“Perfect Stay”

Hotel Indigo Shanghai on the Bund
Ranked #25 of 5,161 Hotels in Shanghai
Reviewed 22 August 2014

I was there for a business trip and stay over for 2 nights. overall rating was perfect as the rooms are very new and clean. I was given a room with the river view . spectacular in the mornings and at night. Walking distance from the bund if you intend to stroll .. Morning , i pop by to the pool which is indoor and also the gym.. with a great view facing the river as well .
overall good experience with Indigo Shanghai

Room Tip: Facing the river.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank KiaRio
Shanghai_Indigo, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Shanghai on the Bund, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Greetings KiaRio-

Well who can argue with PERFECT- thank you do much for your recent kind comments on TripAdisor as they help spread the word about what we are up to here at hotel Indigo. I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Christoph

Write a ReviewReviews (1,453)

Reviewed 20 August 2014

We did not stay at the hotel but wanted to see the Bund and Pudong light up at sunset. This bar has everything. We sat at the terrace with a nice cold white bottle of wine. Around 6:30 pm the "light show" starts, one building after the other. By about 7:00 PM many of the boats on the the Huangpu River are illuminated as well. The staff at the bar was very attentive and the snacks and wine were delicious.
If you happened to be walking on The Bund, just visit the hotel's bar. It is worth it. It was one of the best things we did in Shanghai!!!

Room Tip: If you are not staying at the hotel but want to enjoy a drink and the view, get to the bar around 5...
Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Savoreandolavida_75

Dear 4Palmeras-

So glad that you were able to take in one of the most spectacular views in all of Shanghai and enjoy some tasty snacks, properly chilled wine and attentive service in our Charbar. In fact, we have now completed the 2nd expansion of the bar with its new south facing Sky Terrace that offers an alternative to the well know north facing Bund terrace for our many guests.

The team is also very proud to have been named best hotel bar 2014 in both City weekend and What's up as they work very hard to make sure each guests leaves happy and with some stunning pictures and fantastic memories. Rather than simply being know for the view - providing top notch service and excellent beverages and cocktails is our singular focus.

Hope to have you back again soon.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

A very charming boutique-like hotel, right on the river. It is located on the Bund, minutes walk from one of the most charming places in China, the Yuyuan Garden (with amazing shops and a famous tea house on a little lake).

The service is very good, and the décor is very unique. The rooms are very cozy and extremely comfortable. The restaurant serves a fantastic breakfast.

Watch out for taxi drivers if you are arriving from the Maglev station – they will try to rip you off. The regular fare should be no more than 80 RMB, ours wanted 180 RMB. Almost held us hostage until we gave him 120! Not a pleasant experience. Make sure you negotiate the price before you get into the cab! And insist on dropping you off in front of the hotel, not the back, where he can easily retreat…

Would definitely stay there again, as the hotel itself is really great.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Dman_DW,

Awesome to read that you enjoyed a wonderful time with us here at hotel Indigo. In fact, since your last visit we have expanded both the Char bar with a new south facing terrace and Char dining with an additional river view room for your enjoyment and future exploration.

I am sorry to hear that you had an issue with a disreputable taxi driver- as most in the city are freindly and honest. You are absolutely right that you should never let them drop you off near by or behind your destination as it makes them very difficult to track. However, if they were to drive up to the hotel we can easily bring up the arrival on video, identify the plate number and get the police involved quickly to have the money returned and dissuade them from trying this again in the future.

I hope this has not put you off from returning to Shanghai and we would certainly loving having you stay with us again.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

My husband and I had a wonderful time staying in the hotel. Room was very spacious, contemporary, every thing you could want, bathroom facility was so well appointed, separate bidet/toilet, separate shower room, separate vanity room, and our room had a view of the River, which we requested, at an additional cost. Location excellent, but will be even more so in a couple of years time when construction around it is complete. Staff want out of there way to ensure we enjoyed our stay. For example, after an evening walk on the Bund, coming back and being very hot, the manager on duty sent us up a platter of fresh fruit, compliments of the hotel. Would highly recommend this hotel as good value for money.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 1945LynetteD

Greetings 1945LynetteD

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience here at hotel Indigo with us. I also think you hit the nail on the head when you mentioned the beautiful facilities and amenities found in the hotel were great but it was the personalized and caring service of our staff that made the real difference.

Ill be sure to share your comments with our front desk team and hope we will be able to welcome you back to Shanghai soon.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Its decoration is unique and of some Chinese elements. Especially, the facilities in the bath room are great and you can enjoy a beautiful night view when taking a bath. The most amazing part of the hotel is the swimming pool, where you will have a wonderful bird view at the Bund and Huangpu River.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Joey_Shen

Joey _Shen - What a Treat!

I am always so thrilled to read reviews of the hotel and its facilities by a member of our local community and judging by your handle you are from the Shanghai area.

Yes I too love the pool on the 7th floor and when in the water you almost have an infinity edge with the Hungpu river so much so that the huge freighters look like they are going to head right into the water with you. Of course for a bit more privacy and drama particularly at night the over sized tubs in many of our rooms with equally stunning views of the river and the city beyond just make relaxing that much more enjoyable.

Look forward to meeting you in person upon your return to hotel Indigo.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

I stayed here for one night for the last night of my stay in China with my girlfriend. Fantastic, I communciated with the hotel staff beforehand to arrange some flowers and to assist in selecting the right room and from this point until checking out, everything was just fantastic.

The complimentary music CD was delightful as background music, the hand written welcome card, the complimentary horse teddy just made it all the more sweet. The location was beautiful, the view was beautiful, the rooftop bar was beautiful.

Breakfast was delicious, unfortunately we did not eat our evening meal in the hotel but I have no doubt that it would have been perfect.

Honestly my only fault was that when checking out the Concierge was a put too pushy for us to get into the taxi, but apart from that the place is flawless and worth every penny. I recommend this whole heartedly!

Room Tip: Special view room, i was in this and it enabled a beautiful night time view!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lewis H

Greetings Lewis H-

Thank you for considering and selecting hotel Indigo during your recent stay here in Shanghai. I am glad that we were able to make your last night in China a special one for you both - so much so - that you will consider a return visit to us to even further explore the magic which is Shanghai and perhaps a great steak dinner in Char or cocktails at sunset with us on the Charbar Terrace.

We enjoy making your stay more than what was expected, less formal, more fun and of course memorable.

I will certainly have a chat with our door staff to be able to better read the needs of each of our guests and not fall into a mechanical completion of a task but rather enhance their interaction with you any way they can.

Look forward to having you back.

General manager

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Great hotel, good location, spectacular views. I stayed here 3 different times - total of 7 nights - over the course of 3 weeks. First two stays I was in an 04 room - very nice room. The second stay there was a mechanical issue with my room - as I was on the 28th floor and located under the restaurant. Not a big deal - but the way that the staff handled the issue was first rate. Upon my 3rd stay - I was not only upgraded to an 08 room, it seemed that every staff member I encounter not only knew my name, they went out of their way to give me first class service. I will definitely stay at this hotel again. There are nicer hotels in the world, there may be nicer hotels in Shanghai - but you will be hard pressed to find a more professional hotel staff.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank MikeBrown33

Dear MikeBrown33

We can't wait to welcome you back to Shanghai and hotel Indigo. I myself had just returned from a 10 day trip to Lhasa on the 18th when I first read your review and it just brought a warm sense of pride to my heart. The team here do fully realize the importance of friendly and passionate guest service and they strive to make a fan out of every guest encounter.

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us and please let me know when next you are planning a trip to Shanghai so that I might have the pleasure of meeting you in person.
christoph.zbinden@ihg.com