“Can I stay here forever?”

The Langham Shanghai Xintiandi
Ranked #6 of 5,104 Hotels in Shanghai
Phoenix, Arizona
“Can I stay here forever?”
Reviewed 5 September 2013

I had a really horrible day of travel and then I arrived at this gorgeous hotel. I am a big fan of the Langham Hotels where they always treat me like a queen and make excellence in product and service an everyday standard. I received a free upgrade to a room so gorgeous and cleverly planned that I want to stay forever. A few hours ago I was a miserable traveler and now I have been pampered, appreciated, and fed a lovely afternoon tea in the delightful Club. What could be better?

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank K56
Langham_Xintiandi, Hotel Manager at The Langham Shanghai Xintiandi, responded to this review, 6 September 2013
Dear K56,
Thank you so much for your review of The Langham Xintiandi and for being a fan of Langham Hotels.The team will be delighted to know that we have been able to make your arrival experience and stay thus far very special. We wish you a delightful stay for the rest of your trip.
Kind regards
Andrew Dartnell

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Hong Kong
Reviewed 4 September 2013

This is the 1st Langham hotel I have ever stayed in and I must say it exceeded my expectations. The location can't be better----cross the road and you're in Xintiandi with shops ; restaurants ; cinema ; cafes , pubs etc that open till very late. Hotel staff are all smiling and the reception staff speak good English. Efficient check-in and chek-out. Porters and front door staff try very hard to communicate with you in English and they're always pleasant. The room is spacious and bathroom supplies are adequate. They have coffee machine / water kettle / assorted tea bags & coffee capsules / complimentary bottled water EVERYWHERE, including one by the bedside, which surely adds a nice touch. They also have iron + ironing board, umbrella and what's best---extension cord and adaptors PLUS bare sockets in all the convenient spots, meaning you don't need to unplug their gadgets in order to use the socket. iphone/ ipad / laptop chargers are there free to use, not to mention free wi-fi throughout. Room and bathroom are clean but they could do with newer/ fluffier / whiter big towels and bath robes. Some holes are found in the pillow cases but at least they're clean. Turndown service every evening and cleaning staff respected the 'Do Not Disturb" sign. Free daily English newspapers. Bathroom is spacious with both handheld and rainshower heads next to a bathtub. The best thing is the shower door could be shut tight and 100% waterproof!!! There'd been too many terrible shower units in the many hotels I'd been to around the world that left the floor all wet afterwards , so I must say Langham has done a very good job to ensure that won't happen. Toilet is in a separate unit that has a box with all the buttons to press to give you a personal 'toilet experience'. Just stayed two nights and didn't get to try their restaurants but MING Court should be good, given MING Court in HK's Langham being Michelin starred. It is in a safe neighbourhood and taxis are plenty. Oh, they even have a whole box of stationery featuring pens / pencils / glue / clips / Scotch post-it note and the usual envelopes and writing paper... you can tell they're trying hard to tend to the small details.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank G1G1MA
Dear Carol C,
We sincerely appreciate the detailed positive review of our hotel and we are happy we have exceeded your expectations. We are glad to note that you enjoyed the room amenities however I have made a note of your comments about our pillowcases and we will ensure this issue is rectified.
We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the not too distant future.
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Business trip to Shanghai (where I lived 2003-5) had a surprise - a wonderful, stylish hotel that I did not know beforehand. It was near the office, but good shopping was just around the corner as well. Mind you, since I left Shanghai, prices have increased dramatically.
The Langham truly provides an oasis where you can dine, relax (they have a large swimming pool, among other things) and enjoy time off.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Paivi616
Dear Paivi616,
Thank you very much for your post on TripAdvisor and we are glad that you have discovered our hotel and enjoyed the facilities on offer. We look forward to your continued patronage of our hotel during your future visits to the city.
wenzhou
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Choose the Langham, Xintiandi, Shanghai for leisure or business in Shanghai, always providing me pleasantly surprise experience. The style of the hotel, the room facilities and service always maintain at fine 5-star hotel standard. The hotel location is perfect, restauants, bars, and traffic to anywhre of shanghai is very convenient. It is worth to mention the front office clarks are very friendly and helpful, esp, duty manage, Alex, Lusia and receptionists as well. Certainly, I will visit soon!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Langham_Xintiandi, Hotel Manager at The Langham Shanghai Xintiandi, responded to this review, 9 September 2013
Dear 459471810
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and that you found the location, restaurants and shopping nearby and our front office receptionists and Duty Managers Louisa and Alex to be friendly and helpful. We look forward to your return .
Kind regards
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 3 September 2013

great location as it is within mins to Xin Tian Di and plenty of eateries around the vacinity.
The room is in good size and comfortable beddings and amenities available.
Very comfortable stay every time I am in Shanghai for business trip.

Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Langham_Xintiandi, Hotel Manager at The Langham Shanghai Xintiandi, responded to this review, 4 September 2013
Dear Joyce_chuang,
We are happy to note that you enjoy your stays at the Langham Xintiandi on your business trip visits to the city. Our enviable location is close to great shopping, dining establishments and entertainment and with easy transport access to other parts of Shanghai.
Thank you for your post and we look forward to seeing you again.
State of Sao Paulo
Reviewed 3 September 2013

When you arrive to The Langham, the first thing you remember it's the fragrance that comes out from the lobby...Everything there is made to make you happy. And if you stay in the business floor, your stay will be perfect.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Airton B
Dear airtonbobrow,
We do appreciate you taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor and we are glad to note that you are happy to make The Langham Xintiandi your Home away from Home when you visit Shanghai. We sincerely look forward to your next visit.
singapore
Reviewed 31 August 2013

I have travelled many times to Shanghai but stayed at the other side of the Huangpu River always. At a colleague's recommendation, I have decided to take the plunge and cross the river to The Langham Xintiandi (I am a creature of habit). What have I been missing all this while??? The hotel is simply fabulous; the enchanting scent, the warm welcome from the doormen or young boys rather, the great service from the staff at the Club Lounge, the glorious food at Ming Court and the beautiful terrace bar (great place to chill outdoor especially now the cool weather).

The location is just so convenient too. Across the street is the famous Xintiandi, plenty of restaurants and bars to hang out with my colleagues after work. Further down is a huge Xintiandi Mall where they have many local interesting designers, not cheap but very chic styles. Close to the hotel is Tianzifang, a very interesting arts and crafts enclave developed from a renovated residential area in the French Concession district. You can actually peeked into someone's kitchen! I found this shop "Pi Ling Ba Lang", (the shop name refers to the sounds of breaking glass) has beautiful china ware in modern Chinese style.

I will be coming back to this hotel as there is no other hotel I would rather stay now in Shanghai. Can't wait to try their afternoon tea in the lobby lounge......must be good as the place has been very crowded the 2 days I was there.

Both thumbs up for Langham Xintiandi.

Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Langham_Xintiandi, Hotel Manager at The Langham Shanghai Xintiandi, responded to this review, 2 September 2013
Dear roadangel,
Thank you so much for your review.It is always encouraging to receive such glowing tributes of our hotel. The team will be delighted to hear of the positive feedback as a result of us of your stay with us.We are glad you enjoyed the location,facilities and service as well as the Food and Beverage outlets. Please feel free to get in touch when you next visit so that I may make a booking for our Afternoon Tea .
We look forward to your return ,