“A Rare Gem in Shanghai!”

The Langham Shanghai Xintiandi
Ranked #7 of 5,146 Hotels in Shanghai
Reviewed 31 August 2013

I have travelled many times to Shanghai but stayed at the other side of the Huangpu River always. At a colleague's recommendation, I have decided to take the plunge and cross the river to The Langham Xintiandi (I am a creature of habit). What have I been missing all this while??? The hotel is simply fabulous; the enchanting scent, the warm welcome from the doormen or young boys rather, the great service from the staff at the Club Lounge, the glorious food at Ming Court and the beautiful terrace bar (great place to chill outdoor especially now the cool weather).

The location is just so convenient too. Across the street is the famous Xintiandi, plenty of restaurants and bars to hang out with my colleagues after work. Further down is a huge Xintiandi Mall where they have many local interesting designers, not cheap but very chic styles. Close to the hotel is Tianzifang, a very interesting arts and crafts enclave developed from a renovated residential area in the French Concession district. You can actually peeked into someone's kitchen! I found this shop "Pi Ling Ba Lang", (the shop name refers to the sounds of breaking glass) has beautiful china ware in modern Chinese style.

I will be coming back to this hotel as there is no other hotel I would rather stay now in Shanghai. Can't wait to try their afternoon tea in the lobby lounge......must be good as the place has been very crowded the 2 days I was there.

Both thumbs up for Langham Xintiandi.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Langham_Xintiandi, Hotel Manager at The Langham Shanghai Xintiandi, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2013

Dear roadangel,
Thank you so much for your review.It is always encouraging to receive such glowing tributes of our hotel. The team will be delighted to hear of the positive feedback as a result of us of your stay with us.We are glad you enjoyed the location,facilities and service as well as the Food and Beverage outlets. Please feel free to get in touch when you next visit so that I may make a booking for our Afternoon Tea .
We look forward to your return ,

Reviewed 29 August 2013

I stayed at the Langham, Xintiandi with a committee group of approx 100 persons. I was very impressed with the conference organising, the food choices and quality, the rooms (and cleaning), the attention by all of the Langham team to detail and their other facilities. I have received feedback from committee members with the same thoughts and it really made our conference a wonderful experience.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Langham_Xintiandi, Hotel Manager at The Langham Shanghai Xintiandi, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2013

Dear rachel_burdet_baker,
Thank you very much for bringing your conference group from Melbourne to stay with us. The team here will be pleased to hear that the committee group were impressed with their stay at the hotel especially enjoying their rooms, the food and our staff members attention to details.
Your post on Trip Advisor is most appreciated and we do look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

I am a very frequent traveller to Shanghai and I am currently staying on club floor. This is my first visit to the Langham and from the moment I walked in, I felt I was coming home!!

Excellent room and the club lounge is one of the best I have ever used. Fantastic breakfast and super, efficient staff.

My room 2615 is great, but the corridors are starting to look old.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Hackett-family
Langham_Xintiandi, Hotel Manager at The Langham Shanghai Xintiandi, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2013

Dear DailyMailreporter,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your experience in our hotel and for trying our product and service for the first time.It is pleasing to note that from the moment you entered the hotel it felt like more like arriving home and that you are enjoying the excellent room, Club Lounge breakfast and supper as well as the super efficient staff. I have made a note of your comment regards our corridors and we will have this rectified.
Please enjoy the rest of your stay and we hope to see again on your future trips to Shanghai.

Reviewed 25 August 2013

Just finished a 4 day stay at the Langham Hotel which included a conference. There facilities and services are definitely first rate, staff are great and the food also. I don't think there could be a better location for a hotel in Shanghai.

1  Thank Paul D
Langham_Xintiandi, Hotel Manager at The Langham Shanghai Xintiandi, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

Dear Paul D,
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and found our staff, food and location to be first rate.We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back when you next visit Shanghai again.

Reviewed 22 August 2013

A great choice in Shanghai. Great rooms and service. High quality breakfast buffet, and very good restaurant for dinner. Also excellent tea service. Location is excellent. Pool is great. Workout facilities are too small, but good.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Langham_Xintiandi, Hotel Manager at The Langham Shanghai Xintiandi, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2013

Dear Well Traveled Golfer,
Thank you for your post of our hotel on Trip Advisor. We are happy to hear that your stay was good allround from the room to the breakfast, the dinner venue and pool as well as our service. We hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 15 August 2013

Just got back from Shanghai and enjoyed a very comfortable and rewarding 4 days at Langham. I highly recommend this place if you like your hotel young, modern and into gadgets.
From the check-in to check-out service was good, not overly in your face and maybe not as attentive as The Peninsula across town, but the room and the breakfast make up for this. In fact it fits the more modern concept.
The Langham provides you with a cool room that has the Japanese-style toilet that opens up when you walk into your bathroom. The night light gently comes on when you get out of bed at night and the light scenarios can all be controlled from the side of your bed, where you can also hide all those buttons easily in the night stand. The Nespresso machine is a nice touch.
The rainfall shower and large bath tub have a spa-like feel.
The room is great for work with a large glass desk and even some work supplies like pens, stapler, etc. nearby.
Room service was good and efficient, my shirt was perfectly cleaned in no time and the maid respected the "privacy" button I had pressed.
Breakfast comes with nice Spanish ham freshly carved off, fresh juices premixed every day. Yoghurt, often hard to find in China, is freshly made and in premium glasses. They also have a breakfast to-go option, which is perfect if you are on the way to an early meeting.
The location is not on the Bund, so for tourist, who are looking for the classic Shanghai experience, The Peninsula could be the better choice. For business travellers and for tourist looking for the French Concessions and its great shopping, this is the right place.
All in all, a very good experience, I will back.

Dear RoadWorrier17,
Thank you for your detailed review of our hotel. We are happy to hear that your 4 day stay at our property was comfortable and rewarding.It is also heartening to note that you enjoyed the modern facilities of the hotel, the extensive breakfast as well as the good service provided during your stay. Our central location as you have rightly mentioned would suit both corporate and leisure travellers to Shanghai with its abundance of shopping, live entertainment and restaurant venues nearby.
We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 13 August 2013

I am currently staying at the Langham Xintiandi this is my second stay here, thought I would test the waters again after a enjoyable stay 2 months ago. Both instances have been excellent. Whilst I am here on business and a seasoned traveller to China and quite self sufficent, On a number of occasions this trip I needed to use the concierge service which was better than anything else I have experienced in China. I would highly recommend the hotel to anyone visiting Shanghai, the location is second to non and only exceeded by the service standards. This recommendation is not something I would do lightly, I simply felt the service warranted this recommendation.

Stayed: August 2013
Langham_Xintiandi, Hotel Manager at The Langham Shanghai Xintiandi, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2013

Dear Mark B,
We thank you for the outstanding post of our hotel and we are delighted to hear that you are enjoying your time at The Langham Xintiandi. The team will be happy to hear that their efforts in striving to provide friendly intuitive service have not gone unnoticed. Your appreciative post will be shared with the team as an example of how we can exceed our guests expectations in our constant quest for service excellence.
We wish you a successful trip to Shanghai.
Kind regards