2nd to 5th March. We had a corner room which overlooked the river (it is worth paying more for this). This gave us great views of the light show on the buildings between 6 - 10pm at night if we were in our room.
The room was furnished with a feeling of Shanghai. The bathroom was one of the largest we have had in any hotel we have stayed at throughout the world.
The staff made our stay even more enjoyable - we don't want to single any one out as they were all great.
We have absolutely no complaints about the service, food or amenities. However, some more comfortable seating in the lobby would be appreciated.
Yes we would stay there again and would recommend it to others.
Michael Neels

Room Tip: As stated it is worth paying for a corner room
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Shanghai_Indigo, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Shanghai on the Bund, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Dear Michael n

Greetings from Shanghai and thank you for your kind words of praise. It is always a pleasure to read when our guests have found that perfect combination of personalized attention, imaginative design, and tasty food and beverage.

Mr. Neels, we all very much look forward to welcoming you back to hotel Indigo and hope that you will reach out to me personally when your travel plans once again turn towards Shanghai.

With warm regards

Reviewed 14 March 2014

This is one of my favourite hotels in Shanghai .
It is a refreshing change from all those business hotels I usually stay in on those
exhausting "do china in 10 day trips " I always try to arrange it at the end
of the trip or at a weekend

I love the location , sufficiently out of it to be quiet , close to Lao Ma Tau ( cool docks ) and within walking distance of the bund albeit a longish one .

The views are great and the rooms a sort of 30s Shanghai , whilst a little kitsch are still fun even after so many times.

But I enjoy getting up in the morning and going down for a breakfast where the staff are genuinely
friendly and the breakfast is a quality one and not a force feeding ground for wannabe geese.

Of course there is the ubiquitous breakfast buffet , but a scaled down
quality version with quaint features , smoothies etc.......and the "full on "
one is served in a frying pan

It has the feel of a relaxed coffee shop in Oz and the mocha with a
huge spoon of Nutella , more fun !!!

I have never had a bad stay in this hotel ! It has a very relaxing
atmosphere , without being " uber cool or hip "which is a refreshing
change , when on the road as much as I am

A great roof top terrace to enjoy the views of the river and wind down with
A cocktail . The steakhouse is good , although when in Shanghai I prefer to
enjoy the new independent restaurant scene that seems to change every 6 months

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank RHKP_traveller
Reviewed 11 March 2014

this is a convenient experience, great and convenient location, personal and attentive service, great to walk the bund, close to mr and mrs bund (best restaurant in the city), close to ferrys, good food in and out, this is a good experience! I would stay here again and I would recommend this hotel to friends and family!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank carli2sway
Reviewed 10 March 2014

With my wife, we took a weekend package for relaxing ourselves as the life in shanghai is very speed.
the room is nice the staff are helpful. the breakfast is good also . . .
The bad is regarding the diner, we suppose to have a 400 RMB set diner for each. The food we have is simply crap . . . simple salad simple chicken and as dessert we have industrial ice cream serve into the industrial packaging ...

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Shanghai_Indigo, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Shanghai on the Bund, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Dear anthace,

Thank you for your recent comments on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at hotel Indigo, Shanghai. I am sorry to hear that your otherwise fantastic stay with us was marred by a poor dining experience in Quay our three meal restaurant. Familiar with the weekend package you had intended to enjoy and clearly we fell short of those expectations.

Please accept my apology on behalf of the entire Indigo team as we strive to ensure that each guest has a memorable and positive experience with us. We will certainly re-look at the set menu being offered to ensure that their is more variety for guests who prefer something else to eat and as you are living here in Shanghai hope that you will contact me personally so that I might invite you back for that fantastic meal you had clearly missed.

With warm regards

Reviewed 7 March 2014

Great hotel ang great people. I have stay at this hotel for over 5 times. Also I have introduced my friends to stay at this hotel. My first choice of hotel in shanghai.The steakhouse is excellent! The front desk manager Jackson knows how to treat his guest very well. Just feel all very comfortable in this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014
Shanghai_Indigo, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Shanghai on the Bund, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Greetings Li H,

Thank you so much for your kind comments concerning the service and the staff here at hotel Indigo. I will be certain that Jackson receives an extra special thank you from the team as well.

It is always such a pleasure to not only hear about our loyal guests returning to us here in Shanghai but also recommending us to their family and friends.

Please look me up when next here in Shanghai so I can personally thank you for your continued patronage.

With Warm Regards