“Friendly and enjoyable stay at AQUASPACE”

Aquaspace Shanghai Serviced Apartment
Aquaspace Shanghai Serviced Apartment
Ranked #68 of 324 Speciality Lodging in Shanghai
Reviewed 20 May 2013

We have now been with AQUASPACE for one year. Initially we were just here short term but we were very happy with them as our landlord and felt well looked after so decided to stay. The location is great, walking distance to both line 2 and line 9 metro stations and only one stop to the other side of the river. Also the ferry is close by so one is able to get to the famous bund with a short trip across the river, great views of both sides and very cheap. The Yanlord Garden grounds are very green and there are two outdoor pools to cool off in or relax at over the summer. The grounds also offer BBQ facilities, a clubhouse with an indoor pool and basic gym equipment as well as a great convenience store stocking a number of foreign products. There are also tennis, squash, basketball and badminton courts among other facilities.
The AQUASPACE staff have been most helpful and accommodating with all our needs.

• Stayed: May 2013
There are newer reviews for Aquaspace Shanghai Serviced Apartment

Reviewed 2 May 2013

I rented an apt of Aquaspace for biusiness and stay almost one year.Everything is nice,the apartment is very beautiful,the service is excellent,all the customer service girls are warm and kind and quick efficient to solve the problems,the traffic is also very continent for me to go out.The twice a week cleaning service is very humanized,I am so appreciated with all the endeavor the Aquaspace team do. But cause my own business adjust.I had to leave here,so nice experience in Aquaspace and I will choose It again if I will back to SH.

Room Tip: quiet, Green good! Some apartments can see Huang Pu River,beautiful view.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Gluis L
Reviewed 13 September 2012

Our party of three recently stayed at the Aquaspace apartments for just over one week. The staff, location and apartment all helped us have a fantastic holiday in Shanghai.

Our apartment met all our needs. Apartment staff also assisted us with translation, and purchases as we required as well as providing a late check out which was a fantastic end to our holiday and helped us prepare for our long flight home without haste... arriving at the airport clean, fresh and ready to fly.

The location also suited us... close to the huslte and bustle of the shopping malls of Pudong and a short walk to the very cheap ferry that landed us right onto the Bund. Thsi was combined with our apartment that looked out on to the river provided us with some great night and day entertainment.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Cindy F
Reviewed 13 August 2012

I stayed at Aquaspace for one week in May. This is truly one of the best accommodations I have ever stayed at. It’s reasonably priced, in a great location and the staff are awesome.
The Aquaspace complex is on the Pudong side of the Bund which might not immediately appeal to people visiting Shanghai, however, it really is very close to the Bund. It is a short walk to the ferry which regularly goes across to the Bund and back and our apartment balcony had a glorious view of the Bund, day and night. The ferry does stop at a certain time of the evening but taxis are very cheap in Shanghai (although not as cheap as the ferry, which is about 20 cents a ride).
The Aquaspace complex is huge, with a lot of short and long term residents. A minor inconvenience is that the concierge desk was not near our building which is a little frustrating initially and also if we needed to get hold of them quickly. Also, it is true that there is no phone within the apartments to call the concierge, so you ideally need a Chinese SIM or some other way to contact them. It would be terrific if they did something about that.
The complex has a number of facilities that you can access. We didn’t bother with the pool or gym but the convenience store was great as was the massage salon which was excellent, very professional and very cheap.
The apartments themselves are gorgeous, so luxurious. There were two of us (not a couple) and we had a three bedroom apartment with a bathroom each, a full spacious kitchen and full laundry facilities. There is wireless internet and cable TV (although how you could possibly stay indoors in Shanghai is beyond me!). The Illy coffee machine was great. Cleaning was 3 times per week (plenty for me, I like to be left alone). I appreciate that some people may want daily cleaning and fresh towels and linen every day, but all in all I think it is worth it to choose Aquaspace.
I had some initial difficulties getting the deposit money to Aquaspace from Australia and I was very impressed at how the management and staff handled this. They ended up instructing us not to bother with a deposit, made the confirmation for us and just asked for full payment on arrival, which we thought was very trusting of them. We were made to feel very welcome and when a few things needed attention (the fridge died on us; the balcony door didn’t shut properly) it was always attended to professionally and politely.
Additionally, the lovely girls at the concierge desk spent a lot of time helping us with finding places we wanted to go, and writing out detailed instructions in Chinese for taxi drivers. As a non-Chinese speaker in Shanghai you really need this sort of support.
Aquaspace is close to the Bund, walking distance to Jinmao Tower and Oriental Pearl Tower etc on the Pudong side. It really is a great location. Additionally, the MagLev fast train from Pudong International Airport stops at LongYang Road which is a short taxi ride from Aquaspace.
I heartily recommend Aquaspace and would most definitely stay there again on any return trip to Shanghai.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank magnoona
Reviewed 29 July 2012

Idealy located in Pudong, they provide bicycles for free, very convenient to discover Pudong even during summer.
Don't forget to negociate directly with the manager the free entrance of the swimming pool prior confirmation of your booking.

• Stayed: July 2012
Sophie T, Manager at Aquaspace Shanghai Serviced Apartment, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2012

Greetings from Aquaspace,

Thank you very much for taking time to review our apartment and service. It's been a pleasure to have you stay with us, and we are glad you had a good time in Shanghai!

The seasonal outdoor pool in our complex is indeed a plus during your stay, and we will continue with the summer promotion in the coming years. Our 2 bedroom Family Suites are ideal for family travelers for longer stay, and with all the convenience facilities we provide, we hope to make guests feel at home.

Hope to see you again!

Reviewed 9 July 2012

Stayed in a business suite during my work visit to Shanghai in March for about a month. The suite is on 26th floor with view to the river, was very pleasant. Liked its design and spacious rooms, and for myself it was nice not to have housekeeping coming over everyday like hotels.

Access to the gym and facility has to be through concierge desk with a small extra fee, and service normally needs a couple of hours reservation, but the staff were friendly. This place is good for a longer period of stay, but if just for a few days, I'd still choose a hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 16 July 2012

Greetings from Aquaspace,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our establishment! I’m very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with Aquaspace Serviced apartments. We are known for our spacious apartments and I'm happy that you enjoyed that. I apologize for any inconvenience the gym and other facilities may have caused, but I hope that didn't affect your stay with us. We hope to be able to serve you on your next stay in Shanghai!

Reviewed 9 July 2012

I recently spent a month in Shanghai on business. I stayed with Aquaspace in one of their business suite apartments. The apartment was quite large (120 sqm) with all of the amenities I needed. The study had a nice view of the river and I was only a 5 minute walk from my office in the World Financial Center.
It would be hard to call Aquaspace a hotel. It is more a series of apartments in a very nice compound. I found the service team to be very polite and responsive when I needed them though. If you are looking for 5-star service than perhaps this is not the place for you but if you want a beautiful apartment in a great location than I would highly recommend Aquaspace.
I loved the illy espresso machine in the kitchen!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 16 July 2012

Greetings from Aquaspace,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our establishment! It is reassuring to hear that you had a wonderful stay with our apartments. Aquaspace Serviced Apartments is known for its location and spacious accommodations, I hope you took full advantage of that and had a chance to explore the surrounding Lujiazui area as well as rest in the spacious apartment after your adventures. We really would like to encourage all customers with Aquaspace to tell us the good and bad of their stay so we can further improve on the good parts and correct the mistakes to give the customer a better experience.