Four Seasons Hotel Shanghai at Pudong
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewspearl viewcamelia restaurantswimming poolexecutive clubin room diningchinese restaurantthe hotel managerthe financial districtcentury avenuejunior suitetop floorbusiness loungememorable stayifc mallluxurious hotelamazing hotelthe general manager
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Was probably the best hotel room I have stayed in. The construction style is very contemprary, and the room has all ammenities. Excellent health club and the view from the swimming pool on the 41st floor was stunning. Staff were very courteous. Overall had a wonderful experience.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
TheFourSeasonsPudong, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Shanghai at Pudong, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your time to share your feedback about your visit to the Four Seasons Hotel Pudong, Shanghai.

We are delighted to read that you were very satisfied with your stay, and that you were pleased with the services provided to you by our staff. Whatever success we achieve in meeting the needs of our guests is entirely due to the dedication and commitment of our people. The primary goal of all of us at Four Seasons is to provide our guests with the best possible service, and it is of course immensely gratifying to know when we have succeeded in meeting their expectations.

We have shared your comments with our team, please know that they mean a lot to us. We look forward to welcoming you back to Shanghai when your travels bring you back in our direction.

Reviewed 7 December 2013 via mobile

Initial impression is good. A small Looby, not overly grand (in a good way) and handsome interiors.

Check in was efficient if not a little nonchalant.

The room is well appointed, feels solid and spacious. A nice space to be in.

Problem number one arose when I realized that the air con had been shut off (because temperatures outside were in the low teens I guess). Notwithstanding the room was very warm and there was no way to bring the temperature down to normal....all night.

The glazing of the hotel is seemingly flimsy since the noise of a major 24 hour construction site provided for a very unpleasant all-night background noise that woke me up earlier than I had to. Paired with a room that was far too warm, not a very good night.

The biggest let down was the meal in the French restaurant. The menu reads well. A French classics menu that is generally always up my alley.

The restaurant was empty when we walked in and we were greeted by a yawning member of staff and a very weird music mix of 80's pop and Christmas music at night club db levels. Felt more like an empty club than a restaurant.

The staff in the restaurant felt very "green" for a hotel of this calibre and although our waiter was friendly he was helpless. One of those situations where his guess is at good as yours when it comes to what from your order will actually arrive.

After our starter order had been delivered wrongly two inedible main courses arrived. We had ordered two steaks medium. What arrived were two pieces of meat that were so well done they could have passed for "braised". The vegetables were inedible and actually even smelled "off".

We left hungry after the customary free dessert offer (if we wanted creme brûlée we would have ordered it). No manager bothered to show up despite countless problems in an otherwise empty restaurant. Another experience that underlines that you should avoid hotel restaurants like the plague....particularly the one at Four Seasons.

The quality of the room did not make up for the service, which, compared to other luxury hotels in shanghai is below par. A very poor meal and a noisy and restless night are reason enough for me not to want to stay there again.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
TheFourSeasonsPudong, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Shanghai at Pudong, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time share your detailed feedback about your stay with Four Seasons Hotel Pudong, Shanghai.

As you can imagine, I was very concerned by your comments about your stay and have shared your notes with our team to ensure improvement is made.

I truly believe that your experience is thankfully not typical of the style or standard of service that we more normally achieve. I would hate to think that this unfortunate incident would discourage you from returning in the future, and hope that, on reflection, you may feel able to give us an opportunity to redeem ourselves.
If you like to contact me directly please find my details below.

Christian.poda@fourseasons.com

Reviewed 5 December 2013

I was in the new Four Seasons Pudong Hotel in Shanghai for 3 nights and will never forget it.
The whole Hotel which has 41 floors exudes Glamour. The staff is absolutely friendly always with a smile. I am an Artlover and had a lot to explore. Very good concept and inspiring for those who are interested in Design and Architecture.
I was in the 33th floor which has access to the executive Lounge in the 35th floor. This makes sense if you like to have an intimate breakfast area or like to join a glass of wine. All this and more is complimentary. But the best is the 41st food, the pool and the Spa where you have the total Pudong overview with its typical skyline. The sundowner time is magical. The whole spa is breathtaking designed. You will feel like a king. My massages also top. I had dinner in the chinese Restaurant. Very discretly and intimate. The food Wow! What else. The Bar is cool and the rooms are so intelligent and high end equipped…This is my new destination for Shanghai.

Room Tip: The rooms in the higher levels have that great views at the Skyline.

Reviewed 5 December 2013

This was both a weekend getaway that turned into a business trip for both me and my husband. The hotel staff is the greatest draw--efficient but not abrupt, friendly but not intrusive. The Guerlain spa had very good treatments in a relaxing setting. Don't miss the pool (and a variety of showers) esp at night. There is excellent local tea at the spa and in the rooms.

Room Tip: The room we got was huge with lots of closet space and a beautiful bathroom stocked with high quality Italian toiletries (Lorenzo villoresi) ---all the rooms are probably like this. The mini bar was not a mini bar--it was a cocktail bar!!

Reviewed 1 December 2013

It all started with a problem - due to an entry error the hotel forgot that they were supposed to meet me at the airport. The chaos ensued and after an hour of waiting, I was put on a cab for a ride that made me feel I was in the Mad Max movie.
Trying to convince myself for an hour it took to get from the Pudong airport that millions of people take these cabs and survive both the ride and the pollution, I finally arrived.
The staff was extremely apologetic and managed to soothe their upset guest's frazzled nerves through a combination of complimentary services and how-can-we-help attitude.
After that it was all so good it was boring until I had a dental emergency that allowed the concierge desk to truly shine. They were amazingly helpful and efficient, and my problem was solved in no time despite occurring on Saturday.
In summary: take precautions, make sure there are no mix-ups, but otherwise prepare to be greeted and pampered by a world class hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

Sorry again fo the mix up that caused us to miss your car pick up and we are even more delighted to read that you were otherwise very satisfied with your stay, and that you were pleased with the services provided to you by our staff. Whatever success we achieve in meeting the needs of our guests is entirely due to the dedication and commitment of our people. The primary goal of all of us at Four Seasons is to provide our guests with the best possible service, and it is of course immensely gratifying to know when we have succeeded in meeting their expectations.