“Perfect for us - family with infant”

Lanson Place Jin Qiao Serviced Residences
Ranked #13 of 318 Speciality Lodging in Shanghai
Hong Kong
“Perfect for us - family with infant”
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

This is the first time we travel as a family with an infant. I am used to staying in hotels but this time there are many considerations. With an infant, space is important and washing machine and a kitchen are also essential.

We found Lanson Place and cannot be happier. We were upgraded to a 2-bedroom apartment and stayed to 2 weeks. The apartment set up is tasteful. Rooms are of good size with decent furnishing. The extra bedroom is useful as we set it up as the baby room. Breakfast is simple and self service. They do not mind me grabbing a few boiled eggs and bread to take upstairs. I thought they would at least say something but they just helped me carry them! The cleaning ladies were very accommodating to our babies sleeping time. The only downside is it is quite far form Puxi as most of our activities are on the other side of the river. Otherwise, I would say this is a very comfortable serviced apartment with a good management. I checked out quite a few serviced apartments in both sides of the river and this is definitely best value for the money.

Stayed March 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
oakland county, mi
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Stayed at Lanson Place for 5 months while on assignment in Shaghai. Turned out to exceed even the wonderful reviews I had read. Many thanks to Eric and the rest of the staff for exceptional service and friendliness. Apartments are spacious, well equipped and very attractive. Close proximity to subway, restaurants and grocery store a huge plus. Many events were organized for residents, as well as shuttle service to Carrefour, Kerry place & Sams Club.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Stockport
Reviewed 6 April 2014

I was visiting Shanghai from Manchester on business. This was my second stay at the Lanson Place Jin Qiao Residences, which I chose because it offers 'affordable elegance' and exceptional value for money.

Whilst not a central location, Pudong isn't ‘the 'sticks’. The hotel is 10 min walk from two metro stations and taxis are cheap and plentiful. BE SURE TO ASK FOR A PRINTED RECEIPT BEFORE PAYING!. If you don’t speak Chinese just imitate the sound of a printer working, the driver will get your meaning.

My apartment (upgraded at 'check in') had two bedrooms, two bathrooms, a dining area, lounge & a well equipped kitchen. It was superb value for a small family/two business people sharing. A good sized supermarket is 100 meters away IT IS ACCESSED VIA A SMALL DOOR FROM THE CAR PARK UNDER THE SHOPPING COMPLEX NEXT DOOR.

A limited buffet breakfast is available, which can be eaten in a network of 'cosy' rooms, ideal for early morning business meetings.

I will certainly be staying at the Lanson Place when I am next in Shanghai.

John Evans, Manchester 6th April 2014.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank mrpink7
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed 13 March 2014

It is a residential apartment with all the facilities of a hotel, amenities, cleaning, reception, gym, breakfast during the week not week-ends which they should change it. The staff is very polite, friendly and helpful above all Eric Chan, Front Office Manager whose English and willingness to help outstands. If I go back to Shanghai I will certainly stay at Lanson Place again. There is a mall a cross the street with all type of facilities, restaurants, Chinese and international and lots of shops. For a 5 star apartment they should improve the breakfast which is limited.

Room Tip: I was in the 7th floor facing the mall and the room was quite with two balconies one facing the gard...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Bentonville, Arkansas
Reviewed 14 December 2013

Just finished up a 5 month stay!.Manager Jimmy Cho and his team do a great job with the staff. Everyone is friendly going out of there way to say hello. Front desk very helpful in dealing with drivers, taxi cabs and in taking deliveries ( my favorite Bagels from Spread the Bagel). The bed in my 2 bedroom unit was the most comfortable mattress I have ever experienced!Great location , Life Hub center next store has about 40 restaurants/ coffee shops etc. Subway less than a 5 minute walk. Very close to other retail that caters to ex-pat community . I would stay there in a heartbeat if I went back to SH!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Christchurch, Canterbury, New Zealand
Reviewed 7 October 2013 via mobile

We booked 2 apartments for our family.... They were fantastic in every way. Clean, roomy, beautiful furnishings. Very luxurious. A wonderful peaceful environment after the craziness of the city. Subway nearby... Just 5 mins walk but taxis very well priced . (Those on a meter) got conned on way there but learned quickly. Some taxis had difficulty locating it so best to have little map copied with nearest crossroads on. Grounds of the facility were beautiful and plenty of trees and gardens. Just 2 mins to a mall with plenty of eateries but we used home delivery services recommended by hotel which were great value and easy to order online.
All staff were lovely and helpful with good English, they ordered cabs for us. Breakfast not served at weekends but was lovely on weekdays. Coffee and newspapers available all day too.
Free shuttle to large supermarket but we used local shops which were fine. Would love to stay again.

• Stayed September 2013
San Francisco
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Wonderful service apartment, The moment I check in, they had upgrade me to a 2 bedrooms apartment. The apartment is luxury with very nice Kitchen. The apartment personnel is very nice. Specially the Older gentlemen , the Bell person does not speak much English, but he is very smart and understand all my need. Also , location is next to a shopping more. I have a very nice ten day stay, I will come back again next year. Overall , If I can, I will give a Excellent Plus.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family