“Luxurious stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 4,968 Hotels in Shanghai
Singapore,
“Luxurious stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

Had booked 2 rooms for 1 night in the River view room.

Overall, a great stay. Appreciated the quiet sound proof room and the comfortable bedding.
Great location and very convenient

Check out took very long as there was much miscommunication. When we checked in we had expressly asked for the room stays to be charged to our client's card; and we reminded the same receptionist at night. But at the check out the reception told us that there was no such instructions. I suppose I did not expect this given that it is the Ritz Carlton but it was disappointing. Thankfully the receptionist at check - out (Alyssa) was very helpful to rectify the matter.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Shanghai, China
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2014

On a recent stop over in Shanghai I opted for the Ritz Pudong, having already done the Portman several times and other competitors I thought a change of scenery was in order.
The service, greet and amenities are everything you expect, room was a little small and room service very slow.

Probably wouldbt be back in a hurry maybe if my usual favorable one is fully booked.

Good location and views nether the less.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
RCPudong, Director of Quality at The Ritz-Carlton Shanghai, Pudong, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post about your experience here on Trip Advisor. While I am disappointed your experience fell short of expectations, I am thankful that you have shared the feedback with us as our team reviews all guest feedback in an effort to improve the guest experience. Please accept my sincere apology for the delays with Room Service, and for the inconveniences you experienced. I have addressed your concerns and can assure you of our focus to providing attentive service in all areas of our business.

I hope we get a chance to make amends and appreciate the opportunity to welcome you back.

Warmest Regards

Chris Qian
Director of Quality
chris.qian@ritzcarlton.com
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2014

"Opulence" pretty much sums it up. Everything from the bed to the bathtub, the linens to the bathroom amenities, and everything in between, was lavish. And, of course, service was quintessential Ritz. We had our baby in tow and staff fell over themselves to assist us and please him. Would return again and again.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank saywhatsreal
Shanghai, China
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014

I stayed at this hotel on 31st Dec 2013 and checked out on 1st Jan. I chose this hotel because of the review and convenient for the countdown party in bund (Pudong side). The room has a unique design but not good enough for me. The good things about the room is just the view. The amenities like soap, body lotion and etc. is made in China while I expected a well known global brand. I am not saying Chinese product is bad but It just only my below expectation.
I paid for more than US$600/night/the cheapest room and I could say it's not value for money.

The service
I asked the concierge help me to call a cab at 01:00 AM because I want to see the crowd in Puxi side but the concierge cannot help me and they just keep busy with the other things and did not care with the customer. Finally I back to my room and just see puxi crowd from my room.

The breakfast
Just OK, nothing extra ordinary

Overall: the good thing only view and new. I may recommend other hotel which cheaper and better.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Taufit
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2014

I always stay at Ritz Pudong when I go to Shanghai for business trips, for the following reasons

1) the rooms are well designed - bright, modern, great bathroom with a nice tub, and most of them have a good view.

2) the location is convenient - it is attached to the IFC mall of Shanghai, where there are numerous nice restaurant selections, coffee houses, and a CitySuper supermarket that's open till 10pm. It is also easy to call a taxi most hours of the day due to good amount of traffic of people coming and going to the mall/office building next door, and hotel guests enjoy a priority taxi queue.

3) the hotel staff are well trained and attentive, which is not always expected in 5 star hotels in Shanghai, never had an issue with service of the hotel. In my view, the service level is superior to the adjacent 5 -star hotels (there are quite a few in the block) from my experience.

4) high-standard facilities - fast wifi, a state-of-the-art spa, big pool and a unique hot water massage pool with a view that overlooks the city, I like the fact that the swimming pool and the gym are both very bright with floor-to-ceiling window that overlooks the huangpu river.

Room Tip: All rooms are very nice as I have been there numerous times and never had a bad room, but pick one w...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Vale, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014

This hotel is the epitome of what the Ritz Carlton brand stands for!!!!! The rooms are very luxurious, the bath was over the top!!!! And the Staff? AMAZING!!!!! We stayed in 3 different Ritz Carlton Hotels during our trip in China and this was our favorite!!!!!

Room Tip: Club Level!!!!!!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MishelleSerendipity
luxembourg
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014

A great location for business in the IFC. A top class hotel at a reasonable price for the rooms. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The rooms are a good size and very nicely furnished. Great views over the river and the bund. The modern bar in the rooftop with an outside terrace is spectacular and very popular, though it's not entirely obvious how to get there as the separate lift you need to take is tucked away down a corridor off the lobby and it's quite dark. The bar at the lobby level (52nd floor) is more classic, very comfortable and also has great views. Both serve food, so I didn't try the restaurants, but the price for the drinks is high. You get to the lobby on the 52nd floor by express lifts from the ground floor entrance. You get to the rooms by taking another set of dedicated lifts which travel down a few floors from the 52nd floor lobby. So there are 3 sets of lifts, that I found, and it's quite unusual to go down to the rooms - I saw a number of people getting confused. I suspect the rooms will need renovating sooner than you might think as I found some of furniture, while very stylish, is not as well made as it might be.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business