“[ Customer Delight : Attention to details]”

Kerry Hotel Pudong Shanghai
Ranked #12 of 4,998 Hotels in Shanghai
New York City, New York
“[ Customer Delight : Attention to details]”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2013

As a frequent business traveler like myself, whenever I checked in the Club Floor of Pu Dong Kerry Hotel, the attention to details process starts..the cycle time from " Check in" to " settle down in the hotel guest room" always less than < 5 minutes time which is always within the envelop of waiting time tolerance..

For Morning Breakfast, the variety choices of selection by " Make to Orders", tailoring making the tea, the coffee, the eggs & omelets could be cooked to your choice with variety of combination ...
The case for me as repeated customers, no sooner you walk in the Club Floor for breakfast, the staff greeted you just like old acquaintance with welcome greeting, the regular tea and coffee tailor made to your request will be served within minutes...
The Meeting Rooms in Business Center/Club Floor always professionally layout with all required stationery, the meeting room presentation equipments, the printing and copying support for project negotiation is always nicely organized in avoiding the last minutes scrambling hassles....

The check out process is always in expedient manner with accuracy on Statement & Credit Card Record, the Departure arrangement is impeccable details seeing me off just make myself felt "at home" than on business....

Sometimes, I took all these processes for granted, whenI think deeper, these team of experienced staff has no exception to other Teams in hospitality business, attention to details, maintaining every step of "moment of truth" by well trained staff with passion and commitment leads by all round professional leaders..
Again, it is worth for the Value spent...

Room Tip: Always ask for the Club Floor deal and look for Club floor package deal if available...Club floor i...
1 Thank G-Y0303
Peter C, General Manager at Kerry Hotel Pudong Shanghai, responded to this review, 17 May 2013
Dear G-YO303,

Thank you for choosing the Kerry Hotel Pudong for your visit to Shanghai. Thank you so much for the great review on Trip Advisor, I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and have become a frequent guest of ours. I appreciate all the positive comments you made about the staff and the service of our Club Floor and Business facilities, we are not perfect but we try extremely hard to make sure our guest leave with a great experience. I would really like to meet you on your next visit to pass on my personal thanks, if you have time please let me know.

I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to the Kerry Hotel Pudong.

Peter Clarke

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
NSW
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2013

Excellent service, great position. Everything from arrival to departure was spot on. When checking out there as even a free courtesy bus to take you to the train station. I will definately be staying there for any future business trips to Shanghai, and will be recommending the Kerry Hotel to others!!!

1 Thank Brad B
Dear Brad B,

Thank you for choosing the Kerry Hotel Pudong for your visit to Shanghai. Thank you so much for the great review on Trip Advisor, I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for recommending our hotel to others, we really appreciate the positive word of mouth.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2013 via mobile

I've stayed in the Kerry Hotel a fee times and I consider it my favourite hotel in the world! The service there is world class and the staff cannot do enough for you. The hotel facilities are top rate and for the shoppers among you, the hotel is connect to a mall which has stores to appeal to travellers from all over the world.

From the homely smell when you walk through the door of the hotel, to the taste of their own brewed beer, the attention to detail is excellent

The hotel has a number of dining options and the main restaurant "The Cook", offers one of the finest buffet meals I have seen be it breakfast, lunch or dinner.

Your room is serviced regularly throughout the day so it should only be on an exceptional basis that you would have a need to call housekeeping for replacement towels etc.

The only con to the hotel is that it is expensive and the alcohol is pricey too. However the level of service and quality more than makes up for it. Depending on your reason to visit Shanghai the location may not be ideal should you wish to visit Puxi regularly. However taxis are very cheap.

Despite having stayed in the hotel a few times I keep forgetting to sign up for a loyalty card. Maybe the staff will remember me next time? After all like the hotel's MD, I'm Irish too!

Highly recommended.

Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank ImprovisedTravel
Peter C, General Manager at Kerry Hotel Pudong Shanghai, responded to this review, 16 May 2013
Dear ImprovisedTravel,

Thank you for choosing the Kerry Hotel Pudong for your visit to Shanghai. I am thrilled you are a regular here. Thank you so much for the great review on Trip Advisor. I am happy that there was so many reasons for you to love our hotel, facilities and service. I must say we are very proud of everything we can offer our guests, this is definitely a unique experience we can provide at Kerry compared to many of our competitors

As a fellow Irishman, you must make your self known to me on your next visit. If you would like to contact me offline at peter.clarke@thekerryhotels.com I will have your loyalty card (the Shangri-La Golden Circle) prepared before your next visit.

I look forward to hearing back from you and hopefully meeting you on your next visit to the Kerry Hotel Pudong.

Shanghai, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2013 via mobile

Have stayed at Kerry Hotel a few times now since living in Shanghai. It is a great hotel whether traveling for business or pleasure, with or without kids. Many things to do and enjoy right at the hotel or adjacent, whether it is shopping, dining, massage, coffee or cocktails! Incredible gym for adults, and amazing kids area. Nearby Century Park is a beautiful place to go for a walk, run, or stroll. Easy access to public transportation if you wish to head downtown/Puxi. Nice surrounding area for walking around and seeing the daily life.

Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Dear GGG65

Thank you for choosing the Kerry Hotel Pudong for your visit to Shanghai. I am delighted to learn that you are a regular guest of ours and we have become your "home from home" while visiting Shanghai. I really appreciate you taking the time to review us and share your excellent impression of us on Trip Advisor. You really did point out so many of our unique features, which I really appreciate it, thank you so much.

I an delighted that you are a frequent traveller with us, I hope you are also a Golden Circle member. I look forward to meeting you at the Kerry Hotel Pudong soon.

Los Altos, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2013

I always stay in the Kerry when I visit Shanghai. My company's office is close by, my customers are close by and the hotel is close enough to the airport (PVG). Kerry's personnel are very attentive and helpful. The property is new. Rooms are spacious, modern and clean. The Club lounge is great, and so is its staff. The cost is very competitive with other hotels in the area, of comparative cost.

Room Tip: Pay the difference and pick a room on the Club floors. It is well worth it.
Dear Mr1966,

Thank you for choosing the Kerry Hotel Pudong for your visit to Shanghai. I am delighted to learn that we have become your "home from home" while visiting Shanghai and you enjoyed the overall experience while staying with us. I really appreciate you taking the time to review us and share your excellent impression of us on Trip Advisor.

I am happy to learn that you have become a frequent traveller with us and when your your travels bring you back to Shanghai, I hope I have the opportunity to meet you at the Kerry Hotel Pudong soon.

Derby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2013

Service is excellent. From the moment I was picked up by the hotel limousine to being greeted on arrival at the hotel, pre checked in and taken directly to my room, to the staff noting I was full of cold and arranging ginger tea to be delivered to my room & courtesy check up calls, to providing a coffee as I checked out at 5:30 am , to a hassle free transport to the airport for my flight home.

The room spec is high and very comfortable to work from as well as sleep with a strong wifi signal.

Location is good. Close to business, Century Park & the underground market (for gifts for the family) and just 30-45mins from Pudong airport

Room Tip: Deluxe room offers good space for work & sleep
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Peter C, General Manager at Kerry Hotel Pudong Shanghai, responded to this review, 12 May 2013
Dear MrPaul007,

Thank you for choosing the Kerry Hotel Pudong for your visit to Shanghai. I am delighted to learn you enjoyed the overall experience while staying with us. I really appreciate you taking the time to highlight some of the memorable service experiences you received and also the seamless arrival experience.

I am delighted our staff recognized that you were not feeling well and sent you the get well amenity, there is nothing worse than feeling sick when you travel, its great when someone shows that they care. I will try and find out who that staff member was so we can arrange some personal recognition for them. I also appreciate you taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor

Should your travels bring you back to Shanghai, I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Kerry Hotel Pudong soon.

Florence, Italy
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2013

We had 'staycation' at this hotel last year. The package included some credit for F&B, free entrance to kids play area and Century Park and spa treatment. Amazing kids Adventure Zone, right across from the big Century Park and fun court-yard type of settings with quite few dining options. We went with another family and although their kids had gigantic cookies with their name on waiting in their room when they arrived, our kids received nothing of the sort. Service was a bit spotty. Except the fact that they have amazing kids area, hotel itself is nothing special - modern and good location but nothing to shout about.

Club Premier Park View room was spacious and very nice, but the rate is very high and there is not much room for negotiation, which is unusual in China.

I am not sure if I would return to stay at this place - I might just use the kids' facilities for a day and sleep in my own comfy bed!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Peter C, General Manager at Kerry Hotel Pudong Shanghai, responded to this review, 5 May 2013
Dear Plinia,

Thank you for choosing the Kerry Hotel Pudong for your Shanghai Staycation last year. I was disappointed to learn you were not wowed by the overall experience and while there was some good elements, the whole thing did not just do it for you and your family. Please accept my apologies. I really appreciate you taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. I was happy to see your family enjoyed the Kids Zone and I am sorry about the Cookie delivery, clearly there was some lack of communication on our side for that to happen. Regarding the rate, this is a package that comes with many "value add-ons" to give more value built into the rate, we do also have room only rates available.

As you live in Shanghai, I do hope we have the opportunity to meet in person on your next visit to the hotel so I can extend my personal apologies for the lapses in service you experienced. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Kerry Hotel soon.