“Great Hotel”

Ranked #16 of 5,032 Hotels in Shanghai
Izmir, Izmir, Turkey
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed 6 March 2014

I and my husband went there for a business trip. The location was very convenient. The exhibiton centre was just five minutes away from the hotel. Our room was upgraded to a wonderful suite.It was really amazing. The bed was very comfortable. Small details were also perfect,like iron, coffee machine..etc. The bathroom was impressive. The breakfast was good. You can have all sorts of fruits. I found lobby decoration a little dark. The staff were kind and helpful. If you want to see touristic places, do not forget to take from the reception, adresses translated into Chinese for taxis.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Buket P
JHS_Pudong, EAM at Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel Shanghai, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
So glad to have read that you enjoyed your recent trip with us here at Jumeirah Himalayas Shanghai . Allow me to thank you for both your time and for this in depth review of our property. It is truly encouraging to know that our efforts to bring about constant improvements in our services and facilities creates a positive experience for our guests. I will be sure to pass on your comments to the team, they will be very appreciative. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope that I will be able to meet you in person next time you visit Jumeirah Himalayas Shanghai.

EAM Operations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

I spent five days at the hotel. I was upgraded to a wonderful suite. I found the service great. The staff speaks very good English. The room service was always fast. The gym is great and the sauna fantastic. I really enjoyed the hotel. Unfortunately it is in Pudong so if you have to go in the other side of Shanghai then it is a little far away.
Great great service

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Paoloc0211
Thank You for your post and for your high recommendation. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your overall stay with us. I will be sure to pass on your comments the team , they will be very appreciative. The colleagues are doing all they can to extend themselves in any way to ensure that each guest has a personalized and enjoyable stay with us. In regards to your comment about the Pudong area, although it is indeed 20min away from the other side of Shanghai, the Pudong area also has its advantages amongst others an amazing parks and some great shopping area. The hotel is as well perfectly located next to the metro line which makes it extremely convenient to explore Shanghai. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Jumeirah Himalayas in the very near future.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 3 March 2014

In February, my wife and I booked into Jumeirah Himalayas, Shanghai for the night while visiting Shanghai. It took the taxi a while to find the location but upon arrival the hotel is stunning.
The lobby is amazing with an LED ceiling, traditional layout and warm welcome. As my wife is Chinese, the reception only spoke to her and didn't address me at all. While being taken to the roof the guests service agent only spoke Chinese until I asked her to talk in English.
The room was amazing, a junior suit, stunning ensuite and beautiful views. We didn't spend much time in the Hotel as we were visiting friends.
This is a sunning hotel and should be visited while in Shanghai.
Make sure you go to breakfast before 10:30am as they close 10:30 sharp and are not flexible at all. I arrived at 10:32 and was refused breakfast which was included in the room stay.
Besides these little misfortunes, the hotel its self is classic.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cogs3
Thank you for your recent comments on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel, Shanghai. I am sorry to hear that your otherwise nice stay with us was spoiled by the breakfast experience in Art Café All Day Dining restaurant. I would like to personally apologize for the shortfall in service which you experienced. I can guarantee that your comments have been shared with the team so that we show flexibility with our operation timings and monitor our service quality so that all our guests have a memorable experience. I am also sorry to read about our guest service agent only speaking Chinese. Having all our front of house colleagues speaking English confidently is a real focus for the hotel and I will reinforce the same to the team. I do hope that you will return to Shanghai and when doing so consider staying with us at Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel so that we may show our commitment to outstanding customer service.

Beijing, China
Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

I stay in jumeirah in February it was nice the stuff are extremely competent the location. Is fare from the city center but i knew it befor i go there, i was realy looking forward for my first time in this propriety name and after have see the picture of the room and their propriety arround the world i was expecting to be impress in term of design etc,,, but to be honnest the room is sad with no decoration no special feeling decent size nice bathroom but for this price i was desapointed, we have the Buffet lunch what was expensif and very limited choose of food if you looking for something special go to langham instead !!!

Stayed February 2014
JHS_Pudong, EAM at Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel Shanghai, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share with us your recent experience at Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel Shanghai. We are pleased that you were satisfied with the courtesy of the team. I will be sure to pass on your comments to them, they will be very appreciative. Of course, it disappointing to read that we have not impressed you with the hotel services and facilities as it was not up to your liking and we therefore fell short of our guest expectations. However, had you made us aware of your disappointment upon checking into the hotel I can assure you we would have done everything possible to find you a room more suitable to your expectations. Thank you again for your feedback and if you would consider returning I would be happy to personally ensure we give you a grand tour of the hotel and show you all the great facilities we have to offer.

Shanghai, China
Reviewed 21 February 2014

I have never been happier with a hotel. I have not had this type of service anywhere in the world. The room is spacious, comfortable and relaxing. I have expeirenced every restaurant on property and have enjoyed every bite. It is rare in the world we travel in that a hotel takes the time to know your name, ask how you are and if there is anything they can do to make your stay better(everyday). I would like to thank the Jumeirah staff for making my days better while I am at their hotel. I would not stay anywhere else in Shanghai.....

Rich

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Rich R
Reviewed 7 February 2014 via mobile

Very nice hotel the spacious room all amenities and very friendly service good selection of food around the hotel and in the hotel.
Try the steakhouse at the first floor good steak nicely done and great selection of wine.
Metro station nearby and magev train.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Nicola C
JHS_Pudong, EAM at Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel Shanghai, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Dear Nicola C,

Thank you for your recent stay at Jumeirah Himalayas Shanghai. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed our Grill Room Restaurant and its wine selection and thank you for your compliments on our products as well as our services. We look forward to welcome you back in the near future

Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed 6 February 2014

I was upgraded to a suite and the room was very spacious and comfortable. The staff was very eager to help and very friendly. The location is very convenient. The metro is just steps away from the hotel. It is connected if you use the door below the Café restaurant.
There are times though that concierge could barely understand English. Breakfast was good but there were limited choices... but the banana cake slice and croissant were great IMHO.

This was my second time in Shanghai, first time I stayed in Ritz Carlton then JC Mandarin in Shanghai Puxi. All in all, my stay here in Jumeirah was almost at par with my stay in the Ritz and way better that my stay in JC Mandarin.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Chryssy_Lynn
Dear Chryssy_Lynn,

Thank you very much for your recommendation on Trip Advisor, following your recent stay at Jumeirah Himalayas Shanghai. I was very pleased to read that our team went out of their way to ensure you had a great stay with us. I did note your comment concerning the English language, I can ensure you that it is an ongoing focus to give more extensive training to our colleagues so they be more comfortable when communicating in English. In terms of our Breakfast selection we work on cycles and as well we will be enhancing our offer and services in the weeks to come. I certainly look forward to welcoming you back, hopefully in the near future so you may experience our improved services and food diversity.