“I would reccomend this hotel if you stay with your couple”

Sheraton Shanghai Hongkou Hotel
Ranked #84 of 5,222 Hotels in Shanghai
Reviewed 27 August 2012

The (+):
- The rooms are so amazing! We felt very comfortable during our stay in the hotel it has a really good view as well.
- I would like to thank the help and support of Nitin Abbi and Raymond Xu, I contact them by e-mail and they replied and answered all of my questions. Raymond also called to my room to ask if everything was Ok.

The (-):
- The staff was polite but I would say they are a little cold and distant, I didn't feel as comfortable as in the hotel I stayed in Beijing. Maybe the people in Shanghai behaves like that. When I talked to the concierge, he was talking by cellphone, maybe with his friends (I understand Chinese) and I had to wait around 5 minutes so he could talk to me. I think a 5 star hotel should have a better staff.
- The breakfast was not so good, the place was a little crowded and not so comfortable.

--> In my opinion the hotel was Ok,most of the experience are the amazing rooms, but if I was the manager I would be thinking about the staff; next time I travel to Shanghai I might be thinking to stay in another hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Sheraton_Hongkou, Manager at Sheraton Shanghai Hongkou Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2012

Dear Immendeza,

Thank you so much for your detailed feedback and I have passed your points for improvement to the related department heads!

Hope to welcome you back very soon and please do contact me so that I can personally take care of your room allocation.

Reviewed 26 August 2012

I had a great rate in the low 100's, so you couldn't beat that. It's a bit off from things, but a simple cab right gets you there. The hotel is 2 years old, the rooms are all super updated and more like Meriedien's etc. sexy and new vibe. I had a great view over looking the major buildings.

Breakfast buffet wasn't included on this trip and that was pretty much the only breakfeast option at $33 per day. It was a large buffet but I didn't want to gorge in the mornings and felt that wasn't a good value.

Simple features, nothing special in terms of restaurants, etc. But a great new super clean hotel at the right price.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business

Dear kokilig,

Thank you for your comments and I hope to see you soon again!

Take care

Reviewed 22 August 2012

We stayed in this hotel for 3 nights. The hotel is really good. comfortable rooms, friendly staff and warm space. The only thing that could be better, was the breakfast which wasn't that comprehensive. you had to ask the waitress several times for another coffee! The internet connection isn't free in the rooms. The location of the hotel is not bad. I mean there is not a good resturant around the hotel (only a Mc Donnalds) but it is a 5 minutes drive to the Band and Nanjing Street.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better view.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Sam D,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review--much appreciated!

Reviewed 21 August 2012

I had an amazing expefience here. Im a devout sheraton fan. As usual, the hotel made existing in Shanghai - where i dont know the.culture or language - a simple affair. When it rained, they ofdered me an umbrella. When i was limpinf because of a blister, someone offered to take my heavy backpack to my room and help me up. I took advantage of many if this hotel's facilities including the gym, bars, restaurants. Staff fell over themselves trying to help - they're amazing!

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank letypeaucafe

Dear letypeaucafe,

Thank you for your comments and I am really happy that our associates were able to impress you!

Please do contact me if you ever plan to visit us again.

Reviewed 15 August 2012

My wife and I recently stayed at this top class hotel for 5 nights as part of our vacation to China and were absolutely delighted with the fantastic service and quality of accommodation here. On arrival, we received an excellent upgrade to our room which had an amazing view of the Bund. Nitin was a wonderful host and he went out of his way to be helpful to us. The Executive Lounge has fabulous views over Shanghai and the food served there was top quality. Nitin, Paul and the rest of the lounge staff made us feel very welcome and gave us some valuable advice about when to visit the various attractions. We didn't want to leave! Many thanks to Nitin and his staff for making this a holiday to remember.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank DaleBB

Dear DaleBB,

Thank you for your wonderful comments. I still do remember you and your wife! Hope that I can see you very soon again!

Take care and remember you just dont only stay here, you belong!

Reviewed 9 August 2012

This hotel is simply excellent,: from the very attentive and courteous staff , to spotless and comfortable rooms , the very convenient location, the amenities .
Definately recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Shanghai .

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Bedugul

Dear Bedugul,

Thank you for your review! Always good to see that we keep up our Sheraton Brand Promise!!

Please let me know if you ever plan to visit us again!

Reviewed 5 August 2012

I stayed here for about a week for a business trip. The rooms are clean, the service is excellent and my overall experience was fantastic. The Executive Lounge was made available to me and there too the service exceeded expectation. They offer breakfast, tea service and dinner there and during my stay they switched from a buffet breakfast to a mix of ordering your main meal (eggs, pancakes, etc) and a lighter buffet which included a variety of juices, freshly made croissants, fruits and other tasty side dishes. Nitin and Sunny’s service were fantastic. Theirs along with the other hotel staff’s service made my stay 100% more comfortable. I was greeted throughout the hotel and truly felt welcomed. The swimming pool was clean and the fitness room is well maintained and stocked with up to date equipment. Getting a taxi (regardless of the time) was very easy. I will return to this Sheraton for my future trips to Shanghai.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank TJEM3

Dear TJEM3,

Thank you for your detailed comment and I am really happy that we were able to WoW you.

Please do contact me whenever you plan to visit us again!