“My Regular Hotel @ Shanghai”

Renaissance Shanghai Pudong Hotel
Ranked #71 of 5,059 Hotels in Shanghai
Singapore, Singapore
“My Regular Hotel @ Shanghai”
Reviewed 18 October 2013

this is my preferred hotel when visiting Shanghai. The hotel is a little dated in design compare to the nearby Radisson, Crowne Plaza, Himalayas, Carrie hotels. Location wise, it is at a residential area with just a few restaurants across the street and a couple of convenient stores. However, I always enjoy my stay here for the warm reception of the staffs who are usually very helpful and warm - especially those at the club lounge. I was particularly impressed by one of the staff who greeted me because he remembered seeing me last month! While this hotel is not next to a mall, it is just a short walk from Thumb Plaza (10 mins stroll) which has many restaurants. Walking to the nearest subway is not that far too, 15 mins at most. the hotel's Chinese restaurant is pretty good, much better than the western one on the same floor.

room in the hotel is of good size and well maintained, the bed is especially comfortable. the janitor is always very helpful and folded my used shirt neatly on the sofa, they did it twice and I was then too embarrassed to leave the used shirt on the chair. LOL

my overall experience has been very positive with the stay at this hotel every time. this hotel also presents a good value. I will definitely be back again when I visit Shanghai.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank chongkc13
rhipudong, Public Relations Manager at Renaissance Shanghai Pudong Hotel, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
Dear chongkc13,thank you for staying with us at the Renaissance Shanghai Pudong Hotel.
I appreciate that you took the time to post such a positive review. We are very glad that our Navigator team provided high quality services for you. You have a good time at our hotel. Our Wan Li Restaurant is fabulous, and we have a variety of cuisines in the hotel.If you want to try different dinner location next time, our R Navigators are happy to assist you.We are looking forward to welcoming you back again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 12 October 2013

As Shanghai gets more expensive, this property gets more appealing. The front desk staff speaks very good english, professional and friendly. The rooms will soon need an overhaul, especially the bathrooms but they are clean, quiet and comfortable. Do not miss the breakfast, its great. This hotel is within 3-4 kilometers of the Maglev train station so its a very quick ride to and from the airport. But be prepared for the possibility of a hassle with any red or blue color taxi getting from the station to the hotel as it is such a short ride they will make any excuse not to take the fare. The white or green colored taxis are usually more professional and courteous. The hotel is close to a subway station that will get you to Puxi side in a couple of minutes and has nearby shopping so this location is very convenient.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank RofC_13
Dear RofC_13,thank you for staying with us at Renaissance Shanghai Pudong Hotel and taking time to leave such a positive comment about us! It is great to hear that you were satisfied with our staff and rooms. We are starting an extension upgrade of our rooms soon.Thanks also for your positive comments about our breakfast which we are very proud of. If you come back next time, you could try to dine at Renaissance Brasserie,REIZENYA Japanese Recipe or Wan Li Restaurant they are all delicious. Our hotel is very close tp Century Park, Metro Station Line 2 and Line 9, so it is easy to get to Puxi side or anywhere you want to go. We hope to see you again in Shanghai and believe you will again have a fantastic experience at our hotel.
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 2 October 2013

I've stayed at this hotel a couple of times over the past few years on business. I have not been disappointed at all. The location is excellent. The streets are wide, crowd-free and clean. Access to/from the airport easy. Numerous restaurants, shops, metro, and malls are all within a 20 minute (at most) walk. The customer service is very good, and I have never had a problem speaking English to any of them. The rooms are spacious, clean, quiet and comfortable. It also boasts a great executive lounge.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank T204raveler
rhipudong, Public Relations Manager at Renaissance Shanghai Pudong Hotel, responded to this review, 13 October 2013
Dear 204John204, thank you for your time to review our hotel. I am glad to hear that you have had a wonderful time stay with us. As you said, our location is very convenient. There are malls such as Thumb and Laya Plaza which is very close to our hotel for great shopping and dining, and brands include Lacoste, ZARA, SEPHORA, Jade Garden, StarBucks, etc. Meanwhile, we would like to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel again.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 September 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night on business in September and found it to be a pleasant experience.

Reception: An efficient service, staff welcoming and friendly. English language understanding very good. Bell hops very keen to assist you to your room.

Room: Modern and in good condition, clean and well maintained. DVD player and good aircon.

Bathroom: Finished to a high standard with a large bath and large separate shower. Starting to show signs of wear and tear though, maybe due a re-furb in a couple of years. Good quality amenities and towels

Minibar: Well stocked with plenty of choice of snacks and drinks. Complimentary tea and coffee in the room.

WIFI: Free Wi-Fi available in the room and in the public areas of the hotel

Restaurants: I only used the lobby bar and found this to be a really good atmosphere. Staff friendly and drinks and food all very good. A very pleasant evening whilst on a very short stay at this property.

Local Information: There is a DVD store opposite and an ATM just around the corner. Take a 10 minute walk and there is a large shopping area with lots of restaurants and bars. This is spilt over two sides of a main road, so make sure you check out all of it before deciding on a restaurant. A 10 minute walk in the oppposite direction will take you to an underground market were you can negiotiate prices with the locals on shoes, clothes, bags and electronics.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Speedbird_238_Heavy
Dear Speedbird_238_Heavy, thank you very much for this detailed review of our hotel. We are thrilled to learn about your appreciation of our warm hospitality, rooms and ambiance. We are planning to upgrade our guest rooms soon in line with the Renaissance lifestyle concept. There are an underground market in metro line 2 which is very close to our hotel and a DVD shop just cross the corner for your to buy some souvenirs and movies. Hope to see you again in Shanghai and we believe you will have a fantastic experience at the hotel.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Nice and comfortable room. Great and friendly staff. Breakfast was awesome with a wide range of choice and good quality. The hotel is situated in a residential area so there is nothing around. Not close to a subway station either. That offers a peaceful and quiet environment. At the same time, be prepared to travel in and out on a cab.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Dear tmtexpress, we thank you so much for taking time to write a review on TripAdvisor following your last visit at Renaissance Shanghai Pudong Hotel. Your comments concerning our service and food selection is much appreciated. In regards to our hotel location, it is very close to Century Park, which is one of the largest parks in Shanghai and has a beautiful landscape. Just 15 minutes walk away is the Laya and Thumb Plaza, with a wide array of shops, restaurants and a large supermarket. We are looking forward to see you again at our hotel, and our Navigator would love to share you some hidden gems in our local neighborhood.
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

This hotel caters mainly to the business crowd as its location is in the financial district of shanghai. Rooms are of a good size and very comfortable. Not much of a view but if you are looking for a view, maybe better to eat at Lujiazhui or the Bund cos views in shanghai come at a hefty price. Besides that, I like the service at the Club Lounge. I had the privilege of being served by 2 exceptional staff, Levis and Tony. When I was poring over my map, Levis took the initiative to talk to me and recommended day trips. He also tried to send me email on Nanjing where I was headed although this didn't happen due to some email error. Tony, on the other hand, also came up to me while I was doing research on shanghai on a separate occasion and described to me in details on where and what to eat in shanghai. On a Friday night, I asked him for advice and he made a few calls to try reserving a restaurant for my friend and I (not easy for Fridays in shanghai). He finally made one for me at hyatt and without my asking, requested for a window view and highlighting to them that I was from overseas and this was a special dinner.
I have stayed at many hotels and experienced a couple of club lounges but this is one of the best service I have experienced.
Don't hesitate to stay here if you want a pudong location and great service!

• Stayed September 2013
rhipudong, Public Relations Manager at Renaissance Shanghai Pudong Hotel, responded to this review, 4 June 2015
Dear Linandhui,

Thank you very much for your choosing stay in Renaissance Shanghai Pudong Hotel and sharing your wonderful experience.

We strive to ensure that guests' expectations are always exceeded and we are pleased to read that you were satisfied with our service and our products. Great appreciated that you will recommend our hotel to your friend.

We are looking forward to your next stay and join us to have a great discover journey! We are sure tha you will satisfied with our newly revoted guest rooms!

Best regards,
Reviewed 30 August 2013 via mobile

Good location, near the International Expo, £2 with tip in a taxi. Good mall with coffee shops and restaurants nearby, local and Western

Hotel itself was great for a good price. Fantastic food and staff at breakfast, and lovely relaxed lobby bar, with a happy hour 5-8, ideal after a long sweaty day at the Expo.
Rooms a little more traditional in their decor than other Western hotels in Shanghai but still great comfort, and space.

All in all, good choice and will be back

Stayed August 2013, travelled on business