“Excellent Business Travel Hotel”

Kerry Hotel Pudong Shanghai
Ranked #14 of 5,102 Hotels in Shanghai
Toledo, Ohio, Usa
“Excellent Business Travel Hotel”
Reviewed 26 August 2013

This is my fourth business trip to Shanghai, and this hotel by far exceeded my expectations. All stays have been at five stars, but the service and accomodations at the Kerry were outstanding. Especially noteworthy was the healthclub facility. The service throughout the hotel was friendly, proactive, and very western-savvy. Much better at understanding the needs of western business travelers than other hotels I've stayed at.

Room Tip: The only suggestions I have is for better lighting in the bathroom, a longer cord on the hairdryer...
Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com

1 Thank Mariann P
Peter C, General Manager at Kerry Hotel Pudong Shanghai, responded to this review, 26 August 2013
Dear Mariann P,

Thank you very much for choosing Kerry Hotel Pudong for your recent visit to Shanghai, we are glad you found us on your 4th visit to this amazing city. I really appreciate you taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. I am thrilled you had a great stay and enjoyed the service from our staff. I appreciate your feedback on the lighting in the Bathroom and the hair dryer cord, I will personally see what improvements we can make regards these issues.

I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Kerry Hotel in the not to distant future.

Peter Clarke

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 August 2013

An excellent modern hotel. Good food. The home-brewed real ale in the BEER bar is excellent. I recommend the Indian Pale Ale. Staff are very attentive and friendly. Guest rooms are large and very well equipped.

Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com

1 Thank Ric P
Dear Ric P,

Thank you very much for choosing Kerry Hotel Pudong while recently visiting Shanghai. I really appreciate you taking the time to review on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that you had a wonderful stay. Thanks for highlighting THE Brew Bar, as it is quite unique for a hotel to brew its own beers. The IPA is actually our top seller, I am happy you enjoyed it.

Reviewed 24 August 2013 via mobile

I have spent several weeks at Kerry Hotel. Evrything has been perfect from kindness of all employees to exceptionnal sport facilities. Special mention to Joel at the front office, a very kind aussie who is always doing his best to help all the clients and to Francois, a french pastry chef who offers all kind of delicious desserts, pastries and cakes. I will come back !!

Stayed August 2013
Peter C, General Manager at Kerry Hotel Pudong Shanghai, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
Dear Renaud Q,

Thank you for choosing the Kerry Hotel as your home while visiting wonderful Shanghai. Thank you also for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. I appreciate you taking the time to do so. I am delighted you had a fantastic stay and I have shared your kind words with Joel and Francois, they were thrilled you remembered them in your note.

I do hope we have the chance to welcome you back to Kerry Hotel Pudong in the not to distant future.

Queensland
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Most hotel stays are just that, a stay somewhere as comfortable as you can make it for the best price. The Kerry Hotel is a totally different concept I think. It's of course a beautiful 5 star hotel, but it definitely has a different feel to it, as if you were a member of the Kerry Club, if there was such a thing. I found every department very personable and the restaurants a great experience.

The hotel boasts many places to eat but the main 3 are a great concept and branded as, The Cook, the Meat the Brew. The Brew, which is the bar/pub is a great place to have a few drinks and eat. They have their own brewery and sell their own beers and the actual brewery is there in the pub to see! The food was also great with a really good band, but if you are not in the mood for music then you can go to other parts of the Brew including a pool room or solid marquee which has a really good relaxed feel to it. I did not get to eat in the Meat but from what I heard from others guests it is a very good restaurant and I will make sure I go there next time! The Cook is where I ate my breakfast and although I am a eggs and toast man I did delve into the many different types of breakfasts from all over the world, it really was the best breakfast I have had in many years.

The hotel also has the largest fitness centre i have ever been in and the staff told me it was the largest in the city, 8,000 square meters over 3 floors! It also has a great pool.

I simply cannot fault this hotel. I found Pudong had lots to offer, but if you did want to pop into the city centre then you can jump on the very clean and new Metro or take a taxi. The hotel has a great park opposite with jogging tracks and Its close to the airport too!

If you are on business or on holiday with children, this hotel caters for you! Simply great.

Room Tip: If you are landing at Pudong International Airport then I suggest you get on the Maglev train which...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank JOHNPUNCH
Peter C, General Manager at Kerry Hotel Pudong Shanghai, responded to this review, 21 August 2013
Dear JohnPunch,

Thank you very much for choosing the Kerry Hotel Pudong as your hotel of choice in Shanghai.I appreciate you taking the time give us such a great review on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that you had a very comfortable and enjoyable stay with us and that you enjoyed so many of our unique facilities.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Kerry Hotel Pudong on your next visit to Shanghai and I hope you have the time to enjoy our Steak House and Grill The Meat on that visit, you wont be disappointed.

I look forward to seeing you at Kerry Hotel in the near future.

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 19 August 2013

In 10 years of traveling through Asia, we’ve experienced a lot of different hotels. The Kerry is by far my favorite in China. Thankfully, I get to call it my home 4-5 times each year. It is a top-shelf establishment in every way; from the comfortable rooms with complimentary mini-bar to the outstanding food and exemplary service provided by the staff. The front desk manager, Joel, always greets me by name and makes certain my stay is satisfying.

I do not agree that the location is a bit inconvenient. The Kerry is only a 10-15 minute car ride from the Bund, Jin Mao Tower, Shanghai World Finance Center, Pearl TV Tower and new Shanghai Center. With the beautiful Century Park right across the street, I cannot think of a better location for this 5-star hotel.

A big thank you to Joel and his team! See you in September. David Cox

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room overlooking Century Park. Westerners will love the Blue Frog restaurant nex...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
7 Thank David C
Dear David C,

Thank you very much for making Kerry Hotel Pudong as your residence in Shanghai.I really appreciate you taking the time give us such a great review on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that you love our hotel and our location. I agree that no matter when you stay in Shanghai, you always have to jump a cab for a 10 or 15 minute ride ( should you feel the need to leave the hotel!!), so staying at Kerry give you more feeling of space and comfort. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Kerry Hotel Pudong on your next visit to Shanghai in September.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 18 August 2013

We stayed here 4 nights as my husband was on a work course. Right from the start the service was excellent. The room was spacious with large bathroom and extremely comfortable bed and pillows. They service the rooms very thoroughly and offer a turn downservice around 6pm too. We spent 2 great nights in the bar area which offers great food and relaxed atmosphere. The band played some great music. Breakfast buffet is extensive and caters to all tastes. There is a walkway through to shopping mall which has various shops and a great supermarket. My husband enjoyed the gym facilities. Overall a great stay. This hotel is not near the main tourist area of Shanghai but is only $60RMB to the Bund so very reasonable. All staff spoke quite good English and were very polite and helpful.

1 Thank Littlechooky
Dear Littlechooky,

Thank you very much for making Kerry Hotel Pudong your hotel of choice while visiting Shanghai.I really appreciate you taking the time give us such a great review on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that you and your husband had an excellent stay. I am happy you had the opportunity to explore and enjoy so many of our facilities including The BREW and The COOK's extensive breakfast and also our adjoining mall. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Kerry Hotel Pudong on your next visit to Shanghai.

China Grove, North Carolina
Reviewed 6 August 2013

What can I say that hasn't already been said? Excellent customer service. Loved the free full access to the mini bar and the WiFi. My room was extremely nice, with a beautiful view of the city. So many restaurants and shopping located within the hotel, that I never had to leave the grounds. I will definitely return to this hotel during my next Shanghai visit.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Sherryn B, Diorector of Sales & Marketing at Kerry Hotel Pudong Shanghai, responded to this review, 12 August 2013
Dear Lesley P North Carolina,

We loved your review - thank you for sharing such wonderful comments. We are glad you appreciated the complimentary mini bar and wifi and the amazing views from the guestrrom. Our hotel connection to the shopping mall is certainly convenenient and we are pleased you took advantage of the location

We look forward to your return and look forward to wowing you on your next visit.

Best regards