“Great Staff- Really comfortable apartments”

Lanson Place Jin Qiao Serviced Residences
Ranked #13 of 318 Speciality Lodging in Shanghai
Bentonville, Arkansas
“Great Staff- Really comfortable apartments”
Reviewed 14 December 2013

Just finished up a 5 month stay!.Manager Jimmy Cho and his team do a great job with the staff. Everyone is friendly going out of there way to say hello. Front desk very helpful in dealing with drivers, taxi cabs and in taking deliveries ( my favorite Bagels from Spread the Bagel). The bed in my 2 bedroom unit was the most comfortable mattress I have ever experienced!Great location , Life Hub center next store has about 40 restaurants/ coffee shops etc. Subway less than a 5 minute walk. Very close to other retail that caters to ex-pat community . I would stay there in a heartbeat if I went back to SH!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Christchurch, Canterbury, New Zealand
Reviewed 7 October 2013 via mobile

We booked 2 apartments for our family.... They were fantastic in every way. Clean, roomy, beautiful furnishings. Very luxurious. A wonderful peaceful environment after the craziness of the city. Subway nearby... Just 5 mins walk but taxis very well priced . (Those on a meter) got conned on way there but learned quickly. Some taxis had difficulty locating it so best to have little map copied with nearest crossroads on. Grounds of the facility were beautiful and plenty of trees and gardens. Just 2 mins to a mall with plenty of eateries but we used home delivery services recommended by hotel which were great value and easy to order online.
All staff were lovely and helpful with good English, they ordered cabs for us. Breakfast not served at weekends but was lovely on weekdays. Coffee and newspapers available all day too.
Free shuttle to large supermarket but we used local shops which were fine. Would love to stay again.

• Stayed September 2013
San Francisco
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Wonderful service apartment, The moment I check in, they had upgrade me to a 2 bedrooms apartment. The apartment is luxury with very nice Kitchen. The apartment personnel is very nice. Specially the Older gentlemen , the Bell person does not speak much English, but he is very smart and understand all my need. Also , location is next to a shopping more. I have a very nice ten day stay, I will come back again next year. Overall , If I can, I will give a Excellent Plus.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 22 July 2013

I stayed with my wife 2 months at Lanson Place Jinqiao and we were treated like family. Very good English speaking staff and Management. Besides very well maintained facilities and my apartment, Lanson Place also offers "friends gathering" style get togethers. Great place!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Thank Uwe and Yee Pi... D
Shanghai, China
Reviewed 19 July 2013

Little did I expect this would become home for two years when I moved here with my family in 2011. While most residents at Lanson Place Jinqiao stay for weeks to months, there is a sizable group truly stay "long term." And for good reason. Having initially visited over a dozen apartments across Pudong, Lanson Place stood out from the rest. The apartments themselves are very pleasant and well furnished. Just as importantly the staff was always responsive and friendly--from housekeeping to front desk, maintenance and security personnel. Management often went out of their way to ensure our stay was memorable, both organizing monthly events for all and remembering birthdays. Perhaps the only downside of staying here was that the complimentary breakfast became a bit too familiar, yet nice to have in a pinch. For short-term residents I'm sure it was a real bonus.
Essential groceries were available right next door at the Life Hub plaza, and a full complement of western groceries were within reach at the Carrefour and Pines grocery stores on Biyun road (via Lanson's convenient shuttle bus, though traffic picked up somewhat over time). Life Hub also had a large selection of Asian (Hong Kong, Taiwanese, Thai, Korean, etc) and a few Western restaurants (Wagas, Papa John's) as well as couple fast food options. In the end we moved for schooling but we still miss that home. It was absolutely the right choice for us and we are sad to be saying goodbye.
N.B. Kids enjoyed biking around the complex. There was no pool at Lanson Place Jinqiao, though one was available at there Xintiandi location.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Tim F
Reviewed 20 March 2013

I stayed one month in Lanson place Jinqiao. I felf comfortable, safe and happy there. The service was very nice, people were very helpuful and kind. Near the residence, big mall and public transportation are located so very convenient. I could go downtown via subway line 6.

• Stayed February 2013
Atlanta
Reviewed 16 October 2012 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for three weeks in October. I should say first what my expectations were. I wanted a safe, clean, comfortable place that would enable us to enjoy our time in Shanghai. I didn't expect the cleaning staff to clean our dishes or for the hotel to provide water dispensers or air filters. In short, I did not expect 5 star accomodation at 1/3 the price or less. If you are reasonable, the hotel has much to recommend it. Next door to a great Western-style shopping area with a supermarket, Costa Coffee, Coffee Bean, Coldstone, multiple restaurants, pharmacy, etc. For a Westerner in China, this is fantastic. The metro is a five minute walk or less. The apartments are very nicely fitted, which makes sense as the building is actually part of a newish high scale development. The other buildings in the gated community are actual apartment/condos. The grounds are very lovely, with fountains and a ring road great for running. The hotel has a decent gym, with free weights up to 20kg, some cardio equipment, and a couple cybex type machines. The staff try very hard to be helpful, and their English is more than functional. The breakfasts are not Fairmont quality, but then one isn't paying Fairmont rates. Breakfast is my most important meal, and the breakfasts (pastries, toast, fruit, yogurt, coffee/tea, hardboiled eggs, jam, juice) are more than sufficient. True they do not serve on weekends, but there is a great bakery in the shopping area for just such occasions. Apartments have a nice audio/visual setup, a good compliment of TV channels (although be warned my wife and I don't own a TV and didn't really watch it here, so our expectations are low...did you come to see China or couch surf?), and DVDs are available on the ground floor for check-out. Internet is free, but can be slow at times. More than adequate for email/web browsing, but not great for streaming video. The only real problem with the Residence is that, because it is part of a gated community, it is tough to find the first time. I would suggest calling ahead and get the staff to talk you through getting there, or maybe provide a map over email. I've traveled all over the world, and stayed in great as well as horrible places. I would say the Jin Qiao Residence is certainly in the top 10 percent, and recommend it without reservation.

Stayed October 2012, travelled on business