“Wonderful place to stay”

Kerry Hotel Pudong Shanghai
Ranked #19 of 5,138 Hotels in Shanghai
Reviewed 18 August 2013

We stayed here 4 nights as my husband was on a work course. Right from the start the service was excellent. The room was spacious with large bathroom and extremely comfortable bed and pillows. They service the rooms very thoroughly and offer a turn downservice around 6pm too. We spent 2 great nights in the bar area which offers great food and relaxed atmosphere. The band played some great music. Breakfast buffet is extensive and caters to all tastes. There is a walkway through to shopping mall which has various shops and a great supermarket. My husband enjoyed the gym facilities. Overall a great stay. This hotel is not near the main tourist area of Shanghai but is only $60RMB to the Bund so very reasonable. All staff spoke quite good English and were very polite and helpful.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Littlechooky
Peter C, General Manager at Kerry Hotel Pudong Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2013

Dear Littlechooky,

Thank you very much for making Kerry Hotel Pudong your hotel of choice while visiting Shanghai.I really appreciate you taking the time give us such a great review on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that you and your husband had an excellent stay. I am happy you had the opportunity to explore and enjoy so many of our facilities including The BREW and The COOK's extensive breakfast and also our adjoining mall. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Kerry Hotel Pudong on your next visit to Shanghai.

Warmest Regards,

Peter Clarke

Reviewed 6 August 2013

What can I say that hasn't already been said? Excellent customer service. Loved the free full access to the mini bar and the WiFi. My room was extremely nice, with a beautiful view of the city. So many restaurants and shopping located within the hotel, that I never had to leave the grounds. I will definitely return to this hotel during my next Shanghai visit.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Sherryn B, Diorector of Sales & Marketing at Kerry Hotel Pudong Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2013

Dear Lesley P North Carolina,

We loved your review - thank you for sharing such wonderful comments. We are glad you appreciated the complimentary mini bar and wifi and the amazing views from the guestrrom. Our hotel connection to the shopping mall is certainly convenenient and we are pleased you took advantage of the location

We look forward to your return and look forward to wowing you on your next visit.

Reviewed 1 August 2013

I was there for a trade show in July, the rooms were huge and well appointed, and I loved the freshly brewed Beer at 'The Brew' - It's one of the best I had in China. Overall the services were fantastic, from the concierge to room service and house keeping ladies.

I was there over a week and have decided to try the gym and the pool, I was impressed at the first place, the gym is huge, with TV on treadmills and seems like there are a lot of classes (hot yoga, pilates and a lot more). However, local kids were running around, and no one warn those kids that it's actually quite dangerous... After that I went to the pool, swim a few laps, and kids and their parents are playing in the lap area too... I've told the staff around the pool area but they didn't stop those people. & the pool area is actually VERY crowded at night, I'm talking about 9pm in the evening... that surprises me.

Overall it's a very good stay, I'm tempted to go back to The Brew for some beer, but might try other hotels in the area for better gym and pool facilities.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Sherryn B, Director of Sales & Marketing at Kerry Hotel Pudong Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2013

Dear Bobo L Hong Kong

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We are pleased you enjoyed the guestrrom experience and the BREW - we are proud of our in house crafted beers and we would welcome you back to sample some more.

I would like to discuss your comments on the gym and pool in more detail as we value your comments and I ask if you could contact me on sherryn.bates@thekerryhotels.com before you book your next stay in Shanghai as we would like to have the opportunity to restore your confidence in our recreational facilities..

I look forward to hearing from you and welcoming you back to Kerry Hotel Pudong.

Reviewed 1 August 2013

I stayed for one night at the Kerry Hotel in Pudong on the night before my 30th birthday. It is a 5 minute cab ride or 20 minute walk from the maglev service. The hotel is new and lavish, particularly the gym. The staff are friendly and helpful. It is located in a quieter part of town across the road from a large parks. While it is in a quiet location there is a shopping mall beneath the hotel and a subway station that takes less that five minutes to walk to from the hotel. The subway ride to the financial district takes about 10-15 minutes. The hotel breakfast was great and when I checked out they gave me a birthday cake. Fantastic service!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo

Dear Dom03 Australia,

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are pleased we made a difference and it was our pleasure to acknowledge your birthday - it is not always easy being away from family and friends on a special day and we are thrilled you enjoyed the special touch.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

We were here in the first week of July, and immensly enjoyed the stay here. The staff was very helpful, joyous and extremely courteous too. The food a their restaurant THE COOK has a lot of variety and can be immensely enjoyed by food enthusiasts. The Indian Chef there was very friendly with us and we enjoyed the Indian food too :).

Their gym and swimming pool sections are very good too. The hotel recommended a guided tour to the nearby village, and that tour was also superb. We didn't want to leave Kerry hotel - that's how much we liked it!

-Sudhir

Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Dear S Sudhir K

We are thrilled you enjoyed your recent stay with us. I passed your comments onto both our Executive Chef and Indian Chef, we enjoy the variety as well. During your recreational time we are pleased you sought our help to visit a nearby village and that you had the opportunity to enjoy our pool and gym.

We look forward to seeing you again in KLerry Hotel very soon.

Regards

Reviewed 28 July 2013

I stayed here for business in June 2012, and it was a great experience. We were in town to attend an exhibition at the New Shanghai Expo Center, and it is the perfect location. Definitely a bit pricy for what it was, but ok for a business trip. The hotel breakfast was great - had Asian, European, and American cuisine - LOTS of food options. The happy hour was also great... lots of apps/tapas - to the point that it could have served as a dinner if we'd wanted it to be! The rooms were spacious with decent views. The room staff was great - every time I came back to my room it was organized and my shoes were lined up perfectly. :) The bathrooms were nice and clean.

The only negative I have about the hotel is as far as location, it's great for the expo center, but not great for downtown Shanghai. It's about a 15-30 minute commute, depending on traffic (usually closer for 30). The hotel location doesn't have too much happening, but if you're in town strictly for business with not a lot of extra time, it works.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that overlooks the park.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business

Dear Worldie Travels Atlanta

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel - we are pleased you enjoyed your stay and our service. We love the breakfast too and I have passed your comments onto our Executive Chef.. We look forward to welcoming you back again int he future.

best regards

Reviewed 28 July 2013

I am a regular visitor to the Kerry Hotel in Shanghai.

It's one if the most expensive hotels in the area, but the quality of the experience is always excellent. The staff are particularly friendly & keen to assist.

Worth paying the price especially if you are attending an event at the connected Expo hall.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com

Dear Darren J from Gateshead,

Thank you for sharing your experience and comments. We are very pleased you find the quality of service and staff attention excellent and we look forward to welcoming you back on your regualr visits to Shanghai.