“So good, nothing else to ask for.”

Sheraton Shanghai Hongkou Hotel
Ranked #74 of 4,998 Hotels in Shanghai
“So good, nothing else to ask for.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2012

After our first night here last night, we were impressed by Neil and Nitin's dedicated team that we convinced our friend to cancel his booking elsewhere to stay here.

He is also won over by Paul Berger's fabulous team at the lounge, who often appear to refill our glass before we realised it.

Tried the 24hours gym and loved the indoor pool with partial glass windows allowing natural light. The water temperature is ensured to be warm and is opened from 6am to 11pm.

Had a lovely experience at the Shine Spa, it is opened from 10am to 2am, lily did a great job relieving my aching body.

Saw many caucasians having breakfast at the Feast this morning, we were spoilt for choices with the wide spread (international and local cuisine).

We loved the experience here and have also booked our next week's booking. We are surely looking forward to have a great time with our kids. They will love it here.

• Stayed August 2012
Sheraton_Hongkou, Manager at Sheraton Shanghai Hongkou Hotel, responded to this review, 18 November 2012
Dear stanabi,

Thank you for your kind comment!

It was fantastic to have your whole family staying with us!

Sheraton Club Lounge Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Hong Kong
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2012

I was taking my son to a competition and decided to stay in a hotel close to the venue. I am a frequent traveler to Shanghai but never stayed anywhere in the Hongkou area because it is just far away from the normal business districts of Pudong and Huangpu. My impression of this hotel is really bland and nothing to shout about. The staffs go about their business just like a person doing their daily job. No smiles. Nothing exciting. The decor is bland. Nothing to write about. The breakfast is not up to par for a 5-star hotel like this. In a word: very forgettable. If you are a business traveller looking for a hotel to sleep in that has clean and comfortable beds then that is fine. If you are looking for a wow factor and ambience you will be hard pressed to find it. The location is also a bit far from the Hongkou Football Stadium and Lu Xun Park which is where everything is happening. It takes 10 mins by taxi to even get to Hongkou Stadium.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Santiago, Chile
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2012

The (+):
- The rooms are so amazing! We felt very comfortable during our stay in the hotel it has a really good view as well.
- I would like to thank the help and support of Nitin Abbi and Raymond Xu, I contact them by e-mail and they replied and answered all of my questions. Raymond also called to my room to ask if everything was Ok.

The (-):
- The staff was polite but I would say they are a little cold and distant, I didn't feel as comfortable as in the hotel I stayed in Beijing. Maybe the people in Shanghai behaves like that. When I talked to the concierge, he was talking by cellphone, maybe with his friends (I understand Chinese) and I had to wait around 5 minutes so he could talk to me. I think a 5 star hotel should have a better staff.
- The breakfast was not so good, the place was a little crowded and not so comfortable.

--> In my opinion the hotel was Ok,most of the experience are the amazing rooms, but if I was the manager I would be thinking about the staff; next time I travel to Shanghai I might be thinking to stay in another hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Dear Immendeza,

Thank you so much for your detailed feedback and I have passed your points for improvement to the related department heads!

Hope to welcome you back very soon and please do contact me so that I can personally take care of your room allocation.

Los Angeles
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2012

I had a great rate in the low 100's, so you couldn't beat that. It's a bit off from things, but a simple cab right gets you there. The hotel is 2 years old, the rooms are all super updated and more like Meriedien's etc. sexy and new vibe. I had a great view over looking the major buildings.

Breakfast buffet wasn't included on this trip and that was pretty much the only breakfeast option at $33 per day. It was a large buffet but I didn't want to gorge in the mornings and felt that wasn't a good value.

Simple features, nothing special in terms of restaurants, etc. But a great new super clean hotel at the right price.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Dear kokilig,

Thank you for your comments and I hope to see you soon again!

Take care

Tehran, Iran
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2012

We stayed in this hotel for 3 nights. The hotel is really good. comfortable rooms, friendly staff and warm space. The only thing that could be better, was the breakfast which wasn't that comprehensive. you had to ask the waitress several times for another coffee! The internet connection isn't free in the rooms. The location of the hotel is not bad. I mean there is not a good resturant around the hotel (only a Mc Donnalds) but it is a 5 minutes drive to the Band and Nanjing Street.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better view.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Sam D,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review--much appreciated!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2012

I had an amazing expefience here. Im a devout sheraton fan. As usual, the hotel made existing in Shanghai - where i dont know the.culture or language - a simple affair. When it rained, they ofdered me an umbrella. When i was limpinf because of a blister, someone offered to take my heavy backpack to my room and help me up. I took advantage of many if this hotel's facilities including the gym, bars, restaurants. Staff fell over themselves trying to help - they're amazing!

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank letypeaucafe
Dear letypeaucafe,

Thank you for your comments and I am really happy that our associates were able to impress you!

Please do contact me if you ever plan to visit us again.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2012

My wife and I recently stayed at this top class hotel for 5 nights as part of our vacation to China and were absolutely delighted with the fantastic service and quality of accommodation here. On arrival, we received an excellent upgrade to our room which had an amazing view of the Bund. Nitin was a wonderful host and he went out of his way to be helpful to us. The Executive Lounge has fabulous views over Shanghai and the food served there was top quality. Nitin, Paul and the rest of the lounge staff made us feel very welcome and gave us some valuable advice about when to visit the various attractions. We didn't want to leave! Many thanks to Nitin and his staff for making this a holiday to remember.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank DaleBB
Dear DaleBB,

Thank you for your wonderful comments. I still do remember you and your wife! Hope that I can see you very soon again!

Take care and remember you just dont only stay here, you belong!