“Really nice”

Kerry Hotel Pudong Shanghai
Ranked #20 of 5,159 Hotels in Shanghai
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Two small things stop me from awarding 5 stars. Firstly, being propositioned for an in room 'massage' in the lift on my arrival. I'd really expect such a top class hotel to have more control over ladies 'working' the guests. Secondly, the bar is too small for live music, as once inside I couldn't hear my colleague sitting next to me. Better than a lot of Shanghai hotels I've stayed in, and with the shopping mall next door, a great location too.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank BaselTiger

Reviewed 6 November 2013

I have stayed at the Kerry Hotel many times for business purposes. If you need to be on the east side of Shanghai, I can't think of a better place to stay. There are excellent F&B options, and the rooms are large and comfortable. It's location as part of the Kerry Parkside Mall gives many more easy options for dining and shopping. The staff is friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: ask for a room that overlooks the Park and downtown Shanghai. Otherwise, you are pretty much looking...
Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com
Sherryn B, Director of Sales & Marketing at Kerry Hotel Pudong Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2013

Dear Tori M,

We are glad you always enjoy your stays with us at Kerry and that you really enjoy the option of restaurants available within the hotel and also next door at Kerry Parkside Shopping Mall. Our Park View rooms are fabulous and if you want to enjoy a relaxing stroll thru the Park contact our Concierge for entry passes.

Hoping to see you again soon.

Regards

Sheryrn Bates

Reviewed 2 November 2013

I stayed at the Kerry Hotel for a night while in Shanghai for business and I really wished I've had a few more nights here. For starters, my room was fabulously quiet. Granted it was at the end but the air conditioning was soundless and traffic noise completely absent (I was on the 13th floor). And, no sound of people talking loudly outside the hall way or banging doors close. I am a very light sleeper and with jet lag it does not take much to wake me up so I really appreciate the quietness.

The gym was absolutely amazing. One of the bests. Even if you don't work out you should start there!

The restaurant "The Cook" was ok for breakfast. Food was laid out linearly on a long buffet set up but I thought Le Meridian across the bunt was much better.

There is a mall connected to the hotel and the subway station is in the bottom level of the mall-all extremely convenient.

Overall, one of the best (if not the best) hotel I've stayed in for business!

Room Tip: My room at the end of the floor was super quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Ivan O

Thank you for your wonderful comments about your recent stay in Kerry Hotel. We have taken note of your quiet room request for your next stay and we will continue to work on and improve our breakfast layout experience.

We hope to welcome you back soon and again thank you for taking the time to share your very positive experience.

Best Regards

Reviewed 1 November 2013

The perfect location if you go to the exhibitiaon center.
Hotel have nice restaurant, nice bar, very nice room and a perfect service !
On top you can go walking in a great park.
I will comeback for next exhibition.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Dear Philippe17,

Thank you for your great comments - we hope the next exhibition is in the near furture.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

Excellent hotel all round. Check in was super quick on an I pad whilst being taken up to my room.
Room was very clean and furnished to high standard.
Gym was enormous and really well equipped. Good bar next to reception, own brewed beers on draught. Below the hotel is a shopping centre with at least 10 places to eat, varied cuisine styles.
If I had to find a fault, I know it's a great hotel but paying nearly £30 for breakfast is stretching it.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Dear DaveyGravy Cumbria,

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful comments about your recent stay at Kerry Hotel Pudong.

We are disappointed you did not find value in the breakfast price - can I ask you to contact myself or our Reservations team direct on your next trip and we can provide some packages inclusive of breakfast that may suit your needs better.

We are glad you loved the service and had a great stay experience.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

it was the best hotel we stayed with really professional staff ready to fulfill all your expectations and demands! the hotel is perfectly situated close to the most important sightseeing places of shanghai and of course is right next door to the exhibition center of shanghai!

Room Tip: very clean,comfortable,the room amenities provided you with all you could ask for,really we felt li...
1  Thank Lena T

Dear Lena T

We loved reading your review, thank you for taking the time to share it with us and TripAdvisor readers.

We hope you have the opportunity to come back and visit us again.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

I found this property is best to stay in Shanghai. The staff is very good and customer centric approach. Restaurants are good and have variety which you can choose. Good for vegie people too for staying

Dear Rajesh R,

We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us and rated Kerry Hotel as the best property to stay in Shanghai. Thank you

Our international team of Chefs do try to provide cuisine for all tastes and we do have a variety of tasty vegie options.

We hope you have the opportunity to visit us again soon.