“Comfortable stay”

Ranked #19 of 5,069 Hotels in Shanghai
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Comfortable stay”
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Really enjoyed our week long stay at this hotel. We had a room on the Executive level and so enjoyed the perks of the lounge. Delicious daily breakfast, with amazing fresh squeezed juices like the usual apple and orange, but also blueberry, watermelon, and cucumber - really great. Along with the usual morning fare (bacon, potatoes, sausages and other hot items, fruits, breads, cereals, and local items like congee and dumplings) they will also cook you eggs to order. Free wifi as Gold elite members and it was quick and easy to use. The gym is adequate. Two free bottles of water in the room daily. Language is still a barrier with the staff (Front desk staff speaks English well so they help out) but the service was excellent. The location is suitable; we enjoy walking and walked everywhere, to the Bund and to shopping areas along Nanjing Road and Hua Hai (be aware these are long walks), but taxis were also cheap although you may have to wait a few minutes for the doorman to flag one down for you. Overall a great value.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
SilviaXu, Public Relations Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Shanghai Central, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
Greetings from the Courtyard by Marriott Shanghai Puxi!

Thank you for your feedback on your visits to the Courtyard by Marriott Shanghai Puxi!

We are delighted to read of your positive comments on our facilities、food and location and we are so happy that you have had a great stay with us.

Marketing Communication Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We stayed here in September during the mid-autumn (moon cake) festival. Our room was on the executive level with a good view across to the Pudong area skyscrapers. Service at all levels was very good and friendly. The executive lounge was closed for breakfast during our stay (due to the holiday) and we ate at Cafe MoMo which had a good buffet selection. Happy hour in the lounge was pleasant although it was quite busy.

The hotel is in an excellent location, being a short walk from Hanzhong Road station on metro line one, which provides good access to People's Square and Nanjing Road East pedestrian street. A public transport smart card (obtainable at metro stations) makes travel easier.

Room Tip: Higher rooms provide a good view.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Warm greetings from the Courtyard by Marriott Shanghai Puxi. I hope that you have enjoyed a pleasant journey onwards from our property and that this message finds you well!

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us regarding what you enjoyed during your stay. I do appreciate for your compliment comments on our room、 location and restaurent as well as staff service. In fact, our location is also good,only minutes walking to Shanghai Railway Station and metro line 1, 3 &4. A number of city attractions are with easy access, only 10 minutes to Nanjing Road West, Jing An Temple and People Square. 30 minutes from Hongqiao International Airport and 60 minutes to Pudong International Airport.

We look forward to your return! Until then, please feel free to contact us with any further questions, comments or concerns!

Marketing Communications manager
Paris, France
Reviewed 18 October 2013

I arrived at the Marriott Courtyard ShanghaiPuxi this morning at 8 A , and the front office staff had held a room for me. That was a more welcome gesture alter flying all evening from Paris. The front desk staff was quite accommodating, but language is sill an isse. We had to sort to out a few items to make sure we were understood. I was led to a lovely 7th modern room with all the modern conveniences (showers, spullies, cable services and internet connection free for all Marriott Club members. It works beautifully.

As I faded mid day before a nap, I went to their main coffee shop, Mo,Mo. I was greeted and asked if I would like the full Chinese buffet or the a la carte menu. I selected the later, and I tried to make choicesthat didn't expose to raw or unwashed produce. That made it very limited. I ordered a Beef pastrami sandwich, but I received a hamburger. I rejected that since it was loaded with lettuce and totomates/raw and fresh. I returned to the kitchen for my Beef Patrami Sandwind. Next I receive a club sandwich,which I manaed to pick through. I know that all of these mistakes were based on language issues.

The hotel is a beautiful, modern facility in a commercial area. Sightseeing would take some physical activity to get to the real sites of Shanghai. Shopping and restaurants are quite limited in the area. The is one major shopping store across the way, and behind it are vendors selling cheap imitations of this popular brand.

The property is not a bad beginning for four first days of our time in Shanghai. Staff is very friendly and accommodating. The even offered me papers or magazine while I lunched.

It's a great business hotel I wouldn't see it as family breakaway.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

Marketing Communications manager
Jerusalem, Israel
Reviewed 4 October 2013

I had pre-paid my stay when made reservaition. However when I arrived I was informed that I entitled for special promotion - for only 300 yuan I will get breakfast, internet access and be enjoyed the happy hour at the lounge. Only on check out I found the real cost of this promotion: 300 yuan per night + 45 yuan service charge. This promotion actually doubled my expenditure and I feel very bad about it. Except of this missfortune, it is great hotel. The only shortage is it being away from everything

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Iris Y

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 26 September 2013

This, I believe, is a new hotel, built maybe two years ago according to the cab driver. Once you enter, you are welcomed by a huge lobby, well decorated. You could tell it's new by the state-of-the-art fitness room. The swimming pool is nice, although they insist you to wear a swimming cap. The location is great, within walking distance to the shopping district (Nanjing Road). Room is spacious with excellent shower and air conditioning worked great. Service is top notch. You can't go wrong with this choice.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Room is gorgeous. The bed is shioks... Very comfortable. The toilet is very clean n nice. Service staffs r great. Close to General amenities. Keep up he service ppl. Wifi is also a very strong plus. The availability of the variety of cafes to relax n chill is also good. I like java + ice cream...

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us regarding what you enjoyed during your stay.We look forward to your return!

Reviewed 23 September 2013

Just a word: excellent. Free wifi in the common areas, located near to the metro (very useful), good breakfast, excellent rooms, very friendly staff, the room was big, clean and comfortable (with a very cool see-thru shower.) The breakfast buffet was extensive (Western and Chinese options available). Recommended.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Salvatore S
SilviaXu, Public Relations Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Shanghai Central, responded to this review, 7 October 2013