One can tell that the Shangri-La Group certainly put a lot of thought into the concept of the Kerry Hotel Pudong. From the in-house brewery to the casual breakfast experience, I applaud the marketing and engineering people.
However, the execution can not live up to this standard:
- great idea to have a free mini bar. But the fridge is unplugged and can only be turned on after a staff member pulls out the entire piece. I eventually ended up ordering room service, but then what's the point of the free mini bar?
- the casually dressed breakfast staff hands you a free paper and flips over the sign on your table that states that you are still working on your breakfast - great. But when the cappuccino that I ordered did not arrive after twice reminding them, the positive first impression is lost.
- I used the free shoe cleaning service - but at 8am the shoes were not returned and I had to call down and wait 15min for them to be brought up.
The list continues. All in all, I would give them a chance and see the concept for yourself. If you want a perfect stay and not worry I would recommend the more expensive but great Langham in Xintiandi.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Flowing seamlessly within the new Kerry Parkside complex, integrating the hotel with an office tower, serviced residences and lifestyle retail mall, Kerry Hotel Pudong, Shanghai is located in the heart of Pudong, opposite Century Park, the largest eco-park in Shanghai. While directly connected to the Shanghai New International Expo Center (SNIEC), the hotel is easily accessible to the rest of the Shanghai metropolis via the underground metro within the complex. Pudong International Airport is 30 minutes away by car and 15 minutes away by Maglev train. The hotel's 574 rooms and suites, most with expansive Century Park views, are designed for optimum ease in work rest and leisure, with complimentary broadband and wireless internet access. For those seeking a more personalised experience, The Club offers seven floors of exclusive accommodation, access to the Club Lounge, complimentary daily breakfasts, evening cocktails, express check-in and check-out, butler and concierge service and host of other privileges. Anchoring the hotel's lifestyle experience is an innovative three-in-one integrated destination for dining, entertaining and socialising: The COOK (international ala carte with open kitchens and gourmet deli), The MEET (steakhouse and grill) and The BREW (craft brewery). Kerry Sports, spanning 6,000 square metres across three levels, comprises a 24-hour fitness centre, an indoor swimming pool, a wellness spa, outdoor tennis court and basketball court, studios for yoga (including hot yoga), pilates, spinning, boxing and aerobics, and the Adventure Zone, an indoor children's playground. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Travelbag, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Kerry Hotel Pudong Shanghai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.