“Excellent stay”

Ranked #72 of 4,998 Hotels in Shanghai
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Excellent stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014

I was at the hotel for 2 nights during the second week of January, 2014 -on a business trip. The hotel is well located and the rooms are very comfortable. The bathrooms are huge, well maintained and surpass all expectations. Very good breakfast selection and I was satisfied with the in room dining options. The staff are attentive, efficient and speak a passable level of English. I look forward to my next stay at the Sheraton Shanghai Hongkou Hotel

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank T T
Joyce Z, Director of Marcom at Sheraton Shanghai Hongkou Hotel, responded to this review, 19 January 2014
Dear T T.

Greetings from Sheraton Shanghai Hongkou Hotel. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us, and thank you very much for your positive feedback. Sincerely look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Joyce

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for only one night and was quite impressed. The rooms are nice with the showers and great pillows as the best part. The executive lounge is very nice with great service and the fitness center is large enough and clean. The only downside was the Japanese restaurant. They were out of a lot of items and totally messed up our order...at least there was a great view.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dear Shelliu,

Thank you very much for your valuable comments. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay here with us. And your feedback on the Japanese restaurant is well noted as well, we will pass your feedback to the team for their improvement. Looking forward to welcome you back in the future.

Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014

I am staying at this Hotels several days a year for business reasons...rooms are spacious and clean, staff is nice and helpful, all good...we got a fair rate at the hotel as our company is renting it very often, but regular rates are quite high...still, one of the best Hotels in Shanghai.

Room Tip: Some rooms offer a view on the skyline..really nice, but not worth the upcost if you ask me...rather...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Joyce Z, Director of Marcom at Sheraton Shanghai Hongkou Hotel, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Dear Wumme96,

Greetings from Sheraton Shanghai Hongkou Hotel! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay here with us. For sure we will forward your valuable comments to related departments for their attention. Sincerely look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

This is a very nice and modern hotel. I had a large room with a comfortable bed. The metro station is just opposite the hotel and it is only a few stops away from the main tourist attractions (the Bund, Yuyuan garden etc). The price is significantly cheaper than hotels near the Bund so this hotel was definitely a good choice. Hotel staff was very helpful, spoke fluent English and went out of their way to help me. On the day I arrived in Shanghai my mobile phone was stolen at the metro. It was my first time in China and I don't speak any Mandarin so I was very stressed and panicked at that point. When I reached the hotel, I explained what happened to hotel staff. They helped me call the police and when the policeman came, the hotel manager helped to translate. The police asked me to go to the police station to get a police report for my insurance claim and the hotel manager went with me. The queue at the police station was quite long (mainly people who had lost their phones, wallets etc) but the hotel manager was very patient and stayed with me until I obtained the police report. At the hotel, he even wrote an English translation of the police report and let me borrow the scanner at the club lounge so I could send the report to my insurer. Service at this hotel far exceeded my expectation and I would give 10 stars to this hotel if I could! I would like to thank all staff at Sheraton for making my stay at the hotel pleasant and for helping me get through a very stressful day! For those of you thinking of going to Shanghai, please be very careful at metro stations and keep all your bags zipped and close to your body as the pickpockets are highly skilled.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Joyce Z, Director of Marcom at Sheraton Shanghai Hongkou Hotel, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
Dear kristy321,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback. We are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay here. Sincerely hope to welcome you back to Sheraton Shanghai Hongkou Hotel again!

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2013

I've stayed in 3 SPG hotels so far and this will be my SPG hotel of choice.

I managed to get it at a good rate of 775yuan a night and the location is excellent if you do not mind cabbing. It definitely isn't as good as the other hotels near the Bund or XinTianDi with attractions a short walk away but this is as good as it gets. Rates at 30-50% of those hotels but just a short 5min cab ride away? Sign me up please!

The hotel is modern and simple and the decor and upkeep of the rooms are in pristine and excellent condition. Nothing over the top but modern, comfortable and inviting which is what I am looking for when travelling away from home.

It has its famed Shine Spa which I had the pleasure of visiting and the massage they provided was in line with the Shine Spa standards all over the world. I only had a one-night stay here but the front-desk attitude and that of its staff was inviting, warm and friendly.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear BrassBryan,

Greetings from Sheraton Shanghai Hongkou Hotel. Thank you very much for your positive feedback, we really appreciate that. Sincerely look forward to welcome you back for your next visit in Shanghai!

Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2013

My colleague and I visited Shanghai on a business trip last month, and we stayed at the Sheraton Shanghai Hongkou Hotel. I was impressed with my room as it was relatively spacious and overlooked a pleasant view. My room was away from all the noise and traffic and I had a good night’s sleep. We found the food to be comparatively less expensive and enjoyed a good, wholesome breakfast during our stay. The staff was polite and helped us arrange a taxi for our meeting that morning. Service was commendable and we had a comfortable stay. Although my colleague found her room a tad bit warm, I found it just right. I would surely stay at the Sheraton again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Sam W, Director of Marcom at Sheraton Shanghai Hongkou Hotel, responded to this review, 22 December 2013
Dear SaulSimthSims,

Greetings from Sheraton Shanghai Hongkou Hotel! We are glad that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and greatly appreciate your feedback. Looking forward to welcoming you back in the future.

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2013

I have stayed at this property several times. It appears to be well managed. The employees are courteous, well trained and while some do not speak English that well they are much more fluent than I have encountered in most other hotel properties in China.The lobby is cleanly modern and open. The rooms that I have stayed in are adequate however if you can get upgraded to an executive suite as I have quite consistently your experience will be extraordinary. The views are very nice when it isn't smoggy. I have been at this hotel in the fall, winter and summer. The rooms are a little warm in the winter but they are well air conditioned at all times and comfortable. I am a Starwood Platinum member and the Club Lounge is one of the better Starwood Clubs in China. I would definitely recommend this hotel for its comfort, service and its convenience for business in Shanghai as well as sightseeing when you have free time. Its minutes from the Bund by taxi.

Room Tip: Guest rooms on the west side facing away from road intersection are quiet.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Joyce Z, Director of Marcom at Sheraton Shanghai Hongkou Hotel, responded to this review, 18 December 2013
Dear Bizaviator,