“Recommended”

Four Seasons Hotel Shanghai at Pudong
Ranked #8 of 5,206 Hotels in Shanghai
Reviewed 29 June 2013

Room:

Pearl View Deluxe: space is well utilized and the perfect size for one or two people (not too big/not too small), excellent mini-bar and bathroom amenities, excellent closet space, complimentary bottled waters, rain shower, soaker tub, his/hers sinks, tv in the bathroom mirror, automated room blinds/curtains, customizable lighting and modern decor.

Pros:

- Professional staff. Compared to many other hotels in Shanghai, FS is probably one of the best in terms of training. Room service and in-room dining were excellent.
- Newer hotel. Lobby and facilities were mostly quiet and empty - great feeling of privacy and peace, no massive tour groups or noisy families.
- Complimentary and fast wifi, tons of power outlets for your gadgets. iPod/iPad docking station for music.

Cons:

- Reservations department ignored EVERY single request I, and my assistant sent to them in advance. From type of car to be picked up in, to what type of room/floor I wanted. This alone took one "point" off my rating from Excellent to Very Good, as I was spending a week at the hotel, and this was the first impression I was given of it.

Tips:

- Not the hotel's fault and this goes for every hotel, but if you're interested in the city views, be aware of the pollution - as some days you will not be able to see anything.
- Infinity pool and tub on the 41st floor are a must do (and in case you forget, you can purchase swimwear at the spa). Well-equipped and modern gym (though no rowing machine). Lockers available upon request.
- If you're taking taxis - many cab drivers will confuse this hotel with the older Four Seasons (there are two in Shanghai), be sure to give them the address or show them your room card (with the address in Chinese) and not just the hotel name.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank grumpykins
TheFourSeasonsPudong, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Shanghai at Pudong, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments. We always appreciate knowing how we might improve our service and facilities, and feedback such as yours is our most valuable source.

I was delighted to learn that we exceeded your expectations in several areas of the Hotel and that you were pleased with the service provided to you by our staff. Our employees take great pride in doing their jobs to the best of their ability, and nothing ever gives me greater pleasure than sharing encouraging comments such as yours with our staff.

I am very sorry for the inconvenience you were caused by the lack of follow up by our reservations department. This is a comment that greatly concerns me and I have brought this matter to the attention of our Reservations Manager, who will ensure that all our agents pay extra attention to the perfect execution of all requests.

Thank you again for sharing your feedback with us. We look forward to welcoming you back to Shanghai when your travels bring you back in our direction.

Best regards,

Christian Poda
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 25 June 2013

Great views if you ask for a room facing the city. Well-sized room. Very comfortable & clean to stay. I would say it's a top-class hotel in Shanghai. A very good choice for a business trip. Like it and will stay again next time.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 June 2013

Perfect in every way - one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in. And the breakfast was absolutely fantastic!! I wish I could have been less busy in Shanghai to enjoy the hotel more, but regardless, I felt relaxed and completely rested immediately coming into my room.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
TheFourSeasonsPudong, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Shanghai at Pudong, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your time to share your feedback about your visit to the Four Seasons Hotel Pudong, Shanghai.

We are delighted to read that you were extremely satisfied with your stay, and that you were pleased with the services provided to you by our staff. Whatever success we achieve in meeting the needs of our guests is entirely due to the dedication and commitment of our people. The primary goal of all of us at Four Seasons is to provide our guests with the best possible service, and it is of course immensely gratifying to know when we have succeeded in meeting their expectations. I was particularly happy to

We have shared your comments with our team, please know that they mean a lot to us. We look forward to welcoming you back to Shanghai when your travels bring you back in our direction.

Kind regards,
Christian Poda
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 31 May 2013

Fantastic, well sized room, very nice toiletries make it all a great place stay. Could not fault staff and though did not dine in hotel the bar on the ground floor with a happy hour was a piece of class and tranquility. Not cheap but fair value. Ask for a room facing the city and skyscrapers.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Brady K
Reviewed 31 May 2013

A lot of pros and cons in my opinion.

Atmosphere: Very modern with stunning cool designs BUT it lacks the grandeur of other 5 star hotels like Fairmont Peace or The Peninsula as well as the sophisticated charm of The Park Hyatt. When you reach the lobby all you may see are just the concierge guys, the receptionists and a pretty empty lobby with no activities.

Room : Spacious, well decorated, quite hi-tech , brand new BUT the mirror TV is not placed at the right spot, when you dip into the bathtub you cannot easily watch TV. Some furnishings start to tear apart ( the red leather).

Service: the service was great but not perfect. I wouldn't complain if most of them get B+ score, but one just got "F" from me. (A girl at the breakfast restaurant ) I know she was probably tired but customers for this kind of hotel will never expect an impolite robotic eyes on a frown face like that.

Location : close to subway BUT no restaurants or convenient stores in the building. Have to walk to The Park Hyatt building for food and other stuff.

Uniform : My personal view - understand the management's idea to have a cool cozy uniform, BUT i just found it look too casual for a Four Season hotel.

View: quite good view of the Pearl tower BUT pretty far / not the best yet.

Breakfast: Not a very wide selection of breakfast. Some items look below five star standard.

All in all, a good Four Seasons but just not a very good one like other Four Seasons hotels you may know.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2013

It's a little bit difficult to find the entrance and even a lot of cab drivers dont know the hotel, they always mess it up with the one in puxi. but the view is just fantastic, especially from the pool on the top floor! i also love the 24h open gym, its not that common in the city. the room decor is both modern and sexy and it makes u sleep well all night. i also love the caring staff, caring while not caring too much.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 May 2013

The hotel is really great. Very well located - Very nice room with large and modern bathroom - Large and comfortable bed - Amazing pool on the roof with a beautiful view over the city - Nice staff - Good Breakfast - My prefered choice in Shanghai - I recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business