“good” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #86 of 4,967 Hotels in Shanghai
Rumbeke, Belgium
“good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

Good hotel, but very expensive. Location is good for business, but not for Leisure. Nice bar, good food, nice room, service correct, swimming pool very correct. I don't give it a five star due to their prices. I will stay next month in another 5 star hotel in Shanghai for half the price !

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

Stayed for a longer period - over a week - at the hotel. Was a nice experience with a very courteous staff. Great business hotel and am sure it is quite at par as most of the Marriott group hotels are.

Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

My husband and I called this hotel "home" in May 2010 and September 2010, when he was sent here for a month each time by his company, to work in Shanghai. He was not able to come this time, but my niece came along. I was glad to be back here in the early part of April 2014. I was disappointed to see that the Executive Lounge was being renovated. Hopefully, when I come back, it is finished.
Our flight came in about 6 hours late so we were very tired when we arrived. Checking in was a breeze. Paul was very nice and efficient. Our room was in the 18th floor.
The breakfast on the second floor was good. I like the good choice of dishes- Western ,as well as, Asian dishes. I got to like the wonton soup for breakfast, which I never had at home ! The servers were friendly and were always smiling. During our stay here this time, I had the chance to see the fruit and vegetable market across the street where I used to buy some produce in 2010. I had a haircut at Amani's not too far from the hotel. I really felt at home. I had the privilege of meeting the new General Manager at breakfast on my last day here. Daisy, who checked me out, was efficient and pleasant. I was glad to have stayed here again. My husband and I will definitely stay here, when we are in Shanghai.

Room Tip: I always like the rooms in the higher floors as they are quieter.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
rhipudong, General Manager at Renaissance Shanghai Pudong Hotel, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear TRAVELdglobenow, thank you for taking the time to give us such positive feedback and we are happy that you still felt a bit like home after returning to the Renaissance Pudong Hotel. I am glad to hear that you had a smooth check in after an unfortunate long flight and you overall enjoyed your time with us. I will pass on the positive feedback to John and Daisy myself. As Renaissance we always try to provoke our guests to discover the city and local surroundings and it sounds good that you had a chance to visit the fruit and vegetable market. It was a pleasure to meet you at the Brasserie for a short chat and look forward to present you the newly renovated guest rooms when you come back to Shanghai next time. Thanks again for your loyalty.

Best regards,
Dressino, Silvano
North Salt Lake, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

Overall hotel is fantastic, great location and a wonderful staff. Rooms are nice and clean but a little tired. One team member names Levi really took his club level attendant role to a new level... Great kid hope to see him in the future. This breakfast was a sub par experience when it comes to American breakfasts in Asia.

Room Tip: Go for the club level, well worth the additional fee.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear NT, thank you for taking the time to share such positive comments about our staff and especially Levis who provided you with a great lounge experience. Great feedback motivates him and the team even more to deliver exceptional service. As you might know we are upgrading all our guest rooms and look forward to your positive feedback when they are ready. As we get usually very positive comments about our breakfast I would be happy to hear your thoughts what we can do better in comparison to other hotels you have visited in Asia. Feel free to contact me under rhi.sharn.gm@renaissancehotels.com. Please do come back again and look forward to meet you in person.
Charlottesville, VA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

The Renaissance Pudong is a good business hotel to use while visiting Shanghai. The staff here are helpful and service oriented, like in all Marriott hotels. The public spaces are open and generously proportioned--which is important because of the air pollution outside. The breakfast is varied, accommodating both western and Asian cuisine. During renovation, the happy hour was in the lobby bar, which is very good.

Room Tip: Find a hotel with an excellent HVAC system. The air quality index (AQI) in Shanghai during my visit...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
rhipudong, Public Relations Manager at Renaissance Shanghai Pudong Hotel, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Dear Oceantics, we are delighted to hear your good experience and truly appreciate for sharing your positive feedback. We are delighted to hear about your appreciation of our engaging service, breakfast and happy hour in the lobby bar. You might be glad to hear that with our guest room renovation apart from a fresh look and feel in a modern Renaissance lifestyle design we also upgrading our HVAC system. We are looking forward to welcoming you back again.
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

Thumbs up! If you come to this hotel, you will find new meaning of what is hospitality.The moment you come out from your taxi and to the last day you will leave, they serve you like you're the only guest for the day. Yes, that's how I feel. Not once, not twice. I am regular here for business trip but with Renaissance, it helps to lighten the burden of a week-long business trip and meetings.

They assist you with your luggage, they welcome you with a smile, they'll check you in courteously and as quickly,they will escort you to the lift or to your room, they will run to get your luggage when you come down the lift, they will greet you with a smile everywhere. Even at the breakfast lounge, they treat you so nicely.

The rooms are comfortable, the bed with so many pillows(like 6 of them) that you can cover yourself with all the comfortable pillows. Ask for a wake-up call! Mind you, it's just a recording but nothing can be more cheerful than the recorded wake-up call in this hotel.

The hotel is not new, nothing lavish, just classic Renaissance but with the service provided, for me,it's a home away from home.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear FreeradicalGreg, thumbs up for such a great review! The entire team is very happy and energized thanks to your fabulous feedback about the restaurant, hotel and especially the level of service exhibited by our Navigators. Indeed we receive lots of recognition for our warm and friendly service throughout the hotel. As you said, our hotel is not new but we are in process of renovating all our guest rooms with minimum guest interruption and soon will be able to present you a new look and feel in Renaissance lifestyle design. I look forward to welcoming you back to Renaissance Shanghai Pudong Hotel soon.
Gurgaon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

Overall good business hotel - rooms are fine, breakfast is fine, overall good. Nothing super-outstanding to rate this a '5', but overall fine. Location is good and service was good also. Hotel is well kept.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank TheVeggieWanderer
rhipudong, Public Relations Manager at Renaissance Shanghai Pudong Hotel, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Dear rohitgupta999,thank you very much for taking time to share your experience.We are glad that you enjoyed our hotel and services.We are currently upgrading all our guest rooms and look forward to welcome you back.I am sure you will enjoy the fresh, modern look and facilities
in a few months time and may give us a 5 star rating then.