“A quality hotel in shanghai”

Kerry Hotel Pudong Shanghai
Ranked #24 of 5,206 Hotels in Shanghai
Reviewed 10 May 2013

Service is excellent. From the moment I was picked up by the hotel limousine to being greeted on arrival at the hotel, pre checked in and taken directly to my room, to the staff noting I was full of cold and arranging ginger tea to be delivered to my room & courtesy check up calls, to providing a coffee as I checked out at 5:30 am , to a hassle free transport to the airport for my flight home.

The room spec is high and very comfortable to work from as well as sleep with a strong wifi signal.

Location is good. Close to business, Century Park & the underground market (for gifts for the family) and just 30-45mins from Pudong airport

Room Tip: Deluxe room offers good space for work & sleep
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Peter C, General Manager at Kerry Hotel Pudong Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2013

Dear MrPaul007,

Thank you for choosing the Kerry Hotel Pudong for your visit to Shanghai. I am delighted to learn you enjoyed the overall experience while staying with us. I really appreciate you taking the time to highlight some of the memorable service experiences you received and also the seamless arrival experience.

I am delighted our staff recognized that you were not feeling well and sent you the get well amenity, there is nothing worse than feeling sick when you travel, its great when someone shows that they care. I will try and find out who that staff member was so we can arrange some personal recognition for them. I also appreciate you taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor

Should your travels bring you back to Shanghai, I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Kerry Hotel Pudong soon.

Peter Clarke

Write a ReviewReviews (1,140)

Reviewed 4 May 2013

We had 'staycation' at this hotel last year. The package included some credit for F&B, free entrance to kids play area and Century Park and spa treatment. Amazing kids Adventure Zone, right across from the big Century Park and fun court-yard type of settings with quite few dining options. We went with another family and although their kids had gigantic cookies with their name on waiting in their room when they arrived, our kids received nothing of the sort. Service was a bit spotty. Except the fact that they have amazing kids area, hotel itself is nothing special - modern and good location but nothing to shout about.

Club Premier Park View room was spacious and very nice, but the rate is very high and there is not much room for negotiation, which is unusual in China.

I am not sure if I would return to stay at this place - I might just use the kids' facilities for a day and sleep in my own comfy bed!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Peter C, General Manager at Kerry Hotel Pudong Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2013

Dear Plinia,

Thank you for choosing the Kerry Hotel Pudong for your Shanghai Staycation last year. I was disappointed to learn you were not wowed by the overall experience and while there was some good elements, the whole thing did not just do it for you and your family. Please accept my apologies. I really appreciate you taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. I was happy to see your family enjoyed the Kids Zone and I am sorry about the Cookie delivery, clearly there was some lack of communication on our side for that to happen. Regarding the rate, this is a package that comes with many "value add-ons" to give more value built into the rate, we do also have room only rates available.

As you live in Shanghai, I do hope we have the opportunity to meet in person on your next visit to the hotel so I can extend my personal apologies for the lapses in service you experienced. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Kerry Hotel soon.

Reviewed 30 April 2013

Stayed on the club floors during a recent business trip to Shanghai. Staff could not have been more helpful, the hotel is wonderfully located with subway links and close to the Magliev airport train. Use the hotel shuttle bus. Lots of open spaces nearby for exercise and a huge gym in the hotel. Also linked to a shopping centre with many other dining options. A tip, treat yourself to a Spa treatment

Room Tip: Request a room overlooking the park and towards the financial district
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Andrew A
Peter C, General Manager at Kerry Hotel Pudong Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2013

Dear Andrew A

Thank you for choosing the Kerry Hotel Pudong for your recent visit to Shanghai. I am thrilled you had a great stay. I really appreciate you taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. I was happy to read your tip on our Spa, obviously you enjoyed your visit there and I appreciate you taking the time to mention that.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Kerry Hotel Pudong on your next visit to this wonderful city.

Reviewed 28 April 2013

The location is great for the INternational Exhibition Centre, which is next door, the journey from the airport is also shorter than going across to the other side of the river to the bund area. The area itself is also very pleasant, with Century park just over the road.
The club rooms are large and spacious, and the checking in procedure is simple and efficient.
The lounge has great views and a choice of drinks in the evening, whilst breakfast is more than the usual continental fare, with a choice of eggs, bacon and sausages.
Downstairs there is wide array of eating options, including a wonderful buffet area and a micro brewery.
This is a great hotel in every way, location, rooms, facilities and the service were all superb, this will be my hotel of choice in Shanghai

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank swagman6111
Peter C, General Manager at Kerry Hotel Pudong Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2013

Dear swagman6111,

Thank you for making the Kerry Hotel your Hotel of Choice in Shanghai and thank you for choosing to stay with us. I appreciate you taking the time to rate us on Trip Advisor. As a Senior Contributor your comments are extremely important to us. I really appreciate your kind words and I am delighted that you had a great stay, making the most of our fantastic location and enjoyed the services we have to offer. I hope that we get the opportunity to meet on a future visit.

Thank you for making Kerry Hotel Pudong your "Home from Home" when visiting Shanghai.

Reviewed 27 April 2013

We stayed here for 1 night before continuing on a flight the following morning very early. The hotel sent a car to pick us up and the airport and it was waiting for us after we collected our luggage. We had a nice comfortable ride to the hotel. Once there a nice lady met us at the car and whisked us to our room and did the check-in there. We were very tired after a very long flight and were only there to sleep before leaving very early the next morning to catch a flight. The beds were very comfortable. We left before they were serving breakfast but they did have pastries available in the lobby as we checked out. The hotel again arranged for a car to take us to the airport. It was very quick and comfortable.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank mfanderso
Peter C, General Manager at Kerry Hotel Pudong Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2013

Dear mfanderso,

Thank you very much for choosing The Kerry Hotel Pudong on your recent visit to Shanghai. I appreciate you taking the time to comment about our hotel and you giving us your 'vote of confidence'. I am sorry you did not have more time to truly experience our hospitality and hope you will be able to return on another visit to see what else we have to offer. I hope we have the chance to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 27 April 2013

If you are visiting the new international exhibition center, the hotel is a must to stay in. By passing through the shopping mall, it is a less than 5 minute walk from hotel to the center. The rooms are well furnished, breakfast is satisfactory when you consider you are in China. The staff is very friendly. Only disadvantage is distance to the city center, it takes half an hour by taxi.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Cumhur-2012

Dear Cumhur-2012

Thank you very much for choosing The Kerry Hotel Pudong on your recent visit to Shanghai. I really appreciate you taking the time to comment about our hotel on Trip Advisor. I am delighted you enjoyed your overall stay and the convenience of our location right beside SNIEC ( the Exhibition Center) I hope we have the chance to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 26 April 2013

arrive exhusted at mid-night from a long travel day and we were greeted by friendly and happy staff - the manager even escorted us to our room and explained the features of the room i.e. lights, drapes, shower. The food is excellent - serveral resturants to choose from, cocktail hour excellent, business center has everything accessible, pool and gym is amazing. Everything about this hotel is five star.

Room Tip: club level. offers many many privileges
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank gina m

Dear gina m,

Thank you very much for choosing The Kerry Hotel Pudong on your recent visit to Shanghai. I really appreciate you taking the time to comment about our hotel on Trip Advisor. I am delighted you had a wonderful experience and I appreciate you taking the time to highlight our staff and how engaging they were. I am delighted that you enjoyed the variety of restaurants we have and the Kerry Sports facilities also. I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.