“Made me consider taking a walking tour in every city I visit.” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
Private Shanghai Gangster Tour
Ranked #8 of 105 Tours in Shanghai
More attraction details
Owner description: The only company to have won 2015 TripAdvisor Certificates Of Excellence in both Shanghai and Beijing, Newman Tours' native English speaking guides use iPads, and Chinese cultural activities to ensure your tour is informative and memorable. We have more than five years' experience leading historical and interactive tours in Beijing, Hangzhou, Suzhou, Nanjing, Xi'an, Tianjin, and of course Chengdu.
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Made me consider taking a walking tour in every city I visit.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2011

My girlfriend and I took the Ancient Shanghai tour last month with Newman Tours and could not have been more satisfied. I usually don't bother with tours when on holiday but this one has made me reconsider. It provided us with loads of information that we never would have picked up on had it not been for the tour. It was also presented in an amusing style and the interactive elements worked well. We were also impressed by our young British guide's Chinese language skills.

1 Thank utterinertia

bristol
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Thorough and interesting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2011

Daniel is a wonderful guide and took me on a number of private tours in Shanghai and Hangzhou. His knowledge of Chinese history (and of the local history) is excellent and what he doesn't know he has readily available on his iPad.

The tours were interesting and Daniel always goes the extra mile to make sure that you get value. He has plenty of anecdotes up his sleev to keep it interesting but relevant.

I did tours in the ancient city, the French Concession and the Bund in Shanghai and enjoyed them all. Hangzhou was also great (its beautiful) and and the restaurant he took me to was lovely.

Visited July 2011
Kolkata, India
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Fabulous ghost tour of Shanghai!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2011

It was absolutely great to be out with Tony on that rainy night. He made the rain gods make the ambience just right for a ghost tour. Was good fun to be with him exploring the many spooky stories and he has inspired me to start some of my own Ghost Tours in Calcutta.
Thank you guys.
(The Uyghur restaurant you chose was fabulous too.)

Visited July 2011
2 Thank ExplorerIfte
Sydney, Australia
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Great history tour of the Bund”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2011

I really enjoyed the Bund Tour by Newman Tours. My guide provided a history of Shanghai first, which really helped in understanding why all the lovely buildings on the Bund were built. What was particularly great was that we went inside the buildings to see the spectacular interiors.
My guide also had plenty of information and photos about the characters that helped create the Bund.

Houston, Texas
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Ghost Tour was excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2011

We booked the Ghost Tour for our family with 8 year old children. Christopher was a fantastic tour guide. He shared interesting stories, took us on a little walk and ended the tour with some water calligraphy lessons on the sidewalk. We attracted quite a crowd of local people being curious, very funny.
The dinner he took us to, was authentic, good and fair priced.
We would always recommend this tour.

2 Thank VitelloTonatto