Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel Shanghai
US$167
US$84
NewWorldHotels.com
  • Pool
The Kunlun Jing An(Shanghai)
US$218
US$143
  • Restaurant
US$269
US$215
  • Restaurant
All reviewsice roomhot stone bathhuamu roadexhibition centreexcellent hotelkerry hoteltrade showkerry centerkerry parksidepudong airporthuge roommaglev trainshopping mallcentury parkbreakfast buffetbusiness triproom service
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

Amazing hotel! Beautiful lobby impressed me when I first entered, nice room with comfortable bed make me sleep well & health club design is very special, I like the garden! The food is nice, I like the breakfast. Shanghai Restaurant food is delicious and very traditional local cuisine. Japanese restaurant & Grill room also nice! Good service of the hotel staff! Don't want to leave...

Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Alice M, Manager at Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2013

Dear Happycatcat,

So glad to have read that you enjoyed your stay with us here at Jumeirah Himalayas Shanghai. Allow me to thank you for both your time and for this in depth review of our property. It is truly encouraging to know that our efforts to bring about constant improvements in our services and facilities creates a positive experience for our guests.

Sincerely

Reviewed 2 November 2013

Amazing service, nice rooms, you really want to stay in this hotel. One of the best experiences I have ever had. Just across the street there is Starbucks, and of course lots of restaurants with chinese food.
I went for the breakfast in the hotel which offers different options for western type of breakfast and asian as well.
Highly recommend.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Alice M, Manager at Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2013

Dear Vintagebird,

Thank You for your post and for your high recommendation. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your overall stay with us. I will be sure to pass on your comments the team , they will be very appreciative. Thank you once again for your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Jumeirah Himalayas in the very near future.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

It is a nice hotel but not so good for a 5 stars.
The location however was very conveniente very near to the fair grounds which was the reason of my trip.
The rooms are ok with a good bed but there are a few things missing on the bathroom that are very comum to find on 5 star hotels in Shanghai.
Also the location is ok if You are to go to the fair just in front and the subway line 7 which ends right in front of the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

Dear CarlosBF

Thank you for taking the time to write us concerning your recent stay with us here at Jumeirah Himalayas Shanghai.

I did note your comment concerning the amenities in the bathroom and have shared this with our housekeeping director. We are always happy to go the extra mile to improve our guest comfort and experience and hope upon your return to Jumeirah Himalayas hotel that you will let us demonstrate the same. In the meantime could I trouble you in asking what you feel should be added to our room wellbeing and to our bathroom set up so that we proactively look into it.

Thank you once again and I look forward to welcoming you back at Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel Shanghai, hopefully in the very near future.

Sincerely

Reviewed 30 October 2013

The check in/out starts with a very warm welcome, quick and without any complains.
The Hotel staff is overall very friendly and competent
The Hotel Lobby is incredible with a great light performance show.
The rooms are outstanding with flat screen TV, King-size bed and a wonderful bathroom.
The breakfast buffet was also fantastic and very delicious.
A perfect gym with top equipment made the Hotel stay unforgettable. In addition the Hotel is direct located near the subway which makes it much more easier to discover Shanghai.
If I come back to Shanghai this Hotel will be my first choice !!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Malagan0,

Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor, following your recent stay at Jumeirah Himalayas Shanghai. I am very pleased to see that you were so happy with your stay in the hotel. Thank you for acknowledging so many positive elements of your stay , especially the hotel facilities and the hospitality of our colleagues. In the end it comes down to personal service and heartfelt care for our guests which really makes the difference and for which everyone gives great focus here at Jumeirah Himalayas Shanghai. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Jumeirah Himalayas Shanghai, hopefully in the very near future.

Reviewed 18 October 2013

I had the opportunity to stay at the Jumeirah Himalayas recently on a business trip to Shanghai. I stayed at a couple of different hotels in the past, and the Jumeirah Himalayas was recommended to me by a colleague. I will try and book the Jumeirah Himalayas for any of my future trips.

I can say that the Jumeirah Himalayas staff was by far the best I have encountered on any of my trips to China. The front desk and greeters remembered my name whenever I returned to the hotel, and answered any questions I had about the area, like how to get to Century Park or getting me a taxi and explaining to the driver where I wanted to go. Even after leaving the hotel for a few days for travel within the country, upon returning to the Jumeirah Himalayas the front desk attendant remembered me.

The rooms I had were very spacious and clean, and the internet and wifi were both fast when I needed to use them for work. Additionally, I was never sure whether I had a neighbor or not in the adjacent room(s) as the rooms I had were very quiet at all times of the day.

The gym looked top notch. I only used the pool and the treadmills while I was there, but it was nice that the gym was open at all hours, at your own risk when it is in the middle of the night, as I find taking a run when I arrive helps me to adjust to the time difference quicker. All of the exercise equipment looked new and in great condition.

I found that Jumeirah Himalayas had one of the best breakfast buffets during my trip, with made to order omlettes, fresh fruits and a generous mix of Western and traditional foods. I never eat this well for breakfast while at home, and I was never hungry before lunch.

I really liked the location of the hotel, with a large mall across the street was easy to find something to eat or just wander around. Century Park is only a short 5 minute walk away, and if you want to go somewhere else there is a subway entrance just outside the lobby.

There was some construction on the outside fascades and the mall beneth the hotel, so I look forward to seeing the end result when I visit again. Overall, the Jumeirah Himalayas is now my favorite hotel in Shanghai.

Room Tip: The gym is on the 7th floor, both of the rooms I had faced outside
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Alice M, Manager at Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2013

Dear Mr Jason W

So glad to have read that you enjoyed your recent trip with us here at Jumeirah Himalayas Shanghai. Allow me to thank you for both your time and for this in depth review of our property. It is truly encouraging to know that our efforts to bring about constant improvements in our services and facilities creates a positive experience for our guests.

We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope that I will be able to meet you in person next time you visit Jumeirah Himalayas Shanghai.