“The most beautiful Hotel in Shanghai!”

Sheraton Shanghai Hongkou Hotel
Ranked #78 of 5,105 Hotels in Shanghai
Simi Valley, California
“The most beautiful Hotel in Shanghai!”
Reviewed 22 September 2011

Wow, is all I can say! This hotel is new and very very modern! When we checked into our room we thought we died and went to heaven!!! The views were outstanding, and the bathroom/shower were just beautiful! Beds were comfy and the room was large and plenty of room for our luggage. We ate dinner once at the Feast and the food was very good. Breakfast was a huge buffet at the Feast in the morning and there were lots of choices of food to pick from. All the food was very very good. The staff was very friendly and always helpful for anything you may need. The location is good and walking distance to shopping was a short walk away. There is also a local market around the corner for getting bottled water or munchies.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
Sheraton_Hongkou, Manager at Sheraton Shanghai Hongkou Hotel, responded to this review, 30 September 2011
Dear JstLv2Crz,

Thank you for taking some time to write a review. It is good to see that many of our guests like the design/style of our hotel. Recently, we added a large painting in our lobby which has been created by Mr. Ding Yi, who is one of Chinas most famous artists.

Our spacious rooms, large buffet section and convenient location, definitely contributed towards making your stay enjoyable.

Please feel free to contact me if you would like to place any future reservation.

gsm.hongkou@sheraton.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 21 September 2011

Everything about this hotel is fantastic. The room was spectacular, the staff were exceptional and the breakfast is one of the best I've had I in China. This was our last stop on a tour with China Spree. The hotel is located across the street from the subway for the more adventurous. There is also a lot of local shops within walking distance. It's not 5th Avenue, but who cares. The room had a great view of the city. I was on the 21st floor. There was a jumbo sized bed with exquisite sheets, lots of big pillows, etc. The bathroom had a bath/shower combination, separated from the rest of the bathroom by a glass separation. Unlike the other hotels I've stayed in, this bathroom actually was entirely private and did not have that big window overlooking the bedroom. The toilet was private as well with a smoked glass door. The bathroom came with all the soap and lotions one would need then then some. Nice towels, bathrobes, slippers and hair dryer completed the experience.

The room was spacious and well layed out. Aside from the very large bed, there was a small sitting area as well as a desk overlooking the city. The fridge was fully stocked with both drinks and snacks, although very expensive. There is lots of cupboard space, a safe in the room as well as an iron and ironing board.

The service was impeccable. Everyone from the doorman to the people serving breakfast were extremely helpful and friendly. I would definately recommend this hotel for anyone visiting Shanghai. What's not to like - this is a great place to spoil yourself.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank yu243229
Dear yu243229,

Thank you for sharing your experience at tripadvisor.com and I am delighted to to see that you enjoyed your stay. I will definitely share your comments with my colleagues who will be happy to receive some oustanding feedback.

Please contact me if you plan to visit us in the near future and again THANK YOU for your comments.

Warm regards

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 19 September 2011

I stayed in this hotel with my parents from Sept 10 to Sept 17, 2011. Initially we only booked the first three nights (got a promotion discount when I booked it) but eventually we decided to stay in this hotel for the remaining four nights. The hotel is excellent, and we love the fact that the metro is just a stone-throw from the hotel (really really close to the hotel, let me emphasize). The best thing about the hotel is that all the stuff were so friendly! They were very helpful, and my parents and I kept telling each other that it must be the training department that did such a good job in training their people to make us feel so welcome. The contrast is so apparent when we visited some high end restaurants in Shanghai - those waiters and waitresses had bad attitude! But not in this hotel - the stuff always gave us big smile and they speak good English!

The only complaint that I have is the neighborhood - it is close to the Bund, but not in the Bund. The surronding neighborhood is a bit doggy. We could not find a decent restaurant within walking distance. However, the front desk did point us to nice restaurants in the neighborhood and the cab ride only took 5 minutes. Anyway, dining out is not a problem because we always were out and about.

I would recommend this hotel - very comfortable beds, and nice bathroom! Internet is not free which is a shame, but we can use the computers for free in the back of the lobby, which was good enough since we were not in the room most of the time.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has a view towards the bund. You can see the tallest tower on the Bund.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Dear ShaunDallas,

Thank you for your superb comments on tripadvisor.com and it is a pleasure to know that you had an excellent overall experience at our hotel. Regarding the training department, you are right! Our management focuses highly on regular training sessions in order to provide excellent services to our guests. Furthermore, the key relies in hiring people with the right attitude and passion who are willing to take care of our valuable guests and as well to go beyond expectations. We are trying to make our guests feel -home away from home! Regarding the location of the hotel, roughly about 5 minutes from the hotel away (walking distance), there is the Mayfair shopping mall complex with shops and many restaurants (Chinese food, Japanese food, Korean food, Italian food, Starbucks, Subway etc.). As you already mentioned, we do provide the free wifi in the lobby, the feast restaurant and executive lounge.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you ever plan to visit us again.

Guest Service manager
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed 19 September 2011

The Sheraton is located right next to a subway station- buy a daily ticket for 18 RMB and take line 10 straight to the Yu Yuan Garden bazar or Nanjing Rd.

The breakfast buffet is fantastic and so is the dessert buffet (open until 10 PM at night).

The staff is very friendly although some speak poor English.

I highly recommend booking a Balinese massage if your time permits a spa visit. Best massage I ever had although slightly expensive for Chinese standards at 680 RMB for an hour.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
Dear PulpFiction_11,

Thank you for your comments on your recent stay with us. I will share your comments with our team who will be encouraged by your remarks.

Please feel free to contact me whenever you plan to visit us again.

NYC, NY
Reviewed 12 September 2011

All personnel were friendly and helpful. The three rooms we saw, one was ours and the other two our friends' , were spacious and comfortable. The bathrooms in each room were fantastic--huge, jacuzzi, great shower, and a view into the rest of the room if desired. Breakfast buffets were all anyone could desire with an extensive selection of Western and Asian foods. Free Wi-Fi in the very comfortable lobby area is a nice plus.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank marcs1Nyc_Ny
Dear marcs1Nyc_Ny,

Thank you for the positive comments and I do appreciate the time that you have taken to share your experience at tripadvisor.com.

Please feel free to contact me if you plan to visit us again.

We all are looking forward to welcome you back!

Reviewed 12 September 2011

Great Location - subway line is just on the next block.
We were upgraded to the Executive suite - Gorgeous view looking toward the needle. Rooms were large and clean. Nice bed.
We will be back!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Sheraton_Hongkou, Manager at Sheraton Shanghai Hongkou Hotel, responded to this review, 14 September 2011
Dear fanatictraveler,

Thank you for sharing your experience at tripadvisor.com and I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Indeed, our suites have stunning views over the city and at the same time the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper beds provide great comfort to our guests.

I am looking forward to welcome you back at our property and please feel free to contact me, if there is anything with what I could assist you.

上海
Reviewed 6 September 2011

It was really an amazing experience to stay at this hotel. I received a warm welcome from Nitin when I was checking in. He is very helpful and recommends us some great spots to go. He has been extremely professional and gracious. I like this guy!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Dear Chen M,

Thank you for your comments and its great to see that you had a wonderful experience at our hotel. One of my tasks is to connect to the guests and make the feel home away from home! I am happy to see that I was able to fulfill the task.

Please let me know whenever you plan to visit our hotel again and we all are looking forward to welcome you back.

Warm regards,