“Best Hotel experiance, Again.”

Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao
Ranked #51 of 5,137 Hotels in Shanghai
Reviewed 22 February 2014

I returned to this hotel after i stayed here a few times and i stand by my previous reviews THIS HOTEL IS A PERFECT HOTEL!
Not many hotels get this rating from me.
The Service is perfect, The Staff are the best from check in thru the concierge to the room attendant.
They always anticipate what you will need and always happy to help, their English speaking are the best i have seen in china, Check in and check out took minutes, the room was beautiful comfortable and clean, the shower great and the bed heavenly.
The public areas of the hotel are clean and well maintained.
I again strongly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
HiltonSHHongqiao, General Manager at Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2014

Greetings from Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao!

Thank you for your sharing second and, again, encouraging review on Tripadvisor. It is a true pleasure to read your observations that demonstrate we are delivering up to the expectations of seasoned travelers like yourself. Rest assured that I will discuss your kind feedback with all our team members during our next monthly team celebration!

Our hotel is just under three years old and, therefore, among the newest properties in Hongqiao. Together with all team members, we are working hard to keep the hotel in pristine condition (as you noticed) and to ensure every guest feels personally cared for. Being an international hotel, visited by many overseas travelers, we put special emphasis on our team members being able to communicate in English. We actually provide in-house classes to our team members to ensure that all of them can effectively communicate in one additional language, besides Mandarin. I am therefore very pleased that you noticed these efforts, as you are well-able to compare them to other hotels in China.

Once again, thank you for your great review and I truly look forward to seeing at our hotel again soon.

Reviewed 13 February 2014 via mobile

I have stated 4 night totally in executive room,the room was clean and deluxe, big bathroom. Comfortable.And we have a nice cocktail evening time at the executive lounge.
Most staff can speak english and very helpful, the nice doorman was help me to get the taxi going to railway station when I left hotel at 5 am even at the temperature zero degree. Thank you.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank MikeWongPS
HiltonSHHongqiao, General Manager at Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Dear Mr. Wong - Greetings from Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao!

Thank you or your kind review and for sharing your feedback about your stay in our “Executive Tower”. I am very pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that you appreciated the service provided by our team members!

The Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao comprises of three towers, that have all been connected by the main lobby. You stayed in Tower III, i.e. our Executive Tower. This tower only features 84 rooms and can be considered a “hotel within a hotel”. Guests staying in Tower III have a separate entrance and a private reception counter for check in and check out. In addition, these guests may enjoy breakfast in the Executive Lounge. In the evening, pre-dinner cocktails and canapés are being served. The rooms in Tower III are more spacious and particularly designed for business travelers and guests who stay for an extended period of time. All in all, it is a great alternative for those guests looking for privacy and personalised service.

I do hope we may welcome you to our hotel again soon. Please don’t hesitate to contact me directly via mike.williamson@hilton.com if you wish to make your next reservation.

Reviewed 12 February 2014

My family and I moved to Shanghai last year and was living in Hilton for a period of no less than 2 months before we moved into our home.Our experience was simply great.

Room: Big with jacuzzi and clean. Amenities are great.
Wifi: Great wifi coverage with access to Facebook even in China!
Gym: Very well-equipped gym and they even have yoga and dance classes for free.
Swimming pool: Indoor swimming pool that can be used throughout winter.
Parking: Sufficient parking space
Service: Really great service from the concierge to the managers.
Location: Close to Hongqiao airport but far from Pudong airport
Shuttle bus: Shuttle bus to the city center everyday.

Keep it up.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
HiltonSHHongqiao, General Manager at Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Greetings from Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao!

Thank you for sharing your great and detailed review about your 2-month stay at our hotel! Having stayed in the hotel for such a long time, I am sure you have been able to experience all facilities and tried all restaurants and bars. I am particularly pleased to read that you value the friendliness and hospitality of all our team members. Rest assured that I will share your encouraging feedback to all of them.

We actually welcome many travelers like yourself. Due to our large rooms (46 sqm/495 sqft), the hotel is ideal for people that need to stay in Shanghai for an extended period of time. We even have some guests staying in the hotel for two years! I understand that you and your family have now moved to your own home. I do hope however that you would like to continue using our extensive gym facilities (we do provide family memberships) or that we may welcome you during the Sunday Afternoon Family Brunch (including dedicated kids area). Please feel free to contact me directly if you wish to receive some additional information via mike.williamson@hilton.com.

Once again, thank you for your patronage and for your great review!

Reviewed 2 February 2014

The night staff and management was extremely helpful in getting this traveler from an unfamiliar airport and into a comfortable room in the middle the night. As expected they were welcoming and sped me through the check-in progress which I appreciated at 3 AM.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
HiltonSHHongqiao, General Manager at Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Dear Mr. Thomas – Greetings from Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao!

Thank you for your great comments with regards to your recent stay and your “experience” in Shanghai. My colleagues informed me that you were stranded at Hongqiao Airport at the middle of the night. It was certainly our pleasure to have picked you up from the airport and to bring you to our hotel. I am pleased to read that you had a good night rest afterwards!

Our hotel is in very close proximity to the Hongqiao Hub, i.e. the area with Hongqiao High Speed Railway station and Hongqiao Airport. As such, the hotel is ideal for travelers that need to continue their journey within China. The Hongqiao Hub provides excellent connectivity to all major cities in China’s mainland.

I hope that we may welcome you again during your next trip to Shanghai. Hopefully you will then stay with us for several days giving you the opportunity to also enjoy our extensive gym and wellness facilities. Please don’t hesitate to contact me directly on mike.williamson@hilton.com of you wish to make your next reservation.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

The location is good if you want to be close to both airports. Rooms are spacious and everything worked well, including the wifi.
The service is not what you would expect from a Hilton - rather slow and the staff is just doing their job. Check out before 7 a.m. was slow as only one clerk was available - took me 10 minutes with 2 waiting before me. Food is ok - had much better in hotels in Shanghai with a lower room rate.

Greetings from Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences of your recent stay at our hotel. Although I understand that you enjoyed the rooms and facilities, I am disappointed to read that our service levels were not in line with your expectations. I appreciate for you having brought these to our attention and I will discuss this in further detail with our front desk and culinary teams, respectively. If you wish to share any further details about your stay, please do feel free to reach out to me directly on mike.williamson@hilton.com.

As you rightly point out, the hotel is conveniently located for both business and leisure travelers. The Hongqiao Hub (High Speed Railway Station and Hongqiao Airport) is just a 15 minute drive from the hotel. Pudong International Airport can be reached within 40 minutes via one of Shanghai’s main expressways.

I hope that – despite the nuisances you encountered- we will have the chance to welcome you again. I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 28 January 2014

Spending your holidays in Hilton Shanghai is an ideal choice if you want to enjoy both modern amenities and traditional charm. The hotel is generally of good quality, no need to worry about the standard of the accommodation that awaits you.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
HiltonSHHongqiao, General Manager at Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

Greetings from Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao!

Thank you for your contribution on our Tripadvisor page. My colleagues and I are pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I understand that your traveled to Shanghai on business and attended one of the numerous conventions we organize at our hotel. As you rightly point out, the hotel is modern and has a vast array of facilities; including the largest ballroom in this part of town (1,706 sqm / 18,363 sqf). As such the Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao is an excellent venue for corporate travelers and meeting attendees. However, we also welcome many leisure travelers, in particular over the weekends. Our oversized guest rooms are perfectly suitable for a comfortable stay of a family. In addition, the gym, pool, tennis courts, spa and yoga classes offer ample options to relax and unwind.

I truly hope we may welcome you back to our hotel during your next business or leisure trip to Shanghai. Please don’t hesitate to contact me directly on mike.williamson@hilton.com if you wish to make your next reservation.

Reviewed 26 January 2014

I stayed here for business plus with my family flying over to join me during the trip. The hotel is brand new and a rather large property with various buildings after buildings. It took them a while for them to check me in which is strange considering my family came before me and already checked into the room. The room is spacious and like I said before, it is huge!
The package came with free breakfast which was the favorite of my family. I personally do not really care, but it was a plus. It seems a lot of local tourists stayed in that property versus the other places I stayed seem to have more foreigner. The location is really a problem! Apparently it was in a very decent area where it is more residential, however it will always take almost 40 mins (each way) to travel by taxi to downtown Shanghai. After 3 days my family is leaving but I will have to stay for few more days for business, so I decided to switch to a smaller room. Unfortunately there is no other single room available at all for the next week which is strange for such a big hotel. Luckily a friend of my got me in to another hotel downtown near Jing An.
It is a mixed for me for this property!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
HiltonSHHongqiao, General Manager at Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Greetings from Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao!

Thank you for posting your elaborate reply on Tripadvisor. It is a pleasure to read that – overall – you had an enjoyable stay at our hotel despite you encountered certain “challenges”. Please allow me to respond to each of them.

Indeed, the Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao is one of the newest hotels in Hongqiao. Featuring 662 spacious rooms (46 sqm/495 sqft) we praise ourselves to provide among the largest guest rooms in Shanghai. As such, it is not only a good hotel for business travelers, but also for guests staying with their families. The rooms are spread over three connecting buildings, with our premium rooms (Executive Rooms) being housed in Tower 3. Reading through your comments, I presume you and your family stayed in one of the suites in this tower. Guests in Tower 3 do not only benefit from private check-in and check-out, but also enjoy complimentary American breakfast in the Executive Lounge. Alternatively, you may also enjoy the great breakfast variety that is offered in our All Day Dining. I am pleased to read that your family enjoyed the extensive breakfast as we spend considerable time in optimizing the selection for both our international and domestic guests!

With regards with your comments to the location, I need to say that it very much depends on the purpose of visit. The hotel is easily accessible from the Hongqiao Hub (domestic Airport and Highspeed Railway station) as well as to Pudong Airport (by means of the express way). Many multinational companies have established their offices in close proximity to the hotel, notably Volvo, McDonalds, Starbucks and Jabil. If you wish to go downtown Shanghai (e.g. The Bund or Yu Garden), the hotel provides complimentary shuttle service 3x a day. Alternatively, there is always plenty of taxis available in front of the hotel. Our Concierge is happy to assist you, if necessary.

I truly hope we may welcome you to our hotel again soon. Despite the hotel’s size, we are generally running high occupancy levels. To ensure we have a room available for you next time, please feel free to directly send me an email to make your next reservation on mike.williamson@hilton.com.