“Fantastic venue”
Review of CHAR bar and grill

CHAR bar and grill
Ranked #33 of 17,149 Restaurants in Shanghai
Price range: US$45 - US$121
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: South Bund
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Great view from the river side, make sure to book a table at the window.
Food was delicious, my friends all enjoyed beefsteaks ie the wagyu and dry-ages, I loved my lamb shank very much, service was friendly and attentive, even got someone's able to recommend the wine, not expensive. Went up to the bar upstairs, the view is so fabulous and many people there, I had one of the best espresso martini. Will come back soon

MADJI MAHMOUD

9  Thank Madji M

Reviewed 20 June 2014

We live in shnaghai and often we take our visitors to this place. Great outside terrace and fantastic view of the Bund. Good place to go and have some drinks before eating out. Be mindfull that they only open after 5 PM!

8  Thank Ronald3D
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Char is the excellent venue to dine in shanghai, I just had my birthday dinner here.
We're sitting at the table with breathtaking view, food was not cheap but quite fair to what I've paid ,I had the wagyu filet it was yummy, great service maids, my Pinot noir was served in a perfect temperature, it's an exception as many restaurant don't know what is it.
Bar is another spot, attentive and friendly service, the view was just spectacular.
I definitely recommend this restaurant.

8  Thank Paul V
Reviewed 10 June 2014

There are many Shanghai restaurants with great views of the Bund. This one is particularly good as it presents a slightly different angle - you get to see both sides. Food was superb (but expensive). I had the tuna and was amused to be offered the steak knife selection along with my beef-eating friends. For entertainment, I chose the largest knife. Inside, the restaurant has a cozy feel - I like that the tables wrap around 2 sides of the building so that it doesn't feel like one big crowded room. And all tables seem to have some sort of view. Upstairs, the terrace bar is great - very good cocktails and of course the excellent view. The indoor section of the bar looked warm and cozy, so still a reason to go in winter.

8  Thank Tralmix
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We hosted an event at Char and we knew we would get great decor and excellent views. What we also got was outstanding service, great attitude from the staff and a sense of hospitality that contributed to our fantastic evening. Will go there again and recommend it as our preferred venue for entertaining in town. Thank you Bradley, Karina and your teams!

8  Thank GVVSH