I was on a business trip (14th-17th April 2014) and get to booked this hotel brand because it's close to Shanghai World Expo Venue as well as i got good experience with Ibis Darling Harbour Sydney in Feb 2014. Nothing to shout about the room as it's clean with basic ammenities, especially with the price i paid for. What really annoyed me was the bad and ignorant service i recieved from the service staff. Please see following.
1) Breakfast was really meant to cater for local Chinese. Maybe it was meant to be. Varieties was limited and i couldn't find anything that i could tuck in. Asked the staff why not even a single western dish, replied i got was 'i don't know'. The way they replenished the food was like in prison cell. House guest was seen everywhere in every corner having their breaky. Some even stood down to have it. What i've got from my Sydney stay was totally the opposite. I ended up having to get my breakfast from the nearby bakery shop.
2) Securities was really not up to the minimum which i expect hotel to exercise especially from the Accor Branding. Everytime i get back to my room, i will find 'inviting' namecards in room, i mean those looking for vice activities.
3) I sent my suits for pressing and what i got back was exactly or worst than before. The hangers and wrapping was exactly the same when i sent it in. The staff was very positive that it's has been pressed and i was made to pay for it without much choice. I wanted to iron myself and requested for the iron and board but was told they are very busy and if i need it, i will need to go and coillect it myself. Imagine i paid for the laundry pressing and evetually get it pressed myself.
4) All i realised after my stay was, whatever you asked or requested for, the reply will be negative. What i felt from this hotel staffs is simple, 'after you've check-in, please do not bother us again'.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, ACCOR, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ibis Shanghai World Expo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.