“The Luxury of Space”

Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao
Ranked #51 of 5,137 Hotels in Shanghai
Reviewed 7 December 2011

In a “space challenged” city like Shanghai, The Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao is a welcome relief.
From the cavernous marble lobby to the chocolate-hued rooms to the extra-large all day dining restaurant, this hotel has capitalized on it’s biggest asset – space.
Being new guarantees everything is in working condition. Staff are efficient & courteous. And prompt.
The location is a little off the center but there is talk about a complimentary shuttle bus service that should solve this issue immediately. Having said that, it’s only 15 minutes by taxi to the French Concession during off peak hours. As for the room, I had a very cozy room with excellent bath amenities. It was short on nothing. Great gym & spa facilties. The indoor pool was adequate and clean.
Did I mention the best hotel croissants I’ve ever tasted?

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank PeterKualaLumpur
HiltonSHHongqiao, General Manager at Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2011

Greetings from Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao!

I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide the hotel feedback on your recent stay experience at Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao.

I am delighted to know that you had a wonderful stay in our hotel and I will pass on your comments to the hotel team members.

Reviewed 28 November 2011

This was an amazing hotel!
The customer service, rooms, pool, and spa were amazing.
I had room service and dined in the restaurant. The food was very good, although quite expensive especially the buffet.
There are great local restaurants within a kilometer and shopping is great at the Shanghai's Hongqaio Pearl Market also within walking distance (and much easier than taking a cab).
I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Jay G
HiltonSHHongqiao, General Manager at Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2011

Reviewed 14 November 2011

The hotel is brand new, enormous and appears to have every available luxury, but is somewhat lacking in personality. I was only here for two nights, but ate in the coffee shop for breakfast and dinner, and found the service somewhat lacking. The waiting staff definitely need more training, and to dispense with the very odd procedure of removing all of the cutlery and glasses from the table when you order, only to replace them with different ones some time later - I really didn't understand the point! They were all very pleasant but had to keep coming back and checking our order as they had obviously not understood what we wanted. We also had to ask for an ice bucket for white wine, which ought to be standard procedure in a hotel of this calibre/price.
Everything is on a very grand scale, the lobby is vast and the rooms huge and well equipped, with excellent bathroom facilities.
It was everything I would expect from a 5 star business hotel, with the exception of the restaurant service.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
HiltonSHHongqiao, General Manager at Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2011

Greetings from the Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao!

We thank you for taking time to provide the feedback on your recent stay experience at Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao!

We do appreciate your comments on the lack of service which you had experienced in our outlets. It is via these comments that we can continue to improve our service and ensure shortcomings such as these do recur.

Reviewed 6 November 2011

Amazing, modern and luxurious. This is the only hotel I have ever stayed at with a trampoline in the gym. And it is not a small trampoline, but a large modern one, fit for the olympics (if trampoline was an olympic sport). The trampoline is only one example of the details, the luxury and the space available in this Hilton. The staff and the service was great. But, there were two areas of caution. First, my room was modern and well appointed. My boss stayed in the other tower. His room had different decor and it was great, but different, and not very attractive to me. Also, the location is not near any tourist attractions.

Room Tip: Make sure the room decor fits your taste, or switch towers. Also, get a room far from the highway o...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
HiltonSHHongqiao, General Manager at Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2011

Greetings from Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao!

I am delighted to know that you had a wonderful stay in our hotel. Whilst our location is away from the main city centre, Hongqiao is fast becoming a commercial hub and has a couple of shopping areas within walking distance of the hotel. The public transportation is nearby our hotel and easy to go any tourist attractions.

Reviewed 6 November 2011

This is my second visit to the Hilton Hongqiao. I really enjoyed the last stay but the property was pretty new and there was only 1 dining option and 1 bar area. Hotel is much busier now and the service is much better than my last visit. The addition of the new wine bar called VIne is very nice, kind of a hidden jewel since many do not notice its entrance in the courtyard.

The rooms are excellent and roomy. Ended up in a junior suite that was very spacious, bed was very comfortable and quiet.

I was on a business trip with a few co-workers and all of us enjoyed the stay. Highly recommend this hotel if you want to stay in the Hongqiao area.

Also, I inquired directly via e-mail to confirm whether the executive area was available or not. It wasn't, but I was happy to receive a prompt courteous reply from the hotel.

Thanks!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business

Greetings from Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao!

I am delighted to know that you had a wonderful stay in our hotel. Our Executive Floor and Executive Lounge are not available at this stage, but we are looking to open it by Q1 2012.

Reviewed 30 October 2011

The wine bar is really nice, the rooms are modern and spacious.
Just a little note regarding the F&B staff, a bit pushy to get their name on the comment card.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
HiltonSHHongqiao, General Manager at Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2011

Greetings from Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao!

I am delighted to know that you had a wonderful stay in our hotel and I do apologize on the attitude of our team member on matter mentioned. Corrective affairs have been taken with the team.

Reviewed 6 October 2011

Big, comfortable and new. Stayed here mostly because it was close to Hongqiao Airport. There are a lot of options in the area but this one is probably the best, which is visible even from afar as the building has a very cool design. Rooms are comfortable and spacious. Staff is attentive and the jazz band at the bar was surprisingly good for a Wednesday night. Also a good coffee shop.
For an airport layover this hotel is pretty stacked - but it doesn't have a Shuttle, or at least it wasn't offered. Otherwise, it's too far from the city to be considered for a Shanghai centered trip.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank SSAASSHHAA
HiltonSHHongqiao, General Manager at Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2011

Greetings from Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao!
Thank you for your comments on the website. We are delighted to note that you have enjoyed your stay here with us. Indeed, we do not provide a shuttle service into the city at this stage, but we are looking to have this by early January 2012.
Our team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.