“Business trip”

Ranked #55 of 5,105 Hotels in Shanghai
BUSTO ARSIZIO, Italy
“Business trip”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I had a great stay - I strongly suggest it!! Thr WiFi is better then the last time - you can work well in your room. Also in the pubblic area the WiFi work well. The WiFi in the fitness center works very well! The room are super nice - the swimming pool, as well as the fitness center pool is great

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

HiltonSHHongqiao, General Manager at Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Dear Mr. Carlo - Greetings from Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao!

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experiences of your recent (second) stay at our hotel. I am pleased to read that you had a pleasant time with us and, in particular, that you were satisfied with the WIFI in our hotel. As good connectivity has almost become a necessity in life, we looked at ways to further improve the WIFI experience in all public areas (including the gym and pool). Recently we also installed a connectivity station in the main lobby, equipped with PC’s, MacBook and printers. These can all be used free of charge.

I hope we may see you at our hotel again during your next trip to Shanghai. Please don’t hesitate to contact me directly on mike.williamson@hilton.com if you wish to make your next reservation with us.

Mike Williamson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Hong Kong
Reviewed 14 April 2014

The hotel is very nice and clean. Services are great. Breakfast is good but I miss the honey served before. The bed are so comfort that I had a great sleep there after a long flight back from US. The only comment is the hotel is not very close to the underground station. If there is free shuttle bus between the hotel and the underground station will be prefect.

Greetings from Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao!

Thank you for sharing your feedback on both Tripadvisor and our internal survey ‘SALT’. I am pleased to read that you had an excellent night sleep and that you enjoyed our service and hospitality. I have also taken note of your comment with regards to the honey at the breakfast buffet. I will discuss with our Chef whether it would be possible to reinstate the honeycomb.

Our hotel is conveniently located towards both airports and Shanghai’s main business parks. In walking distance of the hotel, there is a broad variety of (Western) restaurants, bars and shopping malls. Although there is no metro line in direct proximity to the hotel, the stations of Lines 2 and 10 can be reached by taxi in just a view minutes. Taxi’s are always available in front of the hotel. Please don’t hesitate to ask our concierge Lance and his team for recommendations on how to get around in Shanghai.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.

Shanghai, China
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I have stayed in this hotel many times and really enjoy it. I live in Shanghai and come here for an escape. I have stayed in the Executive Wing, Tower 2 and 1. I have to say that the best for money is tower 2. The deluxe rooms are amazing. Great rooms with a giant bath and TV in the bathroom. The only thing I can say about the Hilton is the buffet is not that great. It does cater for Chinese more than Western (which I understand) but they need to have a better balance. The staff are great and will do anything for you. The highlight (apart from the bath) is the breakfast. I would recommend this hotel to anyone

Room Tip: Make sure you stay in tower 2 or 3
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Greetings from Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao!

As you are one of our very regular guests, I am excited to read your encouraging review. Clearly, you have experienced all room categories (located in one of the hotel’s three towers) as well as our various food & beverage outlets. Rest assured that I will share your feedback with all our team members during our monthly team member celebration.

With regards to your comments on the buffet variety, I would appreciate if you can share with me directly what food items you would be specifically looking for. Since two weeks, we have further diversified our buffet with freshly cut tuna and additional sea food items. Yet, if there is any dishes you would like to see included on the buffet, please let me know via mike.williamson@hilton.com.

singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Hilton HongQiao Shanghai really make your stay comfortable and enjoyable. staffs at the Executive Lounge make you feel at home with their friendly services. I certainly look forward to returning to this hotel soon.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Greetings from Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao!

Thank you for completing our Hilton’s online questionnaire SALT and for posting your first hotel review on Tripadvisor. I am very pleased to read that you had a comfortable stay and that you felt “at home” in the executive lounge. I will certainly share your comments with our executive lounge team!

You stayed at Tower 3, which is our Executive Tower. The Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao features three towers, that have all been connected by the main lobby. Tower 3 is our most exclusive area in the hotel and only comprises of 84 rooms. Guests staying in Tower 3, enjoy a separate entrance, private check in and check out as well as access to the Executive Lounge. In the lounge we serve complimentary breakfast, refreshments and pre-dinner cocktails. In addition, all guests staying in Tower 3 may utilize one of the dedicated board rooms free of charge. The rooms in Tower 3 are also larger and equipped with a large working desk. Therefore, we do recommend business travelers to stay in Tower 3 as it provides them with the ideal ambiance for a productive business trip.

We look forward to welcoming you to our hotel again soon!

Boulder, United States
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Outstanding stay. Excellent room, good meeting facility, outstanding buffet for breakfast, lunch and dinner, very responsive and professional staff. My new favorite Shanghai hotel. Beautiful lobby, good and comfortable bar with broad beer selection. Good internet connection. Quiet room with spacious bathroom.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Mr. Steve - Greetings from Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao!

I am pleased to read your great review of your recent stay at our hotel! The fact that you now name us as your favorite “Shanghai Hotel” is highly encouraging and we look forward to welcoming you to our hotel more often.

The Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao is among the newest hotels in Hongqiao and features, besides the 674 oversized guest rooms, among the most spacious meeting facilities. Our ballroom can host up to 1,000 dinner guests in one room and is a popular venue for annual dinners, weddings and product launches. The hotel also features several restaurants and two bars (including the exclusive wine bar ‘Vine’). If you wish to work out, we offer a large gym including TRX equipment, a yoga room (with daily classes), indoor pool and two tennis courts. As such, the hotel is the ideal venue to work, meet, relax and exercise!

Please feel free to contact me directly on mike.williamson@hilton.com if you wish to make your next reservation.

Maine
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Recently completed a second stay for business at the Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao. This hotel is very new and large. The rooms at this hotel are palatial compared to the rooms at the Tokyo Hilton! The rooms were clean and housekeeping was consistent. Jet lagged travelers should be sure to set their do not disturb indicator though or else risk being woken up for the evening turn down service. All of the staff were universally helpful and pleasant. On my second visit, there was a handwritten note from the hotel manager welcoming me back to the hotel which was a nice touch that I appreciated.

Room Tip: Tower 2 is the most convenient tower to most hotel amenities.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
HiltonSHHongqiao, General Manager at Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Greetings from Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao!

It is a pleasure to reading your feedback and I am pleased to notice that you continue staying at our property when traveling to Shanghai (and staying at Hilton hotels whenever you are abroad)! Rest assured that I will forward your encouraging comments to all our team members.

Our hotel is among the newest properties in the Hongqiao area. Despite its size (674 rooms), the hotel “feels” much smaller. That is because all our rooms are spread over three towers. You stayed in Tower 2 which is our main tower housing Deluxe Rooms, restaurants, meeting facilities and gym. Our Deluxe Rooms are 46 sqm/495 sqft in size and feature a walk-in wardrobe as well as a build-in television screen in the bathtub. These rooms are ideal for business travelers that stay in our hotel for an extended period of time.

I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon. Please don’t hesitate to contact me directly via mike.williamson@hilton.com if you need any assistance with your travel arrangements.

Houston, Texas, United States
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Located far from Pudong Traffic is a mess however the hotel is clean and friendly The food is very good SOme staff don't speak English very well Taxis are easily available, of course you need to give them a card of where you go as NONE speak other than chinese I rec it

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

HiltonSHHongqiao, General Manager at Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Dear Mr. Neil – Greetings from Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao!

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us on both Tripadvisor and our Online Survey SALT. We are happy to learn you had generally enjoyed your stay with us and will share your comments on the food with our culinary team.

As you rightly mentioned, our hotel is located on the other side of Shanghai and in close proximity to the “Hongqiao Hub” (Hongqiao Airport or Hongqiao Highspeed Railway Station). Pudong Airport is a mere 45 minute drive and can be easily reached via the city’s main express way. We welcome many travelers that need to be in Hongqiao for business purposes. Office parks such as Caoheijing and Changfeng are nearby the hotel and can be reached by taxi within 10-15 minutes. Many multinational companies have established their regional offices in these parks.

Please feel free to contact me if you need any help with your future bookings via mike.williamson@hilton.com and we hope to welcome you back again in the near future.