Sheraton Shanghai Hongkou Hotel
NewWorldHotels.com
US$195
US$163
  • Breakfast included
The PuLi Hotel and Spa(Shanghai)
Free cancellation until 02/06
US$98
US$290
US$233
  • Restaurant
All reviewshailun roadjapanese restaurantthe club loungemetro stationspg platinumbund viewthe entire hoteltop floorbusiness tripvery nice hotelfour nightsbund areaconvenient locationbreakfast buffetpudong airportmiyabitaxi
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Though my stay was short, I really enjoyed the unobtrusive service and smiling staff. They offer good assistance that include fetching a taxi.rooms were great and I was on 33 rd floor that offered a great view.

• Stayed: June 2014
Joyce Z, Marketing Specialists at Sheraton Shanghai Hongkou Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Dear vijabas,

Thank you very much for choosing Sheraton Shanghai Hongkou Hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay here with us. We sincerely appreciate your positive comments.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Regards,
Kin

Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

First time stay with this hotel, the room is clean, bright and decent space.

Order room service for breakfast, the dish of Eggs Benedict didnt look what I expected. The dish came with one poached egg on a muffin, surrounded by few pieces of peas, charrot, pototes which cost me RMB90 +15% service charges! Checked menu, the description said it comes with smoked ham and creamy sauce hollandaise but they were missing.

Called guest service to follow up, the staff confirm this order contains one egg only, however, the missing side will be bring to my room as a follow up action. Turn out, they deliveried me two sauages, some smoke hams, hash brown and a tomota. Tge creamy sauce still missing.

I surely hope the manager can look into this and improve this part of service.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Doris C
Joyce Z, Executive assistant Manager at Sheraton Shanghai Hongkou Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Dear Doris C,
Greetings from Sheraton Shanghai Hongkou Hotel.

We are sorry that we let you down during your recent stay with us.Your comments and feedback on the services have been noted and brought up to releated departments for their attention and further improvement.

Meanwhile, would you mind sending your stay details to our email at gsm.hongkou@sheraton.com for our further investigation and improvement?

Looking forward to welcome you back,

Fabien Martinez
Executive assistant Manager
Sheraton Shanghai Hongkou Hotel

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Booked several rooms and hosted guests over four nights. In general, the hotel is clean and professional and works well as a business/conference hotel/venue.

Pros:
---Great value.
---Good SPG platinum recognition. Club lounge serves a nice breakfast with both buffet-style and menu selections; dinner selection in club lounge is relatively broad and unique for a China sheraton. Suites are large and appropriate for meetings.
---Professional service. Not overly friendly or outgoing, but everyone was functional and efficient. A positive exception was Geneva in the 4th-floor chinese restaurant restaurant, who went out of her way to make our lunch guests feel welcomed with a very friendly and professional experience. Prices in the 4th-floor restaurant are reasonable.
---Sharp, clean architecture conveys a sense of luxury
---Plenty of complimentary bottles of water

Cons:
---Some nickel and dime-ing and hesitancy to remove charges
---Location is not great; can take 30-60 minutes to reach either airport by taxi. Nothing substantial to see within walking distance of the hotel.
---Broken steam room in men's locker room

Tips:
---From the moment the maglev train pulled away from Pudong airport, I was at the hotel exactly 30 minutes later (taxi from train station in pudong to hotel)
---See the view of the Shanghai skyline from the japanese restuarant on 37th floor on a clear night

Room Tip: High floor, corner room, on southeast side for view of pudong skyline and pearl tower
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank tdsbu
Joyce Z, Online Coodinator at Sheraton Shanghai Hongkou Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear tdsbu,

Greetings from Sheraton Shanghai Hongkou Hotel!

We are greatly appreciate your feedback.

And for sure we will share your comments with the team for their attention and improvement.

We sincerely look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Regards,

Kin

Reviewed 27 May 2014

A welcome sight to see the Sheraton Hotel right across the street as we emerged from the subway tunnel upon our arrival in Shanghai. Friendly, helpful staff throughout. Good buffet breakfast to start the day. Large, comfortable room with an amazing view of the Pearl Tower and city. Huge shower. Location was good, within a few blocks of a mall and restaurants. Would stay here again when in Shanghai.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TravelOn11
Joyce Z, Director of Marcom at Sheraton Shanghai Hongkou Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear TravelOn11

Greetings from Sheraton Shanghai Hongkou Hotel!

Thank you very much for your positive feedback, and we are glad to know that you enjoyed your recent stay with us.

Sincerely hope to welcome you back in the future for more explorations!

Joyce

Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights.. The property is conveniently located downtown, with nice cozy rooms all good thing one could relate to a Sheraton property.. but here are the exceptions.. once you arrive the frontdesk might not even notice your existence, you go through a robotic check in and finally assigned a room.. help yourself with your luggage as concierge might not want to disturb you by asking to assist.. you should know Chinese to communicate with the staff..

That wasnt the worst part yet.. I confirmed the reservation though phone as my journey was planned at the last minute.. I felt happy to be extended some discounts on the rack rates, however on having a breif look at my invoice I noticed that the it had different night rates for the length of my stay and none of the rates matched the one confirmed over phone.. after a breif communication struggle with the frontdesk they called upon someone, perhaps the duty manager. This gentleman who wasnt all that gentle arrogantly handled my concerns and told me that rates were different for different days and they can not make a mistake in invoicing.. I insisted and advised them to verify from telephonic records of my reservation call. They did it for 10 mins time and came back to me with a very artificial apology, and presented me a invoice ammendment just for the first night of stay. The other nights were charged as per their policy, which they never considered necessary to inform the customer.. by this time I was bugged enough and just wanted to leave to avoid any futher embarrassment.. these guys treated me in a authorotative manner just to deter me from coming back ever at a place in this property's sight..

I am sure I am not the only one having faced such an issue, I had a look at a similar review on TA. And there must be many that went unreported..

If you are here just DO NOT expect hospitality, and hopefully do not run in to a situation where you need any assistance from the staff..

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Abhi012

Dear Abhi012,
Greetings from Sheraton Shanghai Hongkou Hotel.

We are sorry that we let you down during your recent stay with us.

Sincerely hope that we'd have the chance to welcome you back for a better stay experience with us.

Looking forward to welcome you back

Fabien Martinez