“Be prepared to awaken your senses”

Qipu Road Clothing Wholesale Market
Reviewed 3 October 2013

You can find anything you could possibly need Qipu Road. Be prepared to NEGOTIATE. Bargaining for everything is expected and can be fun at times. I purchased some cool shirts, socks and souvenirs for the family. There is a Subway stop right at Qipo Road so its super easy to get to. There are 3 main shopping "malls". Each floor has a different theme , Ladies, Accessories, Mens etc. As you get to high floors the Booths or Stores get fancier and more expensive. There are people trying to sell you FAKE Watches,Bags, UGGS etc all over the place an many times its tough to get rid of them. I would either pull my phone out like i was on a call or I would yell at them to leave me alone, both of these worked well. Its very crowded so hang on to your wallet/purse. Outside the markets are food vendors selling various grilled food on a stick. There were people lined up to eat, but I did not partake. Because of the popularity of this place you will find people begging for money and you may also see some people in very disturbing conditions..

4  Thank mworldtraveler
There are newer reviews for Qipu Road Clothing Wholesale Market

Reviewed 19 August 2013 via mobile

There are a few malls and we randomly picked one. We didn't buy much except to stock up on socks and boots for winter. I got a pair of good quality snow boots (lined with fur inside) at USD20.

We went to a second mall across the street and it was way scarier. It was way more crowded and there was a half naked man shouting out deals for his store. It was hard to move around so we just left.

Just go for the experience and keep your expectations low.

1  Thank myojo
Reviewed 6 August 2013

It's got lots of clothes, shoes, bags, cosmetics etc but its mainly for the local market which has its positives in the price department. You are offered a few fakes but they are not good. There are two sides but if you want really cheap stuff then this is the place.

4  Thank CK444
Reviewed 1 August 2013

01.If you are a foreigner and enter the building, a guy/hustler start coming behind you and asking what you needed coz they can get commission if he lead you to the shops. Be careful ! Don’t wrangle with them and always smile if you are sure to continue your shopping. Sometimes you don’t buy anything (from his recommended shops) until you are not followed. Maybe they would still follow you all the way. Pls just be calm and remember they don’t care abt wasting the time and just want you to their shops even you won’t buy anything at the end. That’s ok.

02. If you are average or local sizes. You are lucky. You would find something you want. In adult shops can find some great items for cheap and most shops have just one size of that great find. The kids section has a lot more options as far as sizing goes, and you can find some great knock off clothes (or clothes that come directly from the factory).

03. You spend many time on bargain with vendors after they provide you high price (ie: a dress they start off their prices at about 200RMB. finally bargain them down to 50RMB.). It’s quit wasting time and energy. Just give your price to them. If they refuse it you can leave to another shop. Sometime the vendor would call you back and accept your price. But sometime it doesn’t work.

04. The condition of environment is not so good in some building especially in some old building which is hot and crowded for weekend. You should have psychological preparation.

5  Thank gaganini
Reviewed 15 July 2013

This place is awesome if you want to do some cheap shopping while in China. Don't get caught to hustlers as they will go to shops and tell the shop owners to give you a higher price with the commission for the hustler guy.
When I visited there, as soon as I entered the building, a guy started coming behind me asking what I needed. I was just looking for a pair of shoes for my little nephew but I ignored the guy. He kept asking me all sorts of questions and did not stop coming behind me. I turned and said "Sorry I don't want anything I'm just looking" and started walking. Still this guy was coming behind me saying that he knows where the "good stuff" is and where to find good clothes. I said "please leave me alone" by sort of begging him. But still he didn't stop. He started coming behind me and over taking me, which a couple of times I managed to escape but he quickly found where I was. Lastly I aggressively said "You are annoying. Just leave me alone. I will find what I need myself". He then said "come on" and sorta slowed his pace and started shouting in Chinese. And more hustlers started coming behind me when I realized he called more of them.

I just left the building straight away.

4  Thank Ashan R