“Great location”

Price range: US$30 - US$100
Cuisines: Chinese, Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Lujiazui
Description: The very stylish and contemporary Flair Restaurant & Bar takes pride of place at the very top of The Ritz-Carlton Shanghai, Pudong on the 58th floor – making it the highest al fresco dining venue in China. Designed by Super Potato, the indoor decor is a warm blend of rustic and contemporary designs creating a loft-like lounge ambience, while the outdoor setting is casually elegant and relaxed with lounge sofas offering breathtaking views of the Huangpu River and across Shanghai. At Flair, mesmerizing Asia staples from Japan, Indonesia, Vietnam, India, China and Thailand are served tapas style, while the sushi and raw seafood bar will further enhance guest’s choices. The beverage menu is extensive offering signature cocktail and spirit selections alongside 40 types of vodka, and fashionable small-distillery rums. With its 100 indoor and 132 outdoor seats, Flair offers a superb setting for hosting corporate and/or private functions and parties. Dress code: Smart Casual (No flip-flops, beach sandals, plastic footwear; No sleeveless shirts or shorts for gentlemen)
Reviewed 11 July 2014

If you are looking for the best view of Shanghai, the Perl tower, and a cool place to have a drink and dinner the rooftop here is for you. We are a family of four, and went there for drinks and some light dinner, The drinks were great although very pricey at over $20 us each, and the food was similarly overpriced. But, it is worth going for the view. Do not expect quick service.

Sushi and stir fried rice were very good.

Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Maybe it's a Sunday night there isn't a crowd like the one in Bangkok no loud music, no energy and especially the lights of the city is switch off. Even the sky bar at HCM has more energy and it's alive at tis hr. Last order is at 12 pm so don't come at at 12 pm.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

This is the highest outdoor bar in Shanghai, and with the Pearl Tower floating before your eyes.
Prices are sky-high, but I think worth for the experience.

I was only disappointed by the complicated booking of table. I wanted to book it for outside and they told me only for guests. Fortunately our membership of the Ritz Carlton was accepted for the reservation. But didn't understand, why they did it so impossible when it wasn't even crowded.
This is definitely a must visit in Shanghai, but don't forget of booking.

1  Thank NesEvee
Reviewed 14 May 2014

When I arrived at the bar this evening and I requested a table outside, I was informed of the minimum charge - which I was previously aware of and so accepted.

I was told again about the charge as we walked outside.

As I was shown to my table it was suggested that maybe I would be more comfortable drinking inside as there was no minimum charge inside.

As I ordered my drink I was informed of the minimum charge.

After a couple of drinks, and still frustrated by these unwelcoming initial conversations, I asked for the bill - And was told again about the minimum charge.

I told the waitress that I just wanted the bill so I could leave. The bill then came WITHOUT the minimum charge! I questioned why this was, despite the ridiculous arrival conversations and I was told that the staff cannot enforce the policy if the guest is unwilling to pay it. However, I WAS willing to pay it - and I had come to the bar knowing that they had a minimum charge policy. So I then asked that the bill be corrected to reflect the agreed minimum charge, which they finally did.

This is a lesson in how to spoil what could have been a pleasant experience in this great roof top bar.

I obviously won't be coming back - as clearly I appear to be someone who is unable to afford to buy a drink in the Ritz Carlton.

5  Thank dklondon
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Flair has one of the nicest rooftop bars in Shanghai!

The view from there is really amazing, being right next to the Pearl Tower.

The service is good and drinks a prepared quite well.

The only downside is the price that comes with it: Being on top of the Ritz Carlton, of course you do not expect it to be cheap, but a minimum spend of 400RMB per person (at least in the summer) is quite a lot just to be able to go to the bar, but you can expect a top quality in product and service!

1  Thank malteweege