“Andaz”

Andaz Xintiandi Shanghai
Ranked #28 of 5,112 Hotels in Shanghai
Reviewed 5 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed there for 3 rooms for 3 nights in November 2013(8th - 11th)
Overall the service is fine except on the 3rd day I return from the town around 4 : 30pm and my room is still not start to be cleaned. Finally it is finished around 5 :30 pm. So I hv to stay in my mom's room and wait .therefore,both of my mom and me could not take rest even we plan to take some rest before we go out again
My son, one of our room check out one day earlier than the other 2 rooms. My son talked to one of the receptionist that he will leave his key for us ( as we fully paid for 3 rms for 3 nights) however, when we go back to the hotel no one knows about this and ask us to call my son . He did not turn on the phone
and is on the way to the airport. My daughter tried hard to send him a message then got his reply and show it to the hotel staff. Finally it takes very long time to reissue a key to us.
On the day we left, we have checked out our 2 rooms first and keep one room until 2 pm as agreed . We have order some crabs from a shop and the guy will deliver the crab to our rm at 1 pm. When we made the order we dont know which rm we will keep therefore we ask the guy to quote one of our rm no. then we told the receptionist that if someone look for us by quoting one of our rm no.
he should tell him the rm no. which we keep so he could
reach us. We wait in our room until 1 45 pm and call the guy. In fact he arrived the hotel at 1 pm and quoted our rm no. And was told that we hv checked out our rooms already so the guy is planning to leave the hotel after waiting for 45 mins . Only luckily we could reach him by phone after waiting for 45 mins for both parties.
I think this is very important for a prestige hotel like Andaz to hv a reliable system to keep client's message and beware of this.
Hope the hotel management could look into the above matters and have some way to improve.
The hotel is nice and the staff overall is good
However , the above incidents are really annoying
I also prepaid for 2 nights in Dec before I make the trip in Nov
I hope this time I could enjoy better the ANDAZ

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank HanaHongKong_China
There are newer reviews for Andaz Xintiandi Shanghai

Reviewed 4 December 2013

Stayed here for 5 nights on a business trip.

What I like
- hotel is next to XinTianDi. Lots of choices for food and places to relax.
- hotel location is good with a lot of shopping areas around.
- bathroom shower area is fantastic.. Cave like design with strong water pressure

What I don't like
- only one dustbin in the room
- no full length mirror other than the one on the sliding door inside the toilet. You have to close the door to see the mirror.
- the hand and face towels are placed in the lowest shelve below the basin. They usually should be placed beside the basin for easy access.
- limited spread for the morning breakfast,

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank sengkangboy
Reviewed 22 November 2013

I stayed in Andaz because our meetings were being held there. It is a Hotel of surprises from the moment you walk in the door and all the little touches really make a difference and are a pleasant addition to your stay and you can see that this is not just another hotel. When checking in, the staff offer you a welcome drink and the reception desk is very different and staff friendly and helpful. The room was just amazing, with the Led lights in the room and bathroom, the granite shower and the fantastic 'Japanese' style electronic toilet with all it's 'bells and whistles'. The room was really well designed with large window, great storage space for a case, comfy bed and really nice drinks and snacks selection which are free apart from the alcohol! Reasonable selection for breakfast with helpful staff and had a good Chinese dinner or there are western alternatives too. Don't forget to take time out for a walk along the Bund which is only a cheap taxi ride away. Didn't use the pool etc, although a colleague said that she had the best massage ever in the spa. All in all would return again in a heartbeat!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank TheBish
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Interesting but functional modern design, good location, exceptional service - and at a reasonable price. Very much enjoyed the modern room design, particularly impressed by the granite walled showers. Service was impeccable - not that I was overly demanding - mini bar non-alcoholic drinks and snacks were free, pleasant lobby area, free wine at happy hour...

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank JSMunn
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I enjoyed staying at the Andaz in Shanghai. It's short walking distance to the bars and restaurants in Xintiandi. Excellent staff, Great rooms, Decor is very hip, Love the lighting control in room and bathroom.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Everything is nice and clean. It's a good stay and the service makes me feel comfortable.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Yenn_Yenn
Reviewed 13 November 2013

We really were blown away by the staff of this hotel. Across the board, from the bell staff to the front desk to the lounge to the spa to housekeeping, everyone seemed genuinely concerned that my partner and I had an epic vacation. Whether it was ice for the room or a taxi to a restaurant or a late checkout, requests were granted quickly and efficiently.

We especially appreciated the little complimentary touches throughout the hotel. Non-alcoholic drinks in the room minibar are free, there's an espresso machine in the lobby that's available to guests throughout the day, and there's a happy hour with complimentary wine from 5-7pm daily. Each day, we'd return from our day of sightseeing to relax in the lounge to plan out our evening with a glass (or three) of wine. Upon checkout, the staff gave us some postcards and luggage tags as departure gifts.

The property itself is gorgeous, with trendy, modern decor. Rooms are sleek yet functional (we also experienced some difficulty with lighting before figuring out that most room controls are contained within the nightstand drawer). The hotel is in an excellent location on the eastern edge of the French Concession, adjacent to Xintiandi and the Huangpi South subway station. We didn't dine at the hotel at all. There are decent restaurants at Xintiandi, or even better ones 1-2 subway stops from the hotel. in the heart of the French Concession or at the Bund.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high-floor on the side that overlooks the skyscrapers of Pudong.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple