“Enjoyable experience”

JW Marriott Hotel Shanghai Changfeng Park
Ranked #22 of 5,159 Hotels in Shanghai
Reviewed 23 August 2014

I stayed there for 2 nights while at a conference. In addition to the room, I booked the car service from the airport to the hotel - which wasn't cheap. Upon my tired arrival, it turned out that there was no car waiting for me. It's not like it hasn't happened before to me - but I was disappointed. I was quickly taken care by an English-speaking airport person who contacted the hotel and found a representative from Marriott. After some wait, I ended up sharing a van with three other guests going to Changfeng Park Marriott. What I really appreciated though is that the hotel staff was very apologetic, and not only gave me discount on both rides - so that I really paid just for one - but the hotel rep with whom I corresponded for the reservation called me to personally apologize, which I greatly appreciated. Other than that, my stay was very comfortable. I had a lovely room with the view of the park; the bed was very comfortable; the shower was fabulous, and so was the whole bathroom - it also had a big window; there was a fridge. Breakfast - included in the price I paid - was very generous. As I was there at the beginning of July 2014, the hotel decor included a big golden replica of the World Cup trophy and a life-size cardboard cut-out of Leo Messi... Lobby monitors projected the time of the scheduled games.
I also received some good advice for my few hours of sightseeing. However, don't be fooled thinking that the hotel is close to the metro - it looks like it is, but it's actually a long and boring walk. One evening I had a room service for dinner - and it was not bad, but nothing special, and the wait was pretty long.
Overall, however, I had a very pleasant stay - I would definitely stay there again. It is not exactly close to anything except the conference centre, but taxi to the downtown area was very cheap; and metro even cheaper. The mall nearby is very convenient.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank mzj101
MarriottCFPark, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Shanghai Changfeng Park, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Dear mzj101,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. It is especially appreciated understanding the premium we all place on our personal time. I’m pleased our room and location gave you the enjoyable experience. I have shared your comments concerning the traffic with the related department that we will definitely look into the problems and improve our services. Whilst always difficult to hear I am pleased that you commented on your experience. It is only through customer feedback, both positive and negative that we can further improve our services.

Once again thank you for your valuable comments which will assist us to continue to meet and exceed our guest expectations. We look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

This hotel is near from downtown city, there is a river beside the hotel ,faced chengfeng park ,so beautiful area ,high quantity service ,delicious food ,and good sleeping experience,pretty girls thank you !

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear jianxun m,

Thank you for your positive comments concerning the hotel location, facilities, food and service and I appreciate you taking some of your precious time to communicate your experience. I will ensure to share your positive comments with our team.

Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

Spent 4 nights, gold card holder so got to use their lounge.

Room was excellent, good size and everything worked as advertised.

Lounge is really large, multi roomed and the food/ cocktail service was better than most I visit. Really friendly helpful staff. Sometimes lacked a little on the English front but made up for it with smiles and enthusiasm.

Real handy for Hongqiao airport but of u were a tourist might be a bit far out of things. Nearest metro station is a good 15 minute walk.

Definitely stay again if on business

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Dear Mark R,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience and positive comments with us. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and our associates gave you helpful and friendly impression. I will ensure to share your positive comments with our team.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Staff service was great and the room was excellent.
Looking forward to be back!
Nice view face to the changfeng park. Shopping mall close to the hotel with a Tesco supermarket, convenient stores and several choices of restaurants. Highly recommended!!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Dear Sandra L,

Thank you for your positive comments concerning the hotel facilities, service and location and I appreciate you taking some of your precious time to communicate your experience.

Your valuable comments will assist us to continue to meet and exceed our guest expectations. We look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

2 nights in the Marriott Hotel is just not enough in a big bustling city like shanghai. You get what you pay for, the luxury experience is just priceless. Hospitality 1st class all the way. Expect nothing less. Friendly and attentive staffs attend to your every need. I would recommend this hotel, as long as you could afford to splurge, this is it.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
MarriottCFPark, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Shanghai Changfeng Park, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear Prem35,

Thank you for your positive comments concerning your recent stay at our hotel. The business world continually pulls us in all directions and I appreciate you taking some of your precious time to communicate your experience.

I am pleased that our associates and the hotel gave you friendly and attentive impression and that you enjoyed. I will ensure to share your positive comments with our team.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Stayed for 4 nights. This is a very nice hotel but at an incredible attractive rate for such a 5-star hotel in Shanghai. Staffs are friendly and professional. Room is clean and large, Wifi is free with good signal even in hotel room. Wide spread of breakfast choice, close proximity to Bosch Shanghai office. Large shopping mall and even a cinema hall is right beside the hotel. Many good restaurants within walking reach from the hotel.

What is great is that Marriott even provide hotel shuttle bus to fetch guests to/from hotel to Bosch Shanghai office, which is extremely convenient for us. Thank you Marriott.

Definitely will return and high recommend for Robert Bosch associates when visiting Shanghai.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room for larger living space.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank AP_traveller1031

Dear AP_traveller1031,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your thoughts on your recent stay. The business world continually pulls us in all directions and I appreciate you taking some of your “premium personal time” to communicate your experience.

Thank you for your positive comments and recommendation concerning the hotel location, service, facilities, dining experience and our associates. I am pleased that our associates and the hotel gave you the nice impression and that you enjoyed the great atmosphere as well as the next door easy shopping experience.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

Enjoyed my stay of 3 nights there very much. Clean and luxurous hotel with nice view in Shanghai. Very friendly and attentative personel. One of the best breakfast buffets I've ever had on my many business trips. A little far from the touristic attractions, which is not a problem when beeing there for business reasons. Big supermarket (Tesco, has everything from clothes, household appliances, ... to food - good for buying small presents to bring home) in the mall right next to the hotel (1min walk). Hotel lobby bar a little expensive (paid 69 CNY = 8.30 EUR for a regular coffee).
Next time in Shanghai, I'll book the same hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Dear Lorenz H,

Thank you for your positive comments concerning the hotel service, facilities and our associates. The business world continually pulls us in all directions and I appreciate you taking some of your precious time to communicate your experience.

I am pleased that our associates and the hotel gave you the friendly and attentive impression and that you enjoyed your 3 nights stay here. I will ensure to share your positive comments with our team. The hotel also offers seven restaurants and bars featuring international cuisine and local favorites, if you want a quick coffee, you may try our freshly brewed coffee from Java+ located on the 1st floor.