“a very comfortbale appartment near subway and shoppingmal”

Lanson Place Jin Qiao Serviced Residences
Ranked #11 of 348 Speciality Lodging in Shanghai
Reviewed 25 July 2012

This residence is in the new district area pudong near subway line 6 and a shopping mall. The English speaking staff is very helpfull. The appartment we had was very large with a nice view. Nearby we could enjoy a perfect English massage (ask the helpdesk). If we have to add a negative aspect of these appratments than it is a relatively poor breakfast. Very good wifi connection and free internet use.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 5 June 2012

True, there's no reason to stay in this area (nothing to see) BUT the apartments and the common areas are really comfortable, modern and kind of luxury that one cannot usually afford unless paying a fortune. The apartments are HUGE and extremely well equipped (two bedrooms, dining area, living room, fully equipped kitchen, 3 flat screens, Dolby system, DVD, i-pod player in bedroom, etc. good quality furniture and very good taste). One feels probably better than at home... Second good point is the metro (please note: Metro Station is not as announced for example in booking.com, the correct one is JINQIAO ROAD, LINE 6! and it is really just a 5-minute walk away (when leaving the metro station cross the main street and walk in direction to the big shopping area - Jinqiao Life Hub, go through the courtyards and once you pass the modern fountain, turn left, cross the street at the back of the mall and you will find the gate to the hotel (this is the shortest way). By underground you’ll get to any site in the centre in a 20-30 min ride. Third good point: I hate shopping centers but the mall just in front of the hotel is really practical if you want to have a dinner after an exhausting day in the city, there are about 20 different restaurants (the sushi one was just great) and a supermarket.
Well, the staff was friendly and trying to help but in general quite clumsy and inexperienced. Even if the atmosphere/decoration of the different areas in the ground floor is great, breakfast is definitely poor for this type of hotel. And unbelievable that there’s no breakfast the weekend or holidays...

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jorge60
Reviewed 2 May 2012

We lived here for a few months before finding our permanent home in Shanghai.
I have nothing bad to say about Lanson Place. After a few weeks, I knew all the staff by name and you get a nice goodbye greeting and warm welcome back every time you go through the door.

The day manager is exceptionally friendly and helpful with impeccable English skills.

The rooms are beautifully decorated and modern. It's a fully serviced appartment so a cleaning lady will come by every day in the week to clean. There are gym facilities and you can enjoy a nice breakfast every morning in the stylish lounges while smooth jazz tunes fill the air.

Lanson also offers regular parties for their guests and they are always well planned with lots of good food and drinks.

The residence is opposite a big shopping mall (Life Hub) where you can find many restaurants, shopping, ten pin bowling and karaoke. Next to the Life Hub is one of the main metro lines of the city. It takes 10 minutes by train to reach the financial city centre of Shanghai and 20 minutes to cross the river to Puxi.

There are a variety of spa's, shopping and cultural activities in the area of Lanson. In my opinion it's placed in the heart of Jinqiao with everything you need in walking distance from you.

I go there frequently as I have friends who still live there and every time I'm there I wish I could move back.

Room Tip: Higher rooms are more quiet and you also get a better view.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jirmi
Reviewed 29 April 2012

I never seen this kind of breakfast place. There are little rooms and corner and you can sit cosy armchair and can have breakfast. Flats are very comfortable. Our flat which two room and two bathroom and living room, kitchen, even there was sound system. Beds are very comfortable. Residence is little bit upstate but there is a shoping mall next the residence, you can find restaurans in there. Staffs are very helpful and kind. They can speak english very well according to Chinese standart.

When you go to the residence first time, can be hard to find.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank muhay
Reviewed 6 March 2012

I stayed at this apartment for 1 month with my family and was constantly disappointed from day one. This is the list:
- the minibus that they promised to picked-us up from airport (we were 5 people) was of really bad quality. The inside/interior was very smelly, dirty and was very old.
- we took up 2 units. When we signed the contracts, we were promised many things for free, including 3 air purifiers, water dispensers, baby cot, etc. Only after staying for 3 days, they tried to take some of them back, saying that other units needed them. When I told them that we have signed the contract and it clearly said we got them for free for the whole period of our stay, they insisted that at least we gave up some as other units really needed them. I ended up giving some of the free-stuffs back as I could not stand being hassled every day
- several times, the engineers, using their own keys, just came to our room without knocking. We could not put the safety lock on the doors as we used 2 different units without inside connecting door. One time, when I came out of the bathroom, suddenly I found 2 male engineers inside my bedroom with their drills and about to take out my wardrobe. It turned out there was a mistake as it was different unit that was complaining about malfunction wardrobe. I was very angry as they should not come in without us letting them in. I was really concerned about my safety and privacy.
- only after staying for 9 days, we were already being constantly asked if we would like to extend to another month. However, they said that if we do, we would have to pay higher rent, even when it was clearly mentioned in the contract that we could keep the same units at the same price if we extend. When we confronted them with the signed contract, they mentioned different things to not honoring the contract, such as they now have different pricing policy, it was the mistake of the marketing agent, etc.
- front desk called us several times at night (10 PM, 11 PM) just to remind us that the next day they had 'happy hour'. Our 8-month old baby woke up every time they called. After complaining with no result, I ended-up having to disconnect the phone every night.
- they provide free breakfast, but it was really not a breakfast. They only had cereals and donuts, that's it. Nothing else.
- it was always frustrating to speak English with the front desk
- housekeeping almost always did a bad job in cleaning. I always needed to clean the glasses and plates myself again

We ended-up not extend the stay there and moved to nearby Frasers Suite Top Glory for our second-month at Shanghai and we had totally different experience there. Was really a great decision to move.

If you stay with family for at least a month, AVOID THIS PLACE and you will thank me.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank joanna07
Reviewed 2 March 2012

I usually stay at this hotel when I go to China on business and need to fly in and out of Shanghai to go to other places in China. The hotel has a very good price/quality ratio. It's not exactly near the airport but not a bad commute from there either (Maglev train station is a short taxi ride away). However, couple of times taxi drivers had a hard time finding it even when I showed them the location on the map. It's also very close to a subway station and a very nice mall with a grocery store is right across the street.

The apartments look new and are very clean, TV in each room, kitchen with everything you need to cook your own food if you want to. Staff is very polite, but don't speak too much English, which is ok as I rarely need to talk to them :) Breakfast is very basic, so you'd be better off eating out or making your own breakfast. I would recommend this hotel and will definitely stay there next time I'm in Shanghai.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank nagafuki
Reviewed 22 November 2011

My girlfriend and i went to Shanghai for 2 months because of business reasons. The first 2 weeks we stayed at the Parkyard Hotel in the Pudong side of Shanghai. A very good place to stay, value for money.

Because we will stay another 2 months in Shanghai we wanted to have our own place. The employer advised us on some apartments, both in Puxi and Pudong. I went to 9 different places to visit them. And i have to say the Lanson Place is the best of them. And it was the only place where the pictures on the website truly match the reality!

We have a 1 bedroom apartment with our own fully equipped kitchen, bathroom and living room. Including cleaning 5 times a week (not in weekends), entrance to a health club outside the Lanson Place (Lanson has its own gym with good equipment but unfortunately no swimming pool or sauna, the health club has) and utilities.
And the best thing is: we get service here.
1. For instance, my girlfriend got sick, she had a cold and was coughing. The manager came to bring us lemon and honey tea and coke and ginger tea!
2. My girlfriend had her birthday and she received a nice cake and flowers.
3. There is a shuttle bus that takes you some business districts in Pudong, my girlfriend gets dropped off close to her office. The shuttle bus also brings you to the Carrefour supermarket.
4. The staff organizes a happy hour every once a while. That way you get to know people here and make new friends.
5. You can call the reception at any time in case you have communications problem, they will translate it for you.
6. They help you with any requests: whether it is regarding booking a train ticket, which spa to go to, which places to visit… name it.
7. we had al lot of mosquitoes here, mainly we sleep with the windows open as we are used to. We don’t like to sleep with the aircon. Thus they arranged a big, romantic mosquito net.
8. Breakfast in the morning.

I thin you get value for money. It becomes not only a place to stay, but also a little bit of a home far away from your own home.

If you need more information, please contact Eric Chan, the new front office manager. With his perfect English and several years of hotel experience he upgrades the level of services and professionalism even more.

Room Tip: Building A and B are further away from the main road and thus a little more quit.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business