“A very fine restaurant”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Jing'an
Reviewed 6 June 2014

It was business, business on this trip which meant essentially having all meetings in the hotel, this allowed us to accomplish a great deal in under 24 hours.

We chose Leonardo for the dinner meeting and it turned out to be a good choice, clearly the staff are well trained to be unobtrusive when it is clear that dinner is a meeting as well, they were exceptionally discreet at all times managing to keep us served with food and wine without actually interrupting, well done.

It was a quiet night with perhaps just four or five tables which made for the perfect environment, they also did not feel the need to play the usual mindless music one encounters so often now.

The food was good two of us had the carpaccio to start followed by the veal milanese, our colleague had caesar salad followed by pizza.

All of the dishes were excellent and we chose a delicious white burgundy to accompany them sadly though it was the last so we had to switch to a chardonnay of not quite the same lineage but good all the same, note to F&B nothing worse than having the last bottle of something nice, I have heard of just in time but this was just too late.

A good evening and I can recommend for the food, the service and the ambience.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

Where to start? I did not expect such an experience when going to Hilton.
The tables around ours were dirty, and even if the waiters had nothing else to do, they just left them the way they are. When I say dirty, I mean there were some bit of food on them.
The service was not good at all, they came and took our appetizers even if we were still eating.
And the worst of all, well it was the food. Basically, it's closer to reheated frozen food than restaurant food. Both my GF's and my meals tasted like crap, and I do not exaggerate. When you pay this price, you expect at little more than frozen food. The best thing during my diner was the beer, at least it was the same than expected...
Anyway, just avoid it!

2  Thank helios99
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Who would think such a fantastic Italian restaurant was hidden in Hilton shanghai? Yes it's not a busy restaurant just like any restaurant of a hotel in china but what a wonderful dinner we had. The service was very friendly and personalised. My father in law had forgotten his reading glasses and the head waiter proactively found some for him. The Australian beef was to die for and the maccaronies were just delicious. I definitely recommend this address whether you are staying or not in Hilton shanghai.

Reviewed 19 June 2013

Had a wonderful meal with Business associates at Leonardo. A little pricy but the food was good quality. Perfect ambience and professional staff.

1  Thank kmquek
Reviewed 22 May 2013

We enjoyed a gourmet meal there with impeccable service. We met the lady chef as well. A western change from Chinese cuisine.