“Classic fair hotel”

Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel Shanghai
Ranked #15 of 5,112 Hotels in Shanghai
Reviewed 8 August 2014

This hotel is located on the side of Pudong exhibition centre. The first impression in very good, The rooms, especially the small suites are really outstanding. Super and clever design, very clean and good furniture. The value for money is very good.
The lobby and especially the lobby bar is poor. The service in this area has enough space to improve. The front office staff need to be trained especially when groups arrive or depart. The must important tool during the work is the mobile phone.
For fairs and exhibitions I will go and recommend this hotel. For private stay or sightseeing it is only second choice.

Room Tip: Take a room to the opposite of the exhibition centre.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank lackahderfla
JHS_Pudong, Hotel Manager at Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2014

Dear Lackahderfla

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor. I was delighted to read that you were pleased with the facilities at Jumeirah Himalayas Shanghai. I have noted your comments in regards to our service both in the Lobby lounge and Front Office. Rest assured that your feedback has been taken onboard fully and already been discussed with the team. As a company we greatly value the feedback we receive from our guests as we constantly strive to maintain a consistently high standard of service. Thank you once again for your kind words. I certainly look forward to welcoming you back at Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel Shanghai, hopefully in the very near future.

There are newer reviews for Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel Shanghai

Reviewed 29 July 2014

It was an excellently managed hotel, and in an ideal location, next to the Expo in Pudong. The Concierges were absolutely excellent and most helpful. It is however not in Central Shanghai, so not so good for tourists, but for business visitors visiting the Expo, it as marvellous.

I would definitely return to the Hotel!

Room Tip: Ask for a Room near the elevators, as the ones in the opposite corner are somewhat far and it is qui...
2  Thank VINOD110
JHS_Pudong, Hotel Manager at Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2014

Dear VINOD110
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor. I was delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that you were pleased with the service as well as the facilities at Jumeirah Himalayas Shanghai. I have shared your comments with the team, especially concierge colleagues and they are equally happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us and appreciate your praise. Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. We look forward to welcoming you back on your return to Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel, Shanghai.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

I was greeted at the airport by Harry from the hotel. Such a nice guy. Loved the hotel from the moment I arrived after a long flight from Chicago. Once I arrived I was greeted by Taylor as soon as I got out of the private car. Check in was in my room. The view was beautiful I especially loved the button near my bed to open the shade. Everyone at the hotel was courteous and helpful. Best hotel I have stayed in Shanghai so far! So relaxing to walk back to the hotel after a long day at the expo across the street.

Room Tip: The Korean BBQ across was inexpensive and fantastic.
1  Thank burke56

Dear Burke56,
I am delighted to read your comments and on behalf of the team, I would like to sincerely thank you for acknowledging so many positive elements experienced throughout your stay; from the service and facilities that we provided at the hotel to your feedback in regards to the team. They certainly play a significant role throughout in ensuring that your stay is memorable and I will definitely share your feedback with Harry and Taylor, they are equally delighted to learn that you remember and appreciated all their efforts. Your feedback is always very important as it helps us to continue evaluate and improve our services and product range. Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. We look forward to welcoming you back on your return to Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel, Shanghai.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

After a month of travel I am beck to my home country. I was in Shanghai for business purpose a beautiful city. I stayed in Jumeirah a unique hotel. Hotel was busy because of exhibition and world cup, but everything organized. Beautiful lobby with such antique items. The room was beautiful, clean, and very functional. This is top quality. Everyday housekeeping girl cleaning my room with a smile on their face that really makes a good day. I often tried to eat out to discover Chinese cuisines. The gym is great and the sauna fantastic. I really enjoyed the hotel. The lobby is amazing with an LED ceiling. Well in the evening I used to come back to hotel to have some drinks and back to room. I met Paul a brit guy. First day he served me and he is so friendly to check my satisfaction, I am so pleased that next couple of days when I went atomically my drinks is in front of me of my choice because he remembered each drink that I like. It really make you to think that AM I so important guest. All the staffs are very friendly my each moment is valued in the hotel. I really want to come back and next time I will come with some of my friends from UK to experience the hospitality. Thanks Jumeirah.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank chris H

Dear Chris H,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel, Shanghai. Our “Stay Different” promise is to create luxury environments where our guests can enjoy unique and memorable experiences and I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were happy with the services provided by our colleagues. Paul our management trainee is indeed one of our stars. His attention to our guests’ needs is an innate part of the way Paul performs his duties, and we fully recognize his value to the hotel. I will be sure to pass on your comments to Paul, he will be very appreciative. Once again, sincere thanks for recommending Jumeirah Himalayas to your friends, we certainly look forward to the opportunity to serve you again, hopefully in the very near future.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

I'm here for a trade show. The hotel is superb with people extremely kind and helpful. the location is not in the core of the city but it's literally in front of the exposition center. so perfect location for the fair

1  Thank Pippo P
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I stayed in this hotel for quite a few times. I love this hotel and one of the best city hotel I've been to.

I stayed in a de luxe room. The bed and pillows are very comfortable. I love the fact that the window blinds is electronic. Just a button away and you can close your window blinds!
The room decor is fantastic. I love the asian-modern decor of the room and the whole hotel itself.

Bathroom is the best! Rain shower head, reminds me of when I was a kid playing in the rain!

There is a Chinese restaurant in the hotel and the food is delicious! Even room service menu has good selection and tasty too!

Gym is amazing and big.

Usually I don't really stay in my hotel room, I'd rather eat outside or explore the city. But in this hotel, I'm always happy to just stay in my room comfortably or just order room service while watching the tv. (lots of english channels like nat geo, lifestyle network, history channel, discovery channel and much much more)

Free wifi and internet is fast. Staff are courteous.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank asb_9theTraveller
JHS_Pudong, Hotel Manager at Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear asb_9theTraveller

Thank you for taking the time to share your review following your recent stay at Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel, Shanghai. First of all I would like to thank you for your continued patronage Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel, Shanghai and I am delighted to read that every aspect of your experience was excellent. I am pleased to read you were so satisfied with the quality of the food and service provided in our Shanghai restaurant and room service menu. Our constant effort at Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel is to create a relaxing environment and offer efficient, warm, friendly and unobtrusive service to all our guests and I am happy to hear that you were overall happy with the services provided by our colleagues. I certainly look forward to welcoming you back at Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel Shanghai, hopefully in the very near future.

Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

A stunning hotel that pays attention to the small details. Room and bathroom are huge and very clean.
Great location with lots of small shops and massage spas opposite the hotel.
The metro is right outside of the hotel entrance.

Also, look up in the hotel lobby to see a nice little surprise.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank sabwills
JHS_Pudong, EAM at Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

Dear Sabwills,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review following your recent stay at Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel, Shanghai and for acknowledging so many positive elements about the hotel from the hotel facility to the design of the lobby and the location of the hotel. I have shared you comments with the team and they are equally happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us. Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. We look forward to welcoming you back on your return to Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel, Shanghai.

EAM Operations