“Too many drawbacks for its level”

Four Seasons Hotel Shanghai at Pudong
Ranked #7 of 5,160 Hotels in Shanghai
Reviewed 22 April 2013

I was disappointed for a hotel of this class and price. First of all concerning the rooms there is very bad sound proof system. Ibam on 37th floor and incan hear the horns of the cars and even the noise of them driving during the night. Moreover, the flush of the toilet had problem and in reception looked like they knew right away what it was before even i describe which to me sounded like it happened before. But the worse part of all was that from a late night menu, when i chose one if the only three deserts offered (chocolate tart, pinapple seeet and ice creams) they told me they had run out of it and did not have any other chocolate desert. So whats the point of late night desert menu when you dont make sure u have them all.

The area located is nice and the view is great and the kindness of the personel as well as the cleanliness if the place but the above matters are too serious for a four seasons hotel

• Stayed: April 2013
TheFourSeasonsPudong, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Shanghai at Pudong, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your valuable comments. We sincerely apologize for the unpleasant experience you had and would very much like the opportunity to connect with you directly to further understand your stay with us. Please contact me via my email at christian.poda@fourseasons.com
Best regards,

Christian Poda
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 18 April 2013

We stayed here for 1 night at the start of March as a birthday treat. When we arrived, the manager was waiting for us with a gorgeous bunch of roses and a fabulous cake was in my room. Great start! The room was great - really comfy bed. Nice bathroom although the shampoo etc was not as nice as I had hoped.

The spa is lovely - very nice pool. We had drinks/snacks in the club lounge which was nice but very quiet.

Good location but you do have to travel to see the sights.

Would recommend.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 April 2013

Amazing Hotel - Amazing room. Exceptional Service. Their Chinese restaurant is a must try. The location of the Hotel is perfect. The SPA is the best I have seen so far. Kids amenities were very special. The Hotel staff is very guest oriented and they know how to pamper kids. The service is unbelievable, everybody is trying to help.

Esra

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 April 2013

Visited the new Four Seasons Pudong the week before last for dinner and drinks at the lobby level Carmela Lounge. Lobby has a boutique feeling and Carmela Lounge a very warm atmosphere which includes a Sushi Bar and a Thai-style outdoor Sala lounge area with an open flame to warm up the cool evening temperature. Overall was very impressed by the food ordered as well as the wines by the glass. Service was perfect as with any of the other Four Seasons hotels I frequent in Bangkok and Hong Kong. Highly recommended as a peaceful retreat from the bustling surroundings of Shanghai. Was walking distance from IFC.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 April 2013

Stayed in the new Four Seasons Hotel in Pudong two days ago. Having stayed in so many hotels, very rarely I experienced "anticipation" which this great hotel managed to do so in such a short period of operation. I requested for a late check out the night before my departure and when I returned to the room, received a call from front desk to ask if they can deliver a new key to me to allow access after the regular departure time, to me this is a BIG wow... while waiting for cab to the train station, the doorman took the initiative to ask what time is my train and went all the way to hail a cab for me during the peak hour. Many claimed that hotels in the Puxi side are better, I used to stay in hotels in Puxi but having discovered this gem, I guess I will be recommending this as the preferred address in Shanghai.

Room Tip: The hotel is located on the top floors of the building, most rooms have great view overlooking the l...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 March 2013

I have been very fortunate to stay in some amazing hotels; compliments of my job (s). And the Four Seasons in Shanghai Pudong stands among the top 10. This absolutely beautiful hotel was breathtaking from the time you enter through the revolving doors. My husband and I have been blessed to have a long standing relationship with the Four Season's Chain. We own a time share in our favorite location Scottsdale, and compliments to some of the people we've come to know, love, and do business with . me and all my colleagues received room upgrades to suites. All 6 of us were in Suites...THANKS TO MY LOVELY HUSBAND, and the amazing Team at the Four seasons. It was a total of 11 of us travelling, but 5 colleagues were with me, and talk about guilty by association. We were all happy to be guilty that day. The staff was top notch. the breakfast was amazing, and the rooms were huge, the beds were nice and large and comfortable. I was blessed to receive a beautiful bottle of wine from the hotel manager, and it was an amazing bottle of wine that I shared with a colleague of mine that was on the trip with me. We all raved about our experience when we got back in the office, that my company has not added that Four Seasons Hotel on the short list of hotels we can stay at.

The location isn't the greatest, as it is not near a lot, but it is easy to get around, you just have to know here your going!

Room Tip: Even if you do not get an upgrade to a suite, all the rooms are beautiful. The rates are very chea...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 March 2013

A very swanky hotel in the heart of Shanghai Pudong. Super big rooms with all the mod cons, great Executive Lounge that is perfect for meetings, well equipped gym (a TRX machine would be a good addition), spectacular indoor pool and jacuzzi pool over looking Shanghai and first class service. Will definitely be back again!

• Stayed: March 2013