“Great way to end your sightseeing or business day”
Review of Miki Tours

More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I have used Miki Tours a few times when I have been in the Shanghai area. They are very reliable and always strive to give you the best possible service. During my last visit I contacted them to check if they could help me out with transportation from HongQiao airport to my hotel and then from the hotel to Pudong the day after. I know this is not their normal service but I was lucky and they had a driver available who could help me; having taken a lot of taxis in Shanghai it was great for once with a driver who was driving carefully and that I could fully rely on :-).

When I contacted Miki Tours Miki asked me if I was interested in trying a new service they had. They had just employed an experienced masseuse with the intent to make it possible for their clients to get a massage at their hotel after a day of sightseeing. I have gone to Chinese massage quite a few times but always together with a Chinese colleague who has help out. On your own I would guess it could be slightly confusing and you don't know if you end up with a good or not so good masseur. The massage itself is very nice and I usually go for the traditional foot massage for about 70 minutes. Miki proposed that I should try 60 min back massage since I had had some problems recently. Personally I think around 60 min is excellent and if you are a couple traveling it fits well with 2x60 min after sightseeing and before going out for dinner.

The masseuse, Lily, came to the hotel and I took a hot bath while she prepared for the massage. You feel very comfortable with Lily, she is relaxed, professional and attentive. Lily quickly noted that I had a tension in my right shoulder and she gave it additional focus to relive it. Overall the massage was great and I felt better directly and after a good nights sleep I felt even better in the morning.

Experiencing a traditional Chinese massage is something you should do when visiting China. Going on your own for a massage can be a little bit tricky and potentially uncomfortable and taking one in the hotel can be as expensive as at home. Letting Miki Tours help arrange for a massage in your hotel is a good compromise and a great way to end a day of sightseeing or business.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Miki was fantastic! I spend over a month in China traveling to different cities and this was hands down my favorite days throughout the whole month. We had a limited time in Shanghai and Miki took us to everywhere and more to maximize our time in Shanghai. She spoke perfect english and made our trip so much more meaningful with the history and facts everywhere we went. We did tour A of Shanghai and saw the bend, financial district, temples, pudong financial area, etc. She even send us one her masseuses, Lily, to give us massages after our long and exciting day. It was the frosting to the cake! We really enjoyed and will never forget our trip in Shanghai. Thank you so much Lily! If you want to maximize your time in Shanghai in an enjoyable manner with a flexible and amazing tour guide definitely choose Miki Tours!!

Reviewed 4 July 2014

My whole family went to China this summer from June 10th to June 25th. We decided to travel around China, spending a few days in each place that we went to. When we got to Shanghai we were very excited for our tour with Miki herself, but we did not know what to expect. After being with her for one amazing day, we can honestly say that we learned so much and truly had an incredible time with Miki on her tour. It started out early in the morning so that we could drive to the village which was around an hour away, but it was completely worth it. We walked around seeing a few different water villages, some were already transformed into tourist sites, while others were still their beautiful unique villages. We learned how to write in Mandarin, make dumplings and tell the difference between real and fake clay. Miki showed us how to perform an amazing tea ceremony at her own tea house, and at the end of our day she gave us a tea pot and a very cute tea pet that we were very fond of. My favorite part of the whole day was learning how to make the food that we got to eat for lunch. We are all vegetarian so her and her aunt worked very hard to make us a beautiful meal, and they succeeded. The food was delicious and my whole family loved to see her work in the kitchen with her aunt. After that day we all were so excited to learn her recipes and buy chopsticks to eat our new loved food with. I can truly say that our day was amazing and I could not have wanted anything better. Miki was so sweet and kind and we truly felt like she personalized her tour for us. A lot of other tour guides just do what they are told to do, showing us the sites and smiling, but Miki really was 110% with her sweet attitude and her love of making people happy. I only hope that I can return soon and once again go with Miki on more of her tours, and hopefully go for a longer amount of time this next time.

1  Thank Shayna G
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I went to China with my family for 2 weeks and one of our stops was Shanghai were we were very fortunate to find Miki tours. We spent the day touring around a water village where she owned a nice house and cooked some very nice vegetarian food with her aunt and cousin. We had a great time touring around the village with the local people and going on a boat tour throughout the village. We then had an opportunity to learn how to make dumplings with her and her aunt. I really felt like she treated us like family which was very nice. Miki spoke English very well and was very easy to communicate with. I am grateful to have gone on her tour and would do it again if I were back in Shanghai.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

Miki was amazing. We only had one day in Shanghai so she really made sure we got to see everything we wanted. The price was very reasonable too. She took us to see all the big stuff and even changed our days plans depending on what we wanted to see. She was very nice and even got us massages with one of her masseuses, a great way to end a great day. She knew the history of all the buildings and she took us the historical areas of the city as well. Thanks Miki!!