Stayed 4 nights in January while on business / event at the hotel. Overall, it is very nice hotel. Modern and clean. The rooms are spacious, and comfortable. The hotel is some distance away from the tourist destinations, but accessible by taxi.
I enjoyed the lunch in the hotel's restaurants - Chinese, Japanese, and breakfast / Lunch buffet. Actually, the food was really good, and in my opinion, reasonably priced.
The reasons for giving the hotel only 3 circles (average) rating is:
1. The temperature in the rooms does not go below 19C. The thermostat is pre-set for all rooms, and neither engineering, nor management of the hotel can change it. The hotel management attempted to accommodate me and offered to bring a fan in the room. Which was nice of them. Similarly, the meeting rooms are quite warm.
2. There is no gift shop in the hotel. When I travel, I carry-on my language on the plain. With that, I cant take certain toiletries with me (i.e. hair products), etc. I usually purchase them in the hotel gift shop. Although it is a bit pricier, it allows my to move on-and out of the airport quite quickly. In instant case, however, I surprised / disappointed that the hotel did not have a small gift shop.
3. Front desk - mixed experience. I encountered a very nice and attentive staff, as well as, disinterested team.
In summary, good hotel for business, but some limited conveniences.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Sheraton Shanghai Hongkou Hotel.Our local neighborhood has it all. Our hotel is close to the Bund, considered the city’s symbol since the 1920s, and the People’s Square. We are also near the Nanjing Road, Lujiazui, and Huaihai Zhong Road central business districts, as well as the North Sichuan Road shopping area and historic Duolun Road.Enjoy your stay in one of our 471 beautifully appointed guest rooms and suites, featuring river, city, and Bund skyline views. Relax completely in our famous Sheraton Sweet Sleeper™ Bed, with a pillow-top mattress, cozy duvet, and goose down blanket. Our hotel’s unique outdoor garden and riverside setting make it the perfect place to get away from the fast pace of Shanghai.Complimentary wireless High Speed Internet Access is now available in all of the hotel’s public areas and guest rooms to meet the needs of business and leisure travelers alike. When you need a retreat from fast-paced city life, we have many options. Indulge yourself with a treatment at the Shine Spa. Sheraton Fitness Programmed by Core® Performance features state-of-the-art cardio and strength-training equipment, and our 30-meter swimming pool is illuminated by natural light through the ceiling.We offer a variety of event facilities that are ideal for weddings, dinners, product launches, and meetings. Our dedicated professionals are ready to assist you with any requirements or requests.Let the Sheraton Shanghai Hongkou Hotel be your home base when visiting Shanghai, one of Asia’s most vibrant cities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Odigeo, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sheraton Shanghai Hongkou Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.